Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Anakin moves to the dark side in moody, graphic sequel.

Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Good movie but darker than the 5 previous Star Wars

Adult Written byYankeeman242003 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byveggietalefan April 9, 2008

It was not as good as the others

Lucas did a good job fitting the last one in , but I believe that it wasn't was good as the others.
Adult Written bypwwoj April 9, 2008

Worst out of all saga

Two much graphic violence.
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

great!!

Best of all the series, but do not let your smaller children watch it.
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

A must see for every 12 year old

It was one of the best movies I've Ever seen.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Dark ending to an excellent series

Very well done at wrapping up all the loose ends to this long saga. It was a very dark movie as Anakin gives into his evil side but stays true to the Star Wars history of an excellent film in and of itself.
Adult Written byRaquelAshley April 9, 2008

The best one out of all six.

Revenge of the Sith is the most convoluted, dark, and adult of all of the Star wars films, but it was indeed the best. I agree with the PG13 rating. This is far too intense for younger kids. This is really targeted at the teen and adult crowd due to the amount of violence and frightening images. Younger kids who are interested can read the novelization- you get the plot but only see the violence in your head. But an excellent movie for all Star Wars fans.
Parent Written bysoonermike April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydfk1010 April 9, 2008

I love it so much

star wars is a violent movie because people get burned. There is a lot of blood..
Adult Written bysouljaboysucks April 9, 2008
Adult Written byOrhan0813 March 16, 2019

The Best Star Wars Film!

This film is (by an inch) the best Star wars film there is! It fills in a gap that affects all the future films and the cast is as always brilliant. The prequels may be underrated but you just have to watch this film and you'll understand how great they are (well, maybe not Phantom Menace!) The music is amazing and it features General Grievous who is the best villain in the prequels! The violence is moderate and the most disturbing part is at the end where there's well... A bit of fire! There is no language and no sexual scenes in the film. However expect sadness as many characters from the prequels are tragically killed off.
Adult Written byPatrick M. February 15, 2019

I love it

This is personally my favorite Star Wars movie and I watched it in theaters when I was 5 so to all of you saying it's too emotionally intense and frightening for kids you don't know what your talking about
Adult Written byLiberalsarecancerous January 13, 2019

Rated PG-13 for a reason

A lot of people fail to understand the fact that this movie, unlike the others sets a very harsh and dark tone necessary for the plot which is exactly why it is rated PG-13 for a REASON. For those overprotective parents who are used to the childish fantasy story of the originals, this movie is not for you. Many also don't seem to understand this is literally a prequel so of course it has a few predictable plot points like Anakin destroying the jedi order leading to him becoming Darth Vader... The same people are also whining about how violent it is compared to the rest of the films, which is absolutely ridiculous considering that is the entire point of the story in the first place. It's not supposed to be a happy ending fairy tale like the originals, this the emotionally devastating truth that defines how Darth Vader became who he is in the series. Which is exactly what makes it the BEST MOVIE IN THE ENTIRE SERIES BY FAR. The acting is absolutely superb and makes you feel for each character like you know them personally. This movie does such an excellent job at capturing emotion like no other, not to mention every scene is unique and interesting. I watched this movie when I was 5 years old and I can still say it is one of if not my favorite movies of all time. It's storytelling is phenomenal and you won't find anything even close to this in the originals. If you are concerned about your child watching it, I would only suggest allowing them if they are a big Star Wars fan like I was. The movie is rather intense but it's what makes it the best in the series. So to all the overprotective parents who can't handle a real cinema that is meant to captivate strong emotions, quit bashing the story just because you don't think your 5 year old can handle it. IT IS RATED PG-13 FOR A REASON... Anyone who actually enjoys quality films that aren't rated G like Finding Nemo will certainly appreciate how excellent the storytelling is.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byUeet January 4, 2019

Watching it since I can remember

Awesome there is a bad scene at the end of it No swearing Sex, ani and padme sleep together and she has a baby at the end and she talks about pregnancy and ani has dreams of her dying whilst it happens

Parent of a 10 year old Written byKidcritic.com December 5, 2018

Honestly, this is probably the most graphic in the series! But fine for tweens

This film is pretty good! It's the best out of the prequal trilogy! Although this might be the most graphic in the series. MAYBE. There are defenitly some very upsetting points. Like the last still some sensual stuff, but not bad. But one of the most upsetting points is a person kills INNOCENT young children! But it's fine for tweens. My MPAA rating is: PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action violence, some frightening and bloody images, and for some peril and sensuality. So best in the prequal trilogy, but not in the whole series. Also MAYBE the most graphic in the series. But it's fine for tweens 11+ to watch this good, 3 1/2 star, sci-fi film! Hope this helps!

Adult Written byTheyCallMeMrGlass September 25, 2018

Best prequel

Is the best of all of the prequels and I watch it as a fan and a joke