Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Anakin moves to the dark side in moody, graphic sequel.

Parent of a 16 year old Written bycybernetichero March 28, 2009

This time I wouldn't bring real littlies

An important piece of the Star Wars story and the opening is stupendous. Normally I tend of put a lot of faith in the resilience of kids imaginations if you get them to talk about things with you but I would not have taken a kid under 10 to see this movie because even I found the wounds recieved by Annakin cringe making. It's long been part of Star Wars lore (since the 80s or so) that that battle took place and that that is how Darth Vader came to need his suit but it is different to see it so graphically on the screen. Also I was very concerned that Obi Wan, the supposed good guy boes not render assistance after Annakin has been defeated and worse still leaves him for dead. I know that Obi Wan had to exit that scene so that Palpatine could find him and put him in his suit but to just have him abandon his duty of care to his aprentice and walk away was shocking. I would have preferred that forces beyond Obi Wan's control took him away.

Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 21, 2009
A great star wars movie. The violence is just sci fi stuff and nothing to worry about. But i put 12 and up because the movie is a lil creepy itself. The end has a disturbing image of someone burning to death.

Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquick0ne April 9, 2008
Adult Written byoimachi5 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjennbeau April 9, 2008

I wanted more!!

I was relieved to have seen the last and final Star Wars but also sad to know there wont be anymore! My husband was left wanting MORE!!! I feel he tied it all together perfectly and I didn't at all regret taking my 8 year old & 11 year old to see it!! They love the Star Wars movies and I dont think they think beyond lightsabers and wookies!!! May the force be with all of us forever : )
Adult Written byhogweed1 April 9, 2008

It's finally over.

Too violent for kids, too silly for adults. This movie probably harms household pets as well. Stay away.
Adult Written bycfalkie April 9, 2008

More of the same

Episode III was on par with Episodes I and II, great effects and a very exciting movie, but poor dialogue. Although I really enjoyed the movie as a whole, the development of Annikan Skywalker and his transformation into Darth Vader were not clearly expressed
Adult Written bygosni April 9, 2008

I was in awe

The special effects were awsome, I felt like I was a bystander in the movie due to the effects. Lucas was wise as Yoda to wait to do this latest film.
Adult Written byPaulette118 April 9, 2008

So glad I saw this movie!

It was really great to see an action movie that didn't have blood and gore to it. It had love, humor and self sacrifice all in one great movie!
Adult Written byjoeysmom April 9, 2008

The Story is Complete...

This was an excellent movie--George Lucas finally brought just about all of the loose ends together in one fail swoop. All of my questions for the past 20+ years have been answered! Not the best acting in the world, but still a great movie. Not a film, a MOVIE. There were a few parts that were kind of violent, even though Lucas refuses to show any type of blood or gore (thank goodness!). At the end of the movie, it was pretty intense and graphic, as it had to be to portray the change into Darth Vader. Definitely not a movie for the younger set, even if they are huge Star Wars fans. I have to say this movie is only for the 10 and older crowd.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydarthelmo April 9, 2008

The Dark Side, Beware!

This final installment in the STAR WARS saga is also the final step in Anakin Skywalker's path to the Dark Side--and to the birth of Darth Vader. Perhaps Mr. Lucas attempted to tell too much story in too short a timeframe. I found the story (and perhaps because I had seen the original SW trilogy and knew where GL was headed) on screen to be disjointed, hopping around visually like a jumping bean in a frying pan. There are mixed messages about love, loyalty, friendship, good, and evil. Ultimately, this movie sets up the original trilogy (SW IV, V, +VI), permitting Good to triumph over Evil, and Vader to be redeemed as Skywalker. But I wouldn't take a 5-year-old to see it.
Adult Written byslu April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjoey. April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywkboyer April 9, 2008

Great action!

This was a great movie, but not for young children. The action and story were great. Although my 4yr old is not afraid of anything, I would not show him this movie. The violence was intense and it had children being killed (although it wasn't actually shown). It is a great movie for teens and adults.
Adult Written byjennlytle April 9, 2008

loved it, but its a downer at the end

Great movie, its hard not to get swept into the downer part just because its not a happy ending movie- BUT WE ALL KNEW THAT!!
Adult Written bytanw87 April 9, 2008

a dark ride

hey, i just got home from Revenge of the sith and my little brother, who's 10, asked me if he could go see this movie. This gave me pause. He has seen movies of the likes of Happy Gilmore and Ace Ventura, which were all rated PG-13. But something is different about this movie. ROTS is an incredible movie for fans and non-fans alike. But there are more than just moments of passing violence. There are beheadings, burnt flesh, bloody stumps of body parts, and all out warfare. While all those scenes may be somewhat fleeting, it still adds up to an intense experience. But where the issues are is the investment you have in the characters. Two major characters die, one is burnt alive and left in despair. And there are scenes of hundreds of jedi dying. It got to the point where you could actually notice some places in the script that had been edited to avoid an R rating. Obi-Wan refers to Anakin's slaughter of little jedi children as "younglings." While i thought the movie was an incredible display of acting, graphical design, and story telling, it was an epic experience. We all thought that this movie would be borderline PG, PG-13, and Lucas couldn't get the censors to knock it down to PG. But it leaves you with the impression that Lucas did get the rating knocked down after all.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

amazing conclusion

first of all i am a huge star wars fan....so of course i loved this movie it summed the story up very well....but if i was an adult i would take a 11 year old or up.....there r many scenes that even disturbed me like anakin kills inocent children he is badly burned....and just alot more voilence than the other star wars....i still thought it was a fantastic movie
Adult Written byshawn slother April 9, 2008