Classic franchise gets new life; OK for older kids.

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byGrisabella June 19, 2009

Great movie adds near sex scene to push rating to PG-13

"softcore sex scene" is much closer to the truth than "characters in their underwear make out on a bed" as you state in your review. That scene was truly unnecessary to the plot of the movie, as Kirk's womanizing ways are established all through the film over and over. I really loved the movie, I just get annoyed when they throw stuff like this in just to push their rating to a PG-13 to get teens to see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli November 11, 2010

Hey, if you have to watch a remake, might as well see this one

Hey, if you have to watch a remake, might as well see this one. In this reboot, the characters Spock and Kirk argue and clash a lot, but in the end, they work toward being friends, despite their differences. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto (Sylar from heroes) Are two of my favorite actors, and the true-to-life friendship they have just made to movie better. at frist i was iffy about this movie, since star trek was my childhood, but my dad, sister, and I ended up LOVING IT (and that's saying something, because my sister HATES star trek) Some Violence, regarding phasers, and fist fighting, and a few characters die, but otherwise, family friendly movie... (:
Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2010

Great geeek funny movie

Smart action packed science fiction comedy space movie attacks back to theaters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 28, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Adult Written bysarahkay89 November 17, 2010

Exciting movie. Good for adults or teens, not children

Great movie, but I'm sorta a Trekkie at heart anyway. Some violence and one inappropriate "groping" scene with Kirk and a green woman. Overall I thought it was well done. Would not should it to my kids, but teens are okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMatthewAbate January 21, 2011

I do not think this film is good for peoples that do not enjoy Star Wars!

This is a garbage movie made of Garbage Coffee! All of it should be stolen by Meowica Women in about 15 seconds!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

star trek fan or not this is sci fi at its best

the makings of a great sci fi movie are here in perfect order and this is sure to appease even the staunchiest critic a devoted star trek fan cant miss this
Parent of a 13 year old Written byonly trying to help April 12, 2010

Bad for kids and teens

Too violet for all kids and teens
Parent of a 6, 12, and 14 year old Written byccmmum May 30, 2009

Mostly Great!

Great movie with one unnessary scene with Kirk and a green girl, of course. Looking forward to the sequal!
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

star trek is back

really funny movie to get star trek back on board
Teen, 15 years old Written byMissE1000 March 26, 2011

Star Trek is awesome

I am a Star Treker who started watching at age 7 (the Next Generation) and I absolutely love this movie. I think it's fine for 11 and up. We let my brother watch it (at the time he was eight) and he didn't notice that anyone was drunk or that in one scene, Kirk is making out with a girl in his underwear. It depends on the kid, but mine has an older sister, so it didn't bother him. Fine for 11 and up.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Really cool!

This is an AWESOME movie! It is very funny and cool! YEAHUHH!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 March 27, 2011

Surprisingly good but also very mature

My rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action/violence, language and some sexuality.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 11, 2011

Not your father's "Star Trek" ... but respects it

While not especially graphic, there's enough PG-13-ish sex (some kissing in underwear) and violence (murder and torture in quick, but unmistakable, glimpses) in this movie to make it generally inappropriate for under 12. Plot-wise, it's actually kind of an uninspired sci-fi with time-travel mumbo-jumbo and space ships with inexplicably leaky pipes. Where this movie excels is in its cast and characters. I yawned through the phaser battles, but got goosebumps when Kirk and Spock were arguing on the bridge. The writers and director really understand why the world loves these characters, and the new group of young actors perfectly echo the famous original performances yet bring something fresh to each one. That's no small trick, and makes this a satisfying movie for fans and non-fans alike. I can imagine how a new generation of teens will come to think of this Enterprise crew as their own, and their parents will feel like their beloved old show has not be exploited but invigorated.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byMaxmum June 14, 2009

A family success! (from grandpa down to 7yr.-old)

The whole family saw this together - aged 64 to seven! We all enjoyed it. It's a bit too sophisticaed for the youngest viewer, but as a parent I wasn't too concerned about any particular content. My son was entertained, and I think even gleaned a good lesson or two. The best aspect was sharing this movie as a family! You can see me review this movie with my father, at www.youtube.com/gabndad
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2010

one of the best movies ive seen

Man this movie is the best its like one of those movies that when you get done watching you say "im gonna watch it again!".
Kid, 9 years old October 16, 2010
I loved it ! I thought it was really amazing! It was questionable due to the other Star Trek movies. Parts that did not make sense like later on Spock's mother was alive and old spock said that Kirk's father lived to see him become captain of the Enterprise. Some parents might not want there kids to watch it, but this is a got-to-see!
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2010

Star Trek

Parent of a 11 year old Written byXxSpockxX May 20, 2010

Awesome

One of the best movies ever. Spock is pretty awesome. And so what if there is a couple in bed WITH UNDERGARMETS on. It's not like a 10 year old hasn't seen two people kiss. But as I said earlier Best Movie Ever!!!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byCBeth December 22, 2009

Great Star Trek Movie!

LOVED IT!!!! As a lifelong ST fan, I think this is one of the best (possibly the best) of the movies. It´s very hard to pull off, resurrecting well-known and well-loved characters, and it really worked. My son enjoyed it, although the plot was a little complicated and it was good to see it on DVD so we could stop and explain things. Didn´t love some of the extended fisticuffs scenes. The "intimate" scene was nothing, lasting a few nanoseconds, and it pretty much went over my kid´s head -- it seems that some parents are making much ado about nothing. It´s generally a good vs evil type plot and perhaps could be used as a jumping off point to talk about similar things that have really happened in the world (probably for somewhat older kids). As for adults -- enjoy1