All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Great action, intense mood, but romance may bore kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 October 19, 2015

Honest to god this is a bad movie

This is the worst of the entire franchise, it's basically just the start of the fabled clone wars, it also marks the start of Anakin's plummet to the dark side and I don't know why it's called attack of the clones because they never really attack anybody so you're just watching a completely worthless, disposable clone army fight a worthless, disposable droid army, seriously there's no need to get emotionally involved in any of this crap
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax July 26, 2015
Violence includes someone getting their hand cut off, someone getting slashed by a lightsaber, and (spoilers) Anakin darkly goes into a Tusken Raider camp and murders everyone there. no language. Lots of romance but nothing more than kissing.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2015

Inprovement

Suggested rating: PG-13 for some disturbing sci-fi violence
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2015

WORST MOVIE EVER

This movie is a disgrace to the star wars franchise and so is phantom menance and revenge of the Sith. Don't bother this movie is a CGI filled mess
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 5, 2015

Star Wars has now reached an all time low

For a series that is supposed to be about action and romance, this doesn't have any action with the exception of two scenes. But the romance level is cranked up to 11 and bored the hell out of me
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 20, 2015

Meh, but still OK.

Still good while it lasts...
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 10, 2015

Good Movie!

This isnt the best movie in the saga but its still great, its very political and romance may go over kids heads but its not by any means inappropriate it is aimed at a more mature crowd than The Phantom Menace, but its a fun and great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_masta_snipa February 8, 2015

Prequel to sci-fi epic movie series is OK for kids 12 and up.

This movie is the 2nd prequel to the highly successful Star Wars films. Though this movie may be rated PG, it has doe highly intense scenes that may be disturbing to younger, less-mature viewers. For example, (SPOILER) a young adult goes to his home planet, only to find out that his mother had been abducted by alien creatures. After finding his mother dead, he slaughters the entire clan of creatures in rage. A young man and a young woman are married in secret. A bounty hunter is beheaded during a war on a desert planet. A young man's hand is amputated during a sword fight. There is some minor swearing ("damn", hell"),
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 January 3, 2015

Even worse then Episode 1!

This movie is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Once again, the movie is horribly paced, acted, and written. We are given NO REASON AT ALL TO CARE ABOUT THE CLONES, they are so disposable, it's not very tense when they are in a fight because if one dies, ten more will replace it. This makes the fighting scenes that they are in very boring because you don't care about any of it. And the movie uses WAY TOO MUCH CGI and it looks so clean, the complete opposite of what the sets on the Originals looked like. Do not even think about watching this movie or showing it to your kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byWOLF13 October 23, 2014

THE BEST ONE OF THEM ALL

THE BEST EPISODE OUT OF ALL OF THEM
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 4, 2014

It was OK

Not as good as the first, and a little more violent. The reason I labeled it for sex is because a monster tears out a huge chunk of Padme's clothes. Also includes a very stirring death scene with disturbing results. The reason I marked it for language is for mature phrases, like "your kiss has become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me." Probably OK for older kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 30, 2014

"Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" movie review

Like many people, I thought George Lucas would learn from his horrendous mistakes from "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace". Instead, he made the prequels even worse. Everyone I know agrees with me in the fact that this is by far the worst "Star Wars" movie. I have no idea how the original and prequels are part of the same universe. This movie lacks something called a good story-line. The romance in the plot was executed horribly. George Lucas doesn't know how to handle romance in movies. The screenplay doesn't make any sense and it is just spoon-feeding nonsensical information to the audience. Another thing that bothered me was the cinematography of the movie. From shot to shot some, scenes don't make any sense. Also, the transitions are horrible. The worst part of this unfortunate disaster was the acting. The actors were clueless on how to keep people interested. Ewon McGregor was good and he was the only positive aspect of the movie. In the end, I hated "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" with all my life. I highly recommend not checking out this catastrophe. Instead, check out the original trilogy. It was way better than this piece of crap.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Scary for under 10s

There are many scary points in this film, including severe abuse of Anakin's mother (she dies in his arms) which is a sad, frightening scene for many children. Also, there are many injuries in a scene including a creature having it's arm amputated (we hear a crunch). Some bad language, minor.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2014

Star Wars

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is one of the OK prequels. There is violence, lightsabers, kicking, punching, Anakin loses his hand, Jango Fett loses his head, but there is no blood in those scenes but there is when Padme gets her back sliced by a creature. The "sexy stuff" is that Anakin and Padme fall in love and eventually get married.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

not the best of the series but alright

Attack of the clones is the 2nd star wars in chronological order. it has the same scary images. A main character arm gets cut off and murders a tribe of monsters after they murder his mother.
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2014

starreview

There are some people getting their arms cut off. And there is a part were a mom dies and it is emotional and it is a little gruesome and it shows that she's been tortured. if that's ok then is a great move.
Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2014

star wars 2

this star wars has the most action, but at the end there is some kissing
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsraelite October 9, 2013

A bit disappointing

This movie has its good points but overall it was quite disappointing. There are some good action sequences but it focuses on the relationship developing between Amidala and Skywalker. Language: None Sex/Nudity: Characters share several passionate kisses and romantic moments. Amidala's tight suit is torn during an action sequence, exposing her midriff. Positive Role Models: Skywalker is shown as an immature, childish and spoiled young man who constantly complains. Amidala is more of a role model as she is smart, practical, brave and diplomatic. Violence: Exciting speeder chase with some shooting; a character finds his mother just before her death; characters battle vicious creatures in an arena; Jedi and Sith battle each other in various instances. Little blood is shown.
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2013

Best of the prequels

Best of the prequel series, though being a hardcore Star Wars fan, I prefer the original trilogy. The violence isn't so bad, however Shmi Skywalkers death is quite graphic.
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

It showed a womens butt in thhe backround