All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Great action, intense mood, but romance may bore kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 10, 2015

Good Movie!

This isnt the best movie in the saga but its still great, its very political and romance may go over kids heads but its not by any means inappropriate it is aimed at a more mature crowd than The Phantom Menace, but its a fun and great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDa_masta_snipa February 8, 2015

Prequel to sci-fi epic movie series is OK for kids 12 and up.

This movie is the 2nd prequel to the highly successful Star Wars films. Though this movie may be rated PG, it has doe highly intense scenes that may be disturbing to younger, less-mature viewers. For example, (SPOILER) a young adult goes to his home planet, only to find out that his mother had been abducted by alien creatures. After finding his mother dead, he slaughters the entire clan of creatures in rage. A young man and a young woman are married in secret. A bounty hunter is beheaded during a war on a desert planet. A young man's hand is amputated during a sword fight. There is some minor swearing ("damn", hell"),
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 January 3, 2015

Even worse then Episode 1!

This movie is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Once again, the movie is horribly paced, acted, and written. We are given NO REASON AT ALL TO CARE ABOUT THE CLONES, they are so disposable, it's not very tense when they are in a fight because if one dies, ten more will replace it. This makes the fighting scenes that they are in very boring because you don't care about any of it. And the movie uses WAY TOO MUCH CGI and it looks so clean, the complete opposite of what the sets on the Originals looked like. Do not even think about watching this movie or showing it to your kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 6, 2014

Far impoved sequel is also far darker but much less goofy

My rating: PG-13 for violence,comic sexuality and frightening images
Parent of a 13 and 18 year old Written bySuper bryan November 2, 2014

Didn't like the movie as much as the first but still exiting

Movie wasn't great or bad. It was average. It still had dark parts. Anakin gets his arm chopped off. Obi wan is now a Jedi knight. Count dooku joins the dark side. Pad e and anakin get married
Teen, 14 years old Written byWOLF13 October 23, 2014

THE BEST ONE OF THEM ALL

THE BEST EPISODE OUT OF ALL OF THEM
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 4, 2014

It was OK

Not as good as the first, and a little more violent. The reason I labeled it for sex is because a monster tears out a huge chunk of Padme's clothes. Also includes a very stirring death scene with disturbing results. The reason I marked it for language is for mature phrases, like "your kiss has become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me." Probably OK for older kids.
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo October 3, 2014

THIS IS AMAZING!!

Overall, a good movie. There are some intense scenes, and there was quite a bit of romance. Other than that, it's a family-friendly movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 30, 2014

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones movie review

Like many people, I thought George Lucas would learn from his horrendous mistakes from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Instead, he made the prequels even worse. Everyone I know agrees with me in the fact that this is by far the worst Star Wars movie. I have no idea how the original and prequels are part of the same universe. This movie lacks something called a good story-line. The romance in the plot was executed horribly. George Lucas doesn't know how to handle romance in movies. Another thing that bothered me was the cinematography of the movie. From shot to shot some, scenes don't make any sense. Also, the transitions are horrible. The worst part of this unfortunate disaster was the acting. The actors were clueless on how to keep people interested. In the end, I hated Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones with all my life. I highly recommend not checking out this catastrophe. Instead, check out the original trilogy. It was way better than this piece of crap.
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2014

Scary for under 10s

There are many scary points in this film, including severe abuse of Anakin's mother (she dies in his arms) which is a sad, frightening scene for many children. Also, there are many injuries in a scene including a creature having it's arm amputated (we hear a crunch). Some bad language, minor.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2014

Star Wars

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is one of the OK prequels. There is violence, lightsabers, kicking, punching, Anakin loses his hand, Jango Fett loses his head, but there is no blood in those scenes but there is when Padme gets her back sliced by a creature. The "sexy stuff" is that Anakin and Padme fall in love and eventually get married.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

not the best of the series but alright

Attack of the clones is the 2nd star wars in chronological order. it has the same scary images. A main character arm gets cut off and murders a tribe of monsters after they murder his mother.
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2014

starreview

There are some people getting their arms cut off. And there is a part were a mom dies and it is emotional and it is a little gruesome and it shows that she's been tortured. if that's ok then is a great move.
Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2014

star wars 2

this star wars has the most action, but at the end there is some kissing
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2014

attack of the clones

My favorite prequel. This blockbuster is action packed and very entertaining. Some intense scenes but overall mild, this movie is good for young tweens and adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsraelite October 9, 2013

A bit disappointing

This movie has its good points but overall it was quite disappointing. There are some good action sequences but it focuses on the relationship developing between Amidala and Skywalker. Language: None Sex/Nudity: Characters share several passionate kisses and romantic moments. Amidala's tight suit is torn during an action sequence, exposing her midriff. Positive Role Models: Skywalker is shown as an immature, childish and spoiled young man who constantly complains. Amidala is more of a role model as she is smart, practical, brave and diplomatic. Violence: Exciting speeder chase with some shooting; a character finds his mother just before her death; characters battle vicious creatures in an arena; Jedi and Sith battle each other in various instances. Little blood is shown.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ September 13, 2013

My Favorite Star Wars Movie

The second installment of the Star Wars saga is my favorite! The pieces of the puzzles are starting to fall in place. We begin to see the "Darth Vader side" of Anakin Skywalker. War is brewing. Lines are drawn, and the heroes will soon have to pick which side they will follow. POSITIVE MESSAGES Classic good vs. evil. The heroes of the story are willing to fight for what's right; they are brave and loyal. The badguys, on the contrary, are arrogant, power-hungry, and have no regard for life. Although we helplessly watch as Anakin falls... ROLE MODELS Anakin is a recklessly brave young Jedi, torn between following the Jedi rules and falling in love. He has moments of losing his temper, killing an entire village out of rage. As he falls deeper in love, he even decides that he is willing to stoop to lying to keep anyone from knowing. Obi-wan Kenobi, Anakin's mentor, is playing detective, trying to find an assassin. He is brave, although a little more cautious then Anakin. His sarcastic remarks and frequent eye-rolling provide humor to the story. Padme is a strong, smart young woman, always willing to stand up for what's right. VIOLENCE A good deal of action, although never gruesome. Anakin finds his mother after she was captured by Tusken Raiders, and she dies right after he arrives. In rage, Anakin kills the whole village (we don't see very much of it, although he tells Padme about it later). One badguy is decapitated (again, no blood). There are frequent lightsaber duels (Anakin's arm is cut off) and explosions. Another villain is shot with a poisoned dart. SEXUAL CONTENT Anakin and Padme mildly flirt, and kiss a few times. A few outfits are a little revealing. LANGUAGE Honestly, I've seen this movie at least 15 (maybe 20...sad, I know) times and I cannot recall a single use of "hell". One character sounds likes he's using "d--n", but judging by the accent, I think its really supposed to be "them". DRINKING Obi-wan and Anakin go into a bar/club while chasing an-almost assassin. People are seen drinking, but we are provided no clarification as to what those drinks are. A man offers Obi-wan "death sticks", which, again, no clarification as to what they really are. OVERVIEW War is coming. Sides will have to be chosen.
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

It showed a womens butt in thhe backround
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2013

Awesome!

Judging by my screen name, Darth Vader jr, you should be able to tell that I love SW. I don't need to say anything about this film except WATCH IT!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 23, 2012

Romance and action

Lots of action and romance. As a matter of fact, my mother loves both of them. She likes to see Anakin and Padme kiss and see Mace Windu become a badass during the Geonosis Arena battle.