All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

if you have a kid under 10 that wants to see this, only let them if there a huge star wars fan. its violent, with notstop starfighter battles, lightsaber duels, deaths, injuries and betrayels. it is also sad when all the jedi are muderd (in my opinion)
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011

Wonderful!!!

A great movie! There is lots of fighting. Anakin gets burned severely, showing graphic injury. Sidious gets scarred by lightning. One guy gets an arm cut off, but with no blood. Another man has his hands and head cut off, but still with no blood and it's barely seen. General Greivous may be scary to children, as he's basically a robot with (showing) alien organs. Many are stabbed and shot, including children. A must see for Star Wars fans!
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2011

11 year olds and up only, violent and one horrible scene

I thought this movie was good but there is an awful lot of violence and one horrible scene at the end where Anakin slips down a slope towards some lava and he catches fire, he slowly burns until you can just see a horribly charred corpse. Parents may not want their children to see that scene. Anakin is a bad role model and give negative messages but Obi-Wan is a good role model and gives positive messages. With all the violence I don't think it's worth letting a 10 year old and under watch this movie.
Kid, 10 years old March 15, 2011

BEST STAR WARS BUT SADDEST

This movie is my favorite star wars, but makes me cry everytime. Probaley not good for the young ones. In this flim many major charcters die/ turn to the dark side. SPOILER ALERT!!! Padme dies in childbirth and it is very sad when anakin turns to the dark side, because he was so cute in number 1. But the movie ends in hope and I suggest to show your kids the orignals after they watch it or else they might have nightmares. It is very sad though.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

Good Sad and a great ending!

Spoiler Alert!: Anikan is burnt fully in lava, shown, and before hand, chocking his wife padima who is pregnat, causeing her to die during giving birth to her children and is sad and starts and ends the great saga!

One awsome saga!!!!!

This movie is very appropriote for kids 9+!!!!!! And AWSOME ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 29, 2013

Nice movie.

I wouldn't recommend this film to little kids, but I would recommend it to older kids, teens, and adults. This movie has awesome graphics.
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010

Good but very iffy.

Excellent, but easily a 5 on violence. First off, alot of it is air, land, and lightsaber battles. Second, some droids get killed graphicly, by getting a leg unscrewed so oil comes out, then having the oil catch on fire, or being decapitatied and having limbs cut off. Also, at the end, alien like creatures are hacked up and thier dead bodies are seen on the ground, and even humans are killed violently, one gets his head cut off and it rolls across the floor, one gets his hand cut off, electrocuted, and falls out of a building, and one cyborg gets shot in the heart, and children are killed, and anakin gets one hand cut off, both legs cut off, then catches on fire. Also the langauge. in one seen obi wan says What the- and is cut off, but we all know what he is going to say, obi wan calls genral grevious "uncivilized" and "stupid" is says once, along with mild insults-"short", "young" but are very mild, but directed insultingly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Best STAR WARS movie yet!!

In my opinion this was the best STAR WARS ever!! the others aren't nearly as good. For me I had no problem but Anakin burning up was pretty gross. I felt sorry for Anakin, losing an arm then some years later losing the other arm and his legs. Anakin was violent when he turned to the dark-side. But Anakin thought what he was doing was right, the Jedi were doing things differentaly so he decided to join the Dark-side. Also for the love of his wife. This movie shows that people around you make a difference. If someone had sat next to Anakin and explained it all he woul've been good. I own the DVD, This movie is fine for anyone who's used to PG-13 violence, not a good movie for a kid's first PG-13 though.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2013

BEST OF THE PREQUELS

this movie is the best of the star wars prequels. it has less boring political talk and more awesome action, but this one is more darker than the oringinals and the other two prequels. characters limbs get cut off and count dooku gets dicapitated, anakin is left with only his arm left and is burning in lava. there are also some sad scenes such as order 66 where all the jedi are getting killed by their clone troopers and a room full of children get killed which may be disturbing to little kids. anyway this movie is better than the other 2 prequels but not as good as the originals
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2013

Great film!...but scary

The third episode in the star wars prequel trilogy was probably the best film in the whole saga! The film is rated 12A (DVD is a 12) and I can see why. When Obi-wan fights General Greivous you see the cyborg's guts and he gets set on fire. Mace Windu fights Palpatine and the fight is scary because Palpatine changes form. When inside the jedi temple, Anakin kills the younglings with no mercy, and yoda chops the head off a clone! But the scariest part of the film is when Anakin falls into lava and gets almost fatally burnt! The film is great, but I really advise you, if your under ten LOOK AWAY WHEN ANAKIN GETS BURNT!
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2011

great film

This was the best star wars film and most violent one.And that is good because that makes it exiting and better.
Kid, 10 years old April 19, 2011

Anikan goes to bed with his shirt off, padma and anikan kiss all the time, there is a lot of sad killings with the clones, the younglings die ( and showed dead), and a lot of others.
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2011

Violent

There's alot of violence and violent images ok I'll admit I watched this when I was five if your kids are mature they can watch it probably
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2010

It's a wonderful movie, just be careful with little kids!

If your kids have seen all the Star Wars episodes, they'll probably like it. It does have some intense images, so be prepared. I know the first time I saw it I cryed, because I really liked Anakin, so if your kids get upset, let them watch episode 6 (Return of The Jedi), show them how Anakin loved his son so much that he killed his master (the Evil Emperor), and that he turned good again. Love this movie! My least favorite part is when Anakin slaughters little children (it does not show it on the screen, but you know what happened).
Teen, 13 years old Written byNatasha2 April 9, 2008

The best of the Star Wars saga.

This movie was very good, and emotionally very hard. It is mostly about why Anakin turns to the Dark Side. I cried when he got burned up in a lightsaber duel with Obi Wan Kenobi. Master Windu was very good and so was Yoda. This movie was full of blood and very gory. It was hard to believe that such a good Jedi turned into an Evil Sith. Palpatine was very good and convincingly evil. I recommend this movie to every Star Wars fan, you will not be disappointed!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bymackie89 April 9, 2008

Emotional

I woulden't let the average 4 year old watch it (if they don't watch action and horror movies already), but I would let and 6 year old watch it. There isn't any blood so it isn't as gory as if it were a sword when Anakin's limbs are cut off.

THE BEST STAR WARS MOVIE

VIOLENT DISTURBING BUT NO LANGUAGE OR SEX AWSOME MOVIE
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2015

Good Movie!

Good movie but it does have quit a bit of violence in it. It is one of my favorite star wars movie and it has good graphics.