All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Teen, 14 years old Written bySkywalkergirl15 October 14, 2010

Awesome! But not as good as revenge of the sith.

Really awesome movie but kind of innapropriate because padme and Anakin do some kissing and also a lot of "oh Anakin i love you so much" or "by heart is beating, hoping that this kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul tormenting me" kind of talk. For older kids, It's definitely not as good as revenge of the sith but still good. I would also be a little concerned about violence for the younger ones.
Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 2, 2010

great movie!! i loved it!

i love this movie, because it's about the clone troopers. i would say this movie is not for kids under 12 or 11 years because it has a lot of battle and you see how somebody's head gets cut of.
Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - There is a brief sequence where one of the main characters bloodlessly kills a number of human-like creatures (this is very brief and mostly off-screen). Another main character also becomes wounded after receiving a scratch from a large tiger-like creature and another character is bloodlessly decapitated. A head-but is administered by one of the main characters to another character and there are various battle scenes (one of which includes a main character's hand being cut of by a 'lightsaber') where creatures are killed bloodlessly. A character is shot and killed by a dart (we hear the noise but to do not see the dart). None of these scenes have a major impact and are only mildly intense. Sex/Nudity: None (Although there is an ongoing 'forbidden' relationship between two of the main characters which is only mildly intense in some scenes). Horror: Mild - A character witnesses the death of his mother (she is not killed but is dying from becoming too weary after being captured) but despite being the most emotionally intense thing in the film this is still brief and discreet. The characters are menaced by (and, in the case of one character, hurt by) animal-like creatures in a colosseum. Characters are taken by surprise in a tunnel full of creatures armed with 'laser-beam guns'. A young character mourns his dead father who has been decapitated (he holds his father's head, concealed by a helmet, in his hands). All of these scenes/sequences are either brief or handled with a mild intensity. Language: None. Drugs/Alcohol: Very mild - Someone tries to sell one the main characters "death sticks" (presumably a type of drug) which he declines and advises the seller (through mind-control) to "go home and re-think his life". It is unlikely that this will be of any concern to children. Overall: Mild themes. There are some moderate concepts addressed such as dealing with the loss of a parent which may well lead to questions being asked by more inquisitive children. These are, however, handled briefly and within the context of fantasy. Younger children may also be frightened by the creatures in the colosseum.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2014

attack of the clones

My favorite prequel. This blockbuster is action packed and very entertaining. Some intense scenes but overall mild, this movie is good for young tweens and adults.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ September 13, 2013

My Favorite Star Wars Movie

The second installment of the Star Wars saga is my favorite! The pieces of the puzzles are starting to fall in place. We begin to see the "Darth Vader side" of Anakin Skywalker. War is brewing. Lines are drawn, and the heroes will soon have to pick which side they will follow. POSITIVE MESSAGES Classic good vs. evil. The heroes of the story are willing to fight for what's right; they are brave and loyal. The badguys, on the contrary, are arrogant, power-hungry, and have no regard for life. Although we helplessly watch as Anakin falls... ROLE MODELS Anakin is a recklessly brave young Jedi, torn between following the Jedi rules and falling in love. He has moments of losing his temper, killing an entire village out of rage. As he falls deeper in love, he even decides that he is willing to stoop to lying to keep anyone from knowing. Obi-wan Kenobi, Anakin's mentor, is playing detective, trying to find an assassin. He is brave, although a little more cautious then Anakin. His sarcastic remarks and frequent eye-rolling provide humor to the story. Padme is a strong, smart young woman, always willing to stand up for what's right. VIOLENCE A good deal of action, although never gruesome. Anakin finds his mother after she was captured by Tusken Raiders, and she dies right after he arrives. In rage, Anakin kills the whole village (we don't see very much of it, although he tells Padme about it later). One badguy is decapitated (again, no blood). There are frequent lightsaber duels (Anakin's arm is cut off) and explosions. Another villain is shot with a poisoned dart. SEXUAL CONTENT Anakin and Padme mildly flirt, and kiss a few times. A few outfits are a little revealing. LANGUAGE Honestly, I've seen this movie at least 15 (maybe 20...sad, I know) times and I cannot recall a single use of "hell". One character sounds likes he's using "d--n", but judging by the accent, I think its really supposed to be "them". DRINKING Obi-wan and Anakin go into a bar/club while chasing an-almost assassin. People are seen drinking, but we are provided no clarification as to what those drinks are. A man offers Obi-wan "death sticks", which, again, no clarification as to what they really are. OVERVIEW War is coming. Sides will have to be chosen.
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2012

Women dress in see-through clothes.

Anakin and Obi-Wan enter a bar, and several women are dress in revealing outfits, with breasts visible and vaginas barely covered.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2010

Good movie

Great action movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 28, 2010

Not the best movie in the saga, but good

This movie was good, but not as good as the others. For one thing, the love scenes between Anakin and Padme were too long. I think the scenes should have been shortened a little, since the movie is more about action rather than romance. Also, the acting isn't the best, especially from Hayden. But as the story progresses it gets better, like during the arena battle. Violence: As expected from Star Wars, lots of violence involving blasters, lightsabers, and even some deaths-but no blood (that I recall). Sex: Anakin and Padme start to fall in love and eventually kiss. Padme wears some revealing outfits. Drinking/Drugs: One scene takes place in a bar, but no one's drunk.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

Best movie ever

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!! it's sooooo good. the visual effects are awesome and the action is really fun and not that graphic. the most epic scene is the beginning of the Clone Wars on Geinosis and the arena fight. also on Geinosis. same with the amazing droid factory scene. again on Geinosis. i really like the beginning with Obi-Wan and Anakin chase Zam Wessel through the streets of Coroscant. Anakin also slaughters Tuskin Raiders in a scene but it's not shown
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 20, 2015

Meh, but still OK.

Still good while it lasts...
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Excellent Movie

I love this movie, and I hardly understood it (you can still trust my report). The violence is where Count Dooku cuts Anakin's arm off. That's pretty much it (there are other scenes with a tad of violence). The language is a bit stiff (but not too stiff). Overall an excellent movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 10, 2015

Good Movie!

This isnt the best movie in the saga but its still great, its very political and romance may go over kids heads but its not by any means inappropriate it is aimed at a more mature crowd than The Phantom Menace, but its a fun and great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_masta_snipa February 8, 2015

Prequel to sci-fi epic movie series is OK for kids 12 and up.

This movie is the 2nd prequel to the highly successful Star Wars films. Though this movie may be rated PG, it has doe highly intense scenes that may be disturbing to younger, less-mature viewers. For example, (SPOILER) a young adult goes to his home planet, only to find out that his mother had been abducted by alien creatures. After finding his mother dead, he slaughters the entire clan of creatures in rage. A young man and a young woman are married in secret. A bounty hunter is beheaded during a war on a desert planet. A young man's hand is amputated during a sword fight. There is some minor swearing ("damn", hell"),
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 January 3, 2015

Even worse then Episode 1!

This movie is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Once again, the movie is horribly paced, acted, and written. We are given NO REASON AT ALL TO CARE ABOUT THE CLONES, they are so disposable, it's not very tense when they are in a fight because if one dies, ten more will replace it. This makes the fighting scenes that they are in very boring because you don't care about any of it. And the movie uses WAY TOO MUCH CGI and it looks so clean, the complete opposite of what the sets on the Originals looked like. Do not even think about watching this movie or showing it to your kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 6, 2014

Far impoved sequel is also far darker but much less goofy

My rating: PG-13 for violence,comic sexuality and frightening images
Teen, 14 years old Written byWOLF13 October 23, 2014

THE BEST ONE OF THEM ALL

THE BEST EPISODE OUT OF ALL OF THEM
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 4, 2014

It was OK

Not as good as the first, and a little more violent. The reason I labeled it for sex is because a monster tears out a huge chunk of Padme's clothes. Also includes a very stirring death scene with disturbing results. The reason I marked it for language is for mature phrases, like "your kiss has become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me." Probably OK for older kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 30, 2014

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones movie review

Like many people, I thought George Lucas would learn from his horrendous mistakes from "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace". Instead, he made the prequels even worse. Everyone I know agrees with me in the fact that this is by far the worst "Star Wars" movie. I have no idea how the original and prequels are part of the same universe. This movie lacks something called a good story-line. The romance in the plot was executed horribly. George Lucas doesn't know how to handle romance in movies. Another thing that bothered me was the cinematography of the movie. From shot to shot some, scenes don't make any sense. Also, the transitions are horrible. The worst part of this unfortunate disaster was the acting. The actors were clueless on how to keep people interested. In the end, I hated "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" with all my life. I highly recommend not checking out this catastrophe. Instead, check out the original trilogy. It was way better than this piece of crap.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Scary for under 10s

There are many scary points in this film, including severe abuse of Anakin's mother (she dies in his arms) which is a sad, frightening scene for many children. Also, there are many injuries in a scene including a creature having it's arm amputated (we hear a crunch). Some bad language, minor.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2014

Star Wars

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is one of the OK prequels. There is violence, lightsabers, kicking, punching, Anakin loses his hand, Jango Fett loses his head, but there is no blood in those scenes but there is when Padme gets her back sliced by a creature. The "sexy stuff" is that Anakin and Padme fall in love and eventually get married.