All member reviews for Spirited Away

Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2012

One of the Best Animes

It is an amazing movie. No wonder it won an Oscar. There wasn't a dull moment. Common Sense Media is usualy a few years too high. My 8 and 9 year old sisters were not scared at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheYoungSnob August 10, 2012

This is the best anime movie. That. Is a fact.

Coming from the genius mind of acclaimed director and animator Hayao Miyazaki comes the anime movie of the century. An simply breathtaking story featuring a strong female as the lead role. One thing I love about this movie is the fact that the lead role starts off as an ordinary, relate-able girl. This is a pretty good aspect, since your young teenagers will be able to relate to a girl like this. However, as the film progresses Chihiro (the lead role) develops from just a simple, ordinary girl, to much more than that. She becomes a strong, brave role model, one that kids and teens should be encouraged to look up to. Her acts of chivalry and braveness are admirable, and yet she still has to face the challenge of learning to overcome fears and work hard. Spirited away teaches the lessons that standing up for yourself and working hard can get you out of any situation. Yes, even an enchanted, magical Japanese world. Which is another aspect of the film! Hayao Miyazaki perfectly and stupendously presents a weird, strange kind of world which will delight and intrigue every kid. I guess one could argue that some of the characters, such as Yubaba, the witch, and No-Face could be slightly frightening to kids, so maybe caution a little? No need to fuss much, though, because Spirited away is a stupendous movie with positive messages that your kid will definitely enjoy! Give it a try, you won't regret it!
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2012

WATCH THIS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. (And for people who love cliffhangers; CLIFFHANGER at the end!)

THIS. MOVIE. IS AWESOME! Chihiro is a great role model, and is like a lot of ten year old girls in the Beggining. Lazy. Sure, when Haku (the dragon) is bleeding, or when no face is throwing up, it may scare younger viewers. I watch Beggining to end when I was 6. This has to be Miyazaki's masterpiece. But, the end is soooo sad. It's a cliffhanger. Oh, the irony. That always happens when you love a movie. And..... CHIHIRO+HAKU FOREVER!!! :) I support young love!
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2012

Depressing but good

The main character girl goes to a lot of trouble to save her parents and that is touching, i am twelve my little sister loves this movie! I really dont know why but i find the movie depressing and sad but good.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

This is one of the reasons I love Studio Ghibli.

My neighbor and I had a Ghibli double-feature time. I have Ponyo, she has Spirited away. And spirited away is awesome! It might scare little kids, but in a bizarre kind of way.
Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2012

Moi Momo Natsu

I ment to give it five stars but my computer won't let me but it is my favorite movie!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2012

Good movie, but HORRIBLE cliff hanger

I think the movie was beautiful, but they left you wanting more.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2012

i liked it

i liked spirited away, it teaches you values. i also liked some of the characters and ot had a good plot but some times i didn't know what was happening but maybe that was because i watched it when i was more little. but most 7 year olds and under will get bored and maybe sometimes it does get boring but like i said a was more little when i watched it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 April 25, 2012

Why a rating of 11?

This is my favorite anime movie. Anyone of any age will find something they like in this if you are a fan of fantasy, adventure, animation, anime or film you should love this movie. Kids should love it to
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 April 10, 2012

Strange,but excellent

Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2012

spritied away review

its a great movie and i love it! it might be a bit scary for younger children. i definley reccomted it for 7 ages and up. one of Hayao Miyazaki's best movies in my opian.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2012

wow

wow, i am blown away by this movie, i watched it with my sister who is 8, she was scared by it, but i luved it, amazing, exoves, i saw it when i was three, i was so scared we stopped it in the middle
Teen, 14 years old Written byUnseenWorld February 29, 2012

Amazing!

I first watched this movie when I was 6, and instantly fell in love with it. Since I'm a bit mature for my age I put the recommended age for 7 and up. This movie does have a few scary and violent parts, but nothing too graphic. It has a lot of positive messages about kindness and selflessness. Chihiro risks her own life to save those who she cares about. I would say this is one of the best movies I have ever watched, and I would definitely recommend it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJinxIsMeJ February 23, 2012

Will leave you speechless!

Spirited Away is one of the best animated children's movies in the world, period. The story is magnificent and touching, there are many funny moments, the characters are extremely memorable, the animation is top notch. CSM says that there are scary looking creatures, but I used to watch this when I was 5 years old and the only thing that scared me were the pigs in the beginning. This is by far my favorite kid's movie of all time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytori225 February 20, 2012

Great Movie!

I saw this movie last year and I loved it! The different spirits might scare some younger kids, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVeronique148 February 15, 2012

oF7o

This movie came out when I was four I dont remember seeing at that time but I remeber seeing it at 4 or 5.This movie scared the crap outta me.Im not as scared but this movie is still fudgin crazy.Its a amazing film though!
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

The Greatest Animated Movie Ever

Such a great movie. Girls will love the main character. It is very scary at some points
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

Scary

It is scary. But good, too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMJ432 January 19, 2012

Spirited Away Review

The creatures in this movie are definatley creepy and odd I remeber seeing this when i was little and i was really confused show it to kids who caan understand it and not be frightened by it (watch it yourself first)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverwing365 January 16, 2012

Do Yourself a Favor, Watch This

I was introduced to this film when I was very young. At first I was somewhat skeptical about seeing a anime film, but after watching it , I became a hardcore Studio Ghibli nerd. This film is amazing, filled with very likable and complex characters, a fantasic soundtrack, and a truly moving story. It's perfect for kids with boundless imaginations, and it will even awaken the little kid inside adults. See it.