All member reviews for Spirited Away

Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2010

this is the best movie i ever seen
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2010

Perfect for tweens.

LOVE this movie.SUPER scary for kids under te age of ten.
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2010

it is a very good book or movie for your children
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2010

Perfect for the whole family!

This is a great movie by Hayao Miyazaki and a show that many people should watch and enjoy. There is only one violent scene where paper birds attack Haku (A boy that becomes a dragon) when he is in dragon form. I know I started enjoying this movie when I was 6 but many sensative kids may not like that the parents turn into pigs and the dragon scene. It has a happy ending and it is really great. You can really watch this movie over and over!
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2010

Save yourself 2 hours

this is the dumbest movie ever, period, no purpose and i dont like japanese anime. so for me this movie was a pile of crap
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE August 5, 2010

Amazing movie!

Spirited Away is a wonderful movie, very nice to watch on a rainy day. I have it on DVD and have seen it heaps of times. The animation is great, the background music is great, the storyline is great, the characters are great. It's a very enjoyable movie! Some parts, like when Chihiro encounters a giant baby, and of course like when in the beginning when she finds out her parents have turned into pigs, can be creepy to younger viewers, but it's still a good choice for all ages.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2010

My uncle recommended this movie for me, so likewise, I did a google search for it and found it. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I loved the whole message and absolutely loved Haku and the concept of how he saved Chihiro from the river when she was little!! I recommend this for everyone. I liked how it ended, but I want to see if Haku and Chihiro ever meet again!!! :D Oh well, awesome though
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2010

A Family Favorite,For All Ages

The first time I saw this,I was about 3-4. My parents were always at work,letting my grandparents watch me, giving me time to watch alone. But when I saw Spirited Away, I thought it was kind of scary and weird and long. I was little then,but when I saw it again at age 8,I began to understand the concept of the film.The idea of Chihiro's parents turning into pigs when eating enchanted food is genius,and so is the character No-Face.Yubaba and the big,ginormous baby could be frightening to younger children,but teaches the gift of responsibility and maturity. The only gory details are paper birds hitting a dragon,and then coughing up blood afterwards, but nothing else.the fact that Chihiro has to get a job and work,and being mocked at by others can also teach a life philosophy.At the end of the movie,Chihiro's parents are human again,and when Chihiro leaves, she is told to never look back,no matter what,even though she is tempted to. I really do wonder what would happen next if Chihiro looked back. That's something you should talk about with your children. CLIFFHANGER!!! XP
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 10, 2010

I love this movie. It is a very good movie. It is from japan. I love Japan. It's a good movie. I rated this the Austin Review Collector Series.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

Get ready to be Spirited Away

Nostalgia rushed through me when I remembered seeing this as a child, after watching it recently I rekindled the flame of Miyazaki's masterpieces. In the same week I also watched Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 May 31, 2010

Good, but not that good.

I loved it, but there are other Miyazaki films I liked better. Kaze no Tani no Naushika (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind) was better in my opinion, but that movie is not on this site. The story may be a bit scary for children, or difficult to comprehend. It teaches a bit of discipline and maturity, and also teaches that everyone can be good, despite a past problem or things they've done to harm the main character. The violence isn't anything to worry about. Some blood, but nothing fatal. A dragon gets beaten by flying paper things, and he spits out blood, nothing more than that. It can be gross when No Face vomits everywhere, but little kids may find it funny when it covers people. I didn't, as it was, indeed, very disgusting. Even though I didn't like it that much, it is an anime classic worth seeing.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2010

=) If you like it, watch others! Sure to pleasee.

There are a few parts that little kids would be afraid of, but other than that I love this movie! It has positive messages, great role models, lovely animation. =) I recommend starting with this movie, and if you enjoy it watching others by the same person [Ex. Kiki`s Delivery Service, Howl`s Moving Castle, Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, etc.] Some kids will love it, but some might even get a bit bored. I don`t really think it`s the best movie by this person, but you should see it anyway. It is very sweet. Recognize voice from Lilo and Stitch! :D
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2010

there are some scary images, but they are quite mild. people are swallowed by no face (they are not chewed) , but eventually they are spit out. So all of it is pretty mild except for the part where a bloody dragon is seen. It is seen bleeding for at least 10 minutes, but other than that, the movie is al right,but I'd say tweens and up.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2010

This Is a good movie but it is gruesome.plus i do like anime movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykirakirari567 April 11, 2010

Good For Older Children and Adults.

My sister and I watched this movie, and we both loved it. It takes a lot to make either of us cry, and this movie did just that. Spirited Away would be best for kids ten and up due to the bloody violence and brief smoking, but if you're able to avoid hose parts, this movie has great messages, and should be seen by everyone.
Teen, 15 years old Written byExoves March 5, 2010

Out there. Fantastic movie like Howl's Moving Castle. More for younger kids in my opinion. But its still a fantastic movie. Teaches kids to grow up a bit. Definitely good role models. No real violence, well maybe that baby. *Thinks about it* No thats just a regular baby.
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

It was pretty good
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2010

Outstanding movie. Amazing.

This was an outstanding movie, while there are some scenes that are a little scary, and there's a bleeding dragon (significantly) there's nothing else really bad about it. It's a young girl that sticks to trying to save her parents in this spirit bath-house. It's a wonderful movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap January 7, 2010

i think this is a creepy kinda movie and when i saw it when i was little i got really really scared and had bad dreams about being turned into a pig
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist January 6, 2010