All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Anakin moves to the dark side in moody, graphic sequel.

Adult Written byamheusser April 9, 2008

Are you kidding?!

I can't believe there has been no outrage over the issue of Anakin killing frightened children!!!! The scene was left intentionally vague, but then was clarified several times, just in case you weren't sure. Why not just have him blow up the Jedi temple, without getting specific about who was in there? Otherwise, the good/evil message was a little mixed - it was interesting that they showed atrocities in the name of 'galactic peace.'
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

if you have a kid under 10 that wants to see this, only let them if there a huge star wars fan. its violent, with notstop starfighter battles, lightsaber duels, deaths, injuries and betrayels. it is also sad when all the jedi are muderd (in my opinion)
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011

Wonderful!!!

A great movie! There is lots of fighting. Anakin gets burned severely, showing graphic injury. Sidious gets scarred by lightning. One guy gets an arm cut off, but with no blood. Another man has his hands and head cut off, but still with no blood and it's barely seen. General Greivous may be scary to children, as he's basically a robot with (showing) alien organs. Many are stabbed and shot, including children. A must see for Star Wars fans!
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 July 20, 2010

The Star Wars Finale is great for High Schoolers and up, but may be too violent for younger audiences

Star Wars III is probably George Lucas's greatest Star Wars film ever created. It's the one movie that every SW junky knew the ending to, but still coulnd't believe what they saw. The movie was a bit more violent than the previous SW films. Among noticeable scenes are Mace Windu deflecting lightning from Palpatine, Darth Vader's killing off of the Trade Federation, and his incineration. There is also once scene where Anakin is shown igniting his lightsaber in front of scared Jedi children, although it cuts before it shows any "action." It is merely implied he kills them off. The scene may be too emotionally intense for younger children.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bySteven Matthews August 14, 2009

Too Violent

The scene with Anakin being burned and then some sort of horrible squirming figure left behind is too much for young children.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2011

11 year olds and up only, violent and one horrible scene

I thought this movie was good but there is an awful lot of violence and one horrible scene at the end where Anakin slips down a slope towards some lava and he catches fire, he slowly burns until you can just see a horribly charred corpse. Parents may not want their children to see that scene. Anakin is a bad role model and give negative messages but Obi-Wan is a good role model and gives positive messages. With all the violence I don't think it's worth letting a 10 year old and under watch this movie.
Adult Written byjul29 April 9, 2008

Caution : Violent

This movie was so much more violent than the oth SW movies & the fact that Darth Vadar actually kills children is terrible. Definitely not a movie for children & only children who are a mature 13 & over should see it.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2014

Love it

I lovvvvvvvvve this movie, but very graphic. There is a scene where Anakin looses various limbs, but is a good message and great movie!!!!!!!!DO NOT SHOW TO KIDS UNDER 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 15, 2011

BEST STAR WARS BUT SADDEST

This movie is my favorite star wars, but makes me cry everytime. Probaley not good for the young ones. In this flim many major charcters die/ turn to the dark side. SPOILER ALERT!!! Padme dies in childbirth and it is very sad when anakin turns to the dark side, because he was so cute in number 1. But the movie ends in hope and I suggest to show your kids the orignals after they watch it or else they might have nightmares. It is very sad though.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010

10x more violent than the others.

this movie is not rated PG like the others. its rated PG-13.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 1, 2009

it is violent but 5 and up could probably see it

it rocks but it wasnt one of my favorite movies id give it 4 stars
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2014

the best movie this side of the galaxy

this movie was very good but unless your kid is a big star wars fan it should not be watched by anyone under 12 or 10 at the youngest but it is really cool you should watch it
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

I didn't find it disturbing

I did not find Anakin burning disturbing when I first watched this. I was 6 when I saw this for the first time.
Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Dark and moody, not for little fans

Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

Good Sad and a great ending!

Spoiler Alert!: Anikan is burnt fully in lava, shown, and before hand, chocking his wife padima who is pregnat, causeing her to die during giving birth to her children and is sad and starts and ends the great saga!

One awsome saga!!!!!

This movie is very appropriote for kids 9+!!!!!! And AWSOME ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 29, 2013

Nice movie.

I wouldn't recommend this film to little kids, but I would recommend it to older kids, teens, and adults. This movie has awesome graphics.
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2011

Violent

There's alot of violence and violent images ok I'll admit I watched this when I was five if your kids are mature they can watch it probably
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010

Good but very iffy.

Excellent, but easily a 5 on violence. First off, alot of it is air, land, and lightsaber battles. Second, some droids get killed graphicly, by getting a leg unscrewed so oil comes out, then having the oil catch on fire, or being decapitatied and having limbs cut off. Also, at the end, alien like creatures are hacked up and thier dead bodies are seen on the ground, and even humans are killed violently, one gets his head cut off and it rolls across the floor, one gets his hand cut off, electrocuted, and falls out of a building, and one cyborg gets shot in the heart, and children are killed, and anakin gets one hand cut off, both legs cut off, then catches on fire. Also the langauge. in one seen obi wan says What the- and is cut off, but we all know what he is going to say, obi wan calls genral grevious "uncivilized" and "stupid" is says once, along with mild insults-"short", "young" but are very mild, but directed insultingly.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycaptain greg March 10, 2010

This is a dark version of the popular movie. The motivation for the main character's actions may be too mature or subtle for younger kids. The violent battles can be distrubing. But for older kids and adults, this is a very good movie.