All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Great action, intense mood, but romance may bore kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIAMAWESOME June 15, 2016

WORST. STARWARS. EVER.

This is the worst movie ever of the Star Wars trilogy. Aside from meeting Count Dooku, you are totally free to skip this one. Warning : Hayden Christiansen+ teenager= DANGER!!!!!!
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byDad1000 May 28, 2016

Only just ok Star Wars film

nothing wrong with the movie that's bad for kids just it may bore them at times.
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2016

Attack of the Clones!

This movie is great! There is some kissing and stuff... I think it is one of my favorite star wars films. I think it is a fun,exciting movie. There is a lot of action in an arena where the main characters are attacked by creatures so that is exciting!
Teen, 13 years old Written byedelman100 March 17, 2016

Love the music, heavy romance though

This is quite a good movie, although it has iffy parts. Violence: A bomb goes off the first minutes in the movie, one person dies on camera, Anakin is quite skilled with a lightsaber, many creatures are killed, Anakin beheads someone, he also has his arm cut off, Boba Fett's father dies in a distrurbing way. Sex: Anakin and Padme are in love, they roll around in the grass and lie on top of each other, they also kiss a couple times in the movie, Anakin is shirtless in one scene. Language: A few insults, sometimes in a different language, hell and damn are said a few times. Consumerism: I actually do not get the reason why consumerism is bad, "oh no, I saw a logo, I'm scarred for life" we see logos everyday. Overall, this is an entertaining movie. My rating: PG for some violence, mild language, and mild romance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMahonyj14 March 7, 2016

don't

this movie is truly horrible and no one should ever see it ever it is a disgrace and will ruin Star Wars for any young kids. F you George Lucas F you you only do stuff for money the prequels were made to sell toys you suk George no one likes you. "Romance" if you could call it that sucked hayden christensen and natalie portman had no chemistry dialog was god awful this is seriously a line from the movie “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere" really Lucas my how far have you fallen that quote is up there with "nooooooo" on a terribleness scale.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 January 6, 2016

Pee-yousa!

Star Wars movies are obviously critic proof, but after finishing episodes IV-VII, I decided to FINALLY go back and watch the prequels. "Phantom Menace" was exactly what I expected. I'd heard it was the first of the entire series, and how annoying Jar-Jar was. Well he was, but as usual the internet overhyped how bad it was. It was okay. But this movie. Woof. They got rid of Jar-Jar but they put in the equally offensive Hayden Christensen. HE IS SO BAD IN THIS MOVIE. His chemistry with Natalie Portman IS SO BAD IN THIS MOVIE. I watched this with a Star Wars fan, seeing it for the 4th time, and there was groan after groan of having to hear these two interact, and then awkwardly kiss, and then exchange nonromantic dialogue. This is coupled with the bloated digital effects. This is a Star Wars movie. Why'd no one til Lucas his script was awful? There are great moments with Obi-wan and Django Fett that almost remind you you're in a Star Wars film but...they're so fleeting. It's so boring. It's so bad. It's not Star Wars. It's "Attack of the Senses."
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 October 19, 2015

Honest to god this is a bad movie

This is the worst of the entire franchise, it's basically just the start of the fabled clone wars, it also marks the start of Anakin's plummet to the dark side and I don't know why it's called attack of the clones because they never really attack anybody so you're just watching a completely worthless, disposable clone army fight a worthless, disposable droid army, seriously there's no need to get emotionally involved in any of this crap
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax July 26, 2015
Violence includes someone getting their hand cut off, someone getting slashed by a lightsaber, and (spoilers) Anakin darkly goes into a Tusken Raider camp and murders everyone there. no language. Lots of romance but nothing more than kissing.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2015

Inprovement

Suggested rating: PG-13 for some disturbing sci-fi violence
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2015

WORST MOVIE EVER

This movie is a disgrace to the star wars franchise and so is phantom menance and revenge of the Sith. Don't bother this movie is a CGI filled mess
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 5, 2015

Star Wars has now reached an all time low

For a series that is supposed to be about action and romance, this doesn't have any action with the exception of two scenes. But the romance level is cranked up to 11 and bored the hell out of me
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 20, 2015

Meh, but still OK.

Still good while it lasts...
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 10, 2015

Good Movie!

This isnt the best movie in the saga but its still great, its very political and romance may go over kids heads but its not by any means inappropriate it is aimed at a more mature crowd than The Phantom Menace, but its a fun and great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_masta_snipa February 8, 2015

Prequel to sci-fi epic movie series is OK for kids 12 and up.

This movie is the 2nd prequel to the highly successful Star Wars films. Though this movie may be rated PG, it has doe highly intense scenes that may be disturbing to younger, less-mature viewers. For example, (SPOILER) a young adult goes to his home planet, only to find out that his mother had been abducted by alien creatures. After finding his mother dead, he slaughters the entire clan of creatures in rage. A young man and a young woman are married in secret. A bounty hunter is beheaded during a war on a desert planet. A young man's hand is amputated during a sword fight. There is some minor swearing ("damn", hell"),
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 January 3, 2015

Even worse then Episode 1!

This movie is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Once again, the movie is horribly paced, acted, and written. We are given NO REASON AT ALL TO CARE ABOUT THE CLONES, they are so disposable, it's not very tense when they are in a fight because if one dies, ten more will replace it. This makes the fighting scenes that they are in very boring because you don't care about any of it. And the movie uses WAY TOO MUCH CGI and it looks so clean, the complete opposite of what the sets on the Originals looked like. Do not even think about watching this movie or showing it to your kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byWOLF13 October 23, 2014

THE BEST ONE OF THEM ALL

THE BEST EPISODE OUT OF ALL OF THEM
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 4, 2014

It was OK

Not as good as the first, and a little more violent. The reason I labeled it for sex is because a monster tears out a huge chunk of Padme's clothes. Also includes a very stirring death scene with disturbing results. The reason I marked it for language is for mature phrases, like "your kiss has become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me." Probably OK for older kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 30, 2014

"Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" movie review

Like many people, I thought George Lucas would learn from his horrendous mistakes from "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace". Instead, he made the prequels even worse. Everyone I know agrees with me in the fact that this is by far the worst "Star Wars" movie. I have no idea how the original and prequels are part of the same universe. This movie lacks something called a good story-line. The romance in the plot was executed horribly. George Lucas doesn't know how to handle romance in movies. The screenplay doesn't make any sense and it is just spoon-feeding nonsensical information to the audience. Another thing that bothered me was the cinematography of the movie. From shot to shot some, scenes don't make any sense. Also, the transitions are horrible. The worst part of this unfortunate disaster was the acting. The actors were clueless on how to keep people interested. Ewon McGregor was good and he was the only positive aspect of the movie. In the end, I hated "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" with all my life. I highly recommend not checking out this catastrophe. Instead, check out the original trilogy. It was way better than this piece of crap.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Scary for under 10s

There are many scary points in this film, including severe abuse of Anakin's mother (she dies in his arms) which is a sad, frightening scene for many children. Also, there are many injuries in a scene including a creature having it's arm amputated (we hear a crunch). Some bad language, minor.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2014

Star Wars

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is one of the OK prequels. There is violence, lightsabers, kicking, punching, Anakin loses his hand, Jango Fett loses his head, but there is no blood in those scenes but there is when Padme gets her back sliced by a creature. The "sexy stuff" is that Anakin and Padme fall in love and eventually get married.