Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Anakin moves to the dark side in moody, graphic sequel.

Adult Written byRobert W. June 22, 2017

Not appropriate for teens. Gruesome fight scene where one of the main characters is melted on a lava pit, before being grafted into a robot skeleton. And same character in his rage murders a room full of children (no blood, but scary just the same).

Adult Written bybutterfly522 April 9, 2008

okay for young ones

I went with my son, who just turned 6 when we saw it. We were invited to see the movie with a group of 6 year old boys. I wanted to see the movie with my son because of all the harsh reviews I heard. Yes, someone loses their head, but it is NOT shown, so little ones don't know what happened. Yes, Anakin is burned, and even I was grossed out (2 out of 10, 10 being scary). But, that's why he gets the black suit that the kids LOVE. My son did not get scared at all. He missed the humor often, because it was over his head. Also, there is a time when they build the storyline and all of the boys got bored, so then they were playing during the movie. If you don't want to deal with that...that is the ONLY reason I wouldn't take a young one.
Adult Written bysimbrat April 9, 2008

I Loved it!

Star Wars Revenge of The Sith was an absolutely awesome movie! We took our two boys, ages 8 and 5, to see it and they loved it too. Of course, it helps that they were introduced to the Star Wars franchise by my husband and I from birth...our oldest son's middle name is Luke for obvious reasons...LOL.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byMandM mama July 14, 2015

Complex Themes

I think this movie is mildly violent but does have complex messages about government and character development that may make it confusing for a younger child, I recommend it for kids 9 and up. Parent's should know that some characters are maimed and or killed but there is no blood and all the death happens off-screen.

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bysllarsen December 18, 2017

Pretty violent

Anakin killing the padawans is too much for little kids in my opinion - too much for me also :(

Adult Written byLowe's man March 31, 2017

a great teaching moment

The Jedis didn't think that Anakin Skywalker was worthy of leadership. Yet Anakin Skywalker was power-hungry. That's why he turned to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader. A great way for parents to teach their children about how power can potentially corrupt. While this movie is more intense than the other Star Wars movies and may be too much for younger fans of the franchise, it isn't anything that 10 year olds haven't already seen. This is a movie they should see.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymark4180 March 13, 2016

Parent of 6 year old girl

Best of the prequels and one of the best of the series. My six year old daughter loved it and wasn't scared. She is a Star Wars fan though and I can see more sensitive children being scared. Out of the seven films it is by far the darkest.
Adult Written byfonzieg April 4, 2015

Surprisingly good prequel is entertaining, and exciting!

This is easily the best of the prequel trilogy, it's intense, it's exciting, and it's fun! The only installment in the prequel trilogy that i can recommend!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 29, 2013

Sad, Emotional, Great

Super Sad. A lot of the Jedi die in this sic-fi fantasy epic adventure...fun for the family, but the little one, not so sure...

Parent of a 11 year old Written bymrs conn April 22, 2011

Adult Written byMi3 February 6, 2011

Parent Written byPlague December 18, 2009

Star Wars Episode lll: Revenge of the Sith

Good movie, not as good as lV and up but still did a great job with the Darth Vader transformation scenes.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byamellowman November 14, 2009

Adult Written byidigress April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybc April 9, 2008
Adult Written byRTNJmama April 9, 2008

I finally understood what happened to Darth Vader

I found out what happened to "the twins".
Adult Written byAstabeth April 9, 2008

Necessary to understand the whole story

This is a must-see to understand the whole story - you won't get as much out of it if you haven't seen the other Star Wars movies. To really help understanding, watch the animated Clone Wars - it explains a lot that happens between Episode II and Episode III. Some violence, and the murder of children makes this not suitable for younger viewers.
Adult Written bynicman04 April 9, 2008
My 8 yr old daughter enjoyed the majority of the movie but felt there was a lot of scary parts. It might be better suited for boys her age. but definitely wait for older children to see it.
Adult Written bysrwilco April 9, 2008
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byagjacobo April 9, 2008

The End to a Saga

I enjoyed how George Lucas was able to tie together Star Wars III and Star Wars IV. There would be differences in technology in them but story line is still entertaining and good.