Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Anakin moves to the dark side in moody, graphic sequel.

Adult Written bybluesbaby April 9, 2008

Great for mature kids!

It's a great movie BUT I would stop and think before taking small kids to this even though they are being marketed to by TV daily. There are tremendous issues in these violent movies that need discussion which may be beyond 8-12 year olds or even young teens. The ever continuing battle of Good vs. Evil, how someone good can slide into the "dark side" as Anakin did, then you have to consider the androids and robots; is it ok to "kill" them but not humans or is it only robots that are inhuman and why? This movie can be a tremendous tool to use in discussions on morality but only if you are willing to take the time and your child can focus on that issue. See it by yourself first and decide BEFORE taking your kids unless they are 27 and take you along to the movies.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

early one morning...

OK - so I'm a big Star Wars fan. I was up this (Thursday) morning with a sold-out crowd wondering why all these people were as crazy as me -- all of us in a movie theater at 1:10am in the monring! sheesh! But, after waiting almost 30 years for this film, we were ready! The story is now complete! Whatever you wanted to know is pretty much answered and the visual effects will not disappoint! PG-13 was a must, due to some fairly grueling attacks by and on many important characters and some fairly frightening things. I'd say watch it once before deciding to take your kids. I have a 5 year old that would love seeing it, but I think we'll wait a while before he gets his chance. For now, I may just get him a "Darth Tater" and hope he uses it to pretend he's in a galaxy far far away.. he'll have plenty of time to see Lucas's galaxy when he's older.
Adult Written byPickledPython April 9, 2008
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

A Darkly Rousing Ride!

REVENGE OF THE SITH had to live up to some pretty high expectations. It has to show one man's spiral down from bravery to satanic evil in 150 minutes. And it concludes the most popular and epic movie saga of all time. The good news: it exceeds all expectations and is one of the best in the series. The bad news: it isn't a family movie, unlike the other films. REVENGE OF THE SITH is definitely not one you'd choose for your kids and you to watch on Friday night. It is dark and violent, and will give youngsters nightmares. Little kids won't understand why Anakin is noble at the beginning and evil at the end. And they won't take kindly to the fact the all of the heroic Jedi from the two other prequels are killed. This is for sure the best prequel, with great acting from McGregor (as Obi-Wan) and a show-stealing performance from Ian McDarmid as Palpatine. Violence is constant. Maimings, decapitations, slittling, shooting, and an intense buring sequence that...well, let's just say it's plain and easy to see where Vader gets those ugly scars. There is no sex, drugs, or language. Even though I don't give specific examples of violence, trust me that no one under 11 should be allowed to see this film. But for those who can see it, it will be a knock-out experience. Highly recommended.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U December 26, 2017

Best Star Wars movie!

One of the best movies of all time!

Adult Written byAlbert K. December 17, 2017

The best

The best episode ever probably the best movie ever created I love it
Adult Written byJean Kristine F. August 28, 2017

Disturbing for young ages

The story is good, too good but there are scenes that are inappropriate and can totally affect and disturb the minds of the young audiences like Anakin killing younglings and the scene where Anakin was burned. The graphic scenes are too violent for the children to handle. But somehow, it shows moral lessons that can be explained to children such as avoid the temptations of evil, do not let it lead you astray from the path of goodness.

Adult Written byDert F. August 17, 2017
I watched Star Wars when I was really young but once I look back at it it's pretty violent

Adult Written byDerekthecleric May 20, 2017

The best prequel and the darkest Star Wars, but still flawed

I think it is pretty universally agreed that this is the best of the prequels. The acting skills of both Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman improved markedly from the last film, and Anakin/Vader, Palpatine, and General Grievous are all far better antagonists than Count Dooku. And not to mention Jar Jar Binks has 0 lines! Ewan McGregor and CGI Yoda really rocked the house in this movie, a perfect finish to the two best prequel characters. At its best, this film is gripping, powerful, and even chilling. Its worst flaws are that it occasionally suffers from corny dialogue and it made Anakin's transition a bit too rapid. Nonetheless, even people who claim to hate the prequels probably cried multiple times during the scenes on Mustafar. Be warned though, just because your kid has watched the other Star Wars movies does not mean that they are ready to see this one; it's surprisingly graphic and disturbing.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byronansuperman December 30, 2016

the end is creepy

the part when anakin burns is creepy
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMeerkat.dog.yo November 22, 2014

Really Awesome!

This is a great movie. Although it is very violent, it sends great messages. One scary part: when Mace Windu attempts to assassinate Chancellor Palpatine. I recommend this movie for ages 12 and up. I thought it was great. It is your choice to decide weather your children can see this or not.

Parent of a 13 and 18+ year old Written bySuper bryan November 2, 2014
Adult Written bycoolkid007 September 5, 2013

definetly fourteen and up

Awesome movie but contains the most restrictive rating for the series: PG-13. Anikan almost kills his wife though not graphically. Lightsabers cauterize wounds so theres no blood until the ending. Anakin is shown on fire and then in an extremely graphic scene of him climbing up a mountain slope tih one hand. It is extremely graphic. The darth vader transformation may disturb little ones as well as big kids. Also there is a matitial bed scene and kissing.

Adult Written bydavidrox January 21, 2013

Woo

very good, i loved it, however know your kid. great script, no language, but LOT's of non stop action, however non bloody, since it is a sci fi movie. the only questionable scene is when Anakan get burned in the lava.

Adult Written byMotherof6 November 9, 2011

Not good at all

Not for kids, very violent and shows how easily govt can be corrupted. Overall not something any kid should see.

Adult Written byMychemicalstinkpants February 5, 2011

anikain is a evil

way too violent

Parent Written byelemenope June 26, 2010

Adult Written byRyan Payne February 8, 2010
It involves the actors Ewan McGregor, Haden Christenson, Samuel L. Jackson; and the actress Natalie Portman. The story was written and directed by Gorge Lucas. I believe that this is the best Star Wars movie of them all. I think this is a Fantastic movie because of the awesome fight scenes. Also the amazing sound effects and wardrobes of the actors. It was the most intense, epic, Star Wars movie of all time. I recommend this movie to everyone who loves action movies.

Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 12, 2009

This movie is dark and violent, it could pass for R!

This movie is amazing, but don't take your eight year old to see it! Maybe a nine of ten year old that is mature.

Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bykit kalen August 23, 2009

Great movie, tame for PG-13

An excellent film, by far the best of the Star Wars prequels. After much pleading on his part, I finally showed it to my then-8-year-old and warned him of the harsher parts. He's since watched it several times (with others of his 8 and 9-year-old friends) and loves it. The two PG-13 parts (Anakin killing the younglings (all done off-screen) and his immolation at the end) should viewed by parents before showing them to kids younger than 11, but for a PG-13 movie, it's pretty tame.