All parent member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Adult Written bybaleighsdad April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

begining af anb awsome seiries

COOL
Parent of a 17 year old Written bydtsa78cfgs9rovw September 18, 2011

this and episode three are the only ones worth watching.......

this was a great sci-fi flick. other than some uses of dam and hell, some drinking at a cantina, some sci-fi violence including blaster fights,and lightsaber duels, and a rather tragic scene were luke finds his aunt and uncles burning carcases, this movie is appropriate for ages 5 and up, great film but skip the sequels they suck.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

One of the best

Educator Written byilanabit April 9, 2008

Parent of a 2 year old Written byNK17 February 9, 2013

astonishing movie

never gets old, i think there are great role models in this movie, there is alot of sci-fi violence SW is notorious for that, and the have more cussing than in the others (d--n and h--l were very regular conversation back then) Han is kindof a sexual joke offender but nothing too far, anyway the sequels i think are way better than the prequels, in 2015 I will still watch VII, I just do not expect it to be as good as this...
Parent Written by@@@ December 15, 2011

Better than ALL modern action films. ALL of them.

I don't think that I have seen, or ever will see again, an action movie of this quality. These days, the genre is more aptly named the "boredom" genre. Back in the 70's, films had real plots, not just relentless action sequences.
Adult Written bybaba 1 May 13, 2012

A New Hope

It's okay. It's not my favourite star wars movie but Luke learns to keep on trying, look down deep into himself and never giveup.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byamhobbs June 18, 2014

A bit scary for younger kids.

Maybe we've sheltered our kids (all girls that recently turned 9,7,5) from scary movies and violence but this was well beyond any movie we've shown them with regards to violence. Yet the age rating on this movie was a 7, the same as much milder animated films we've shown them recently. I was eager to show them the movie as it is one of my favorites but was concerned about the suspense and violence. They handled it ok, but they definitely had some anxiety through the movie and we constantly had to remind them it would be ok and soften the more intense scenes to them by explaining things to them. I know friends and family that have allowed their kids to watch this and other similar movies at a younger age. Maybe our girls are just different or we shielded them to much. Anyway, we will see if we have a bed full of kids tonight! ;o)
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySternAndFair February 24, 2014

The Movie Who May Be of Great for The Child But To the Adult is A Tiring Sort

A space shuttle as it travels, a good looking man by the name of Hand, the young Sky Walk. This film, though it is as remains poor for the grown-ups in your heart, shall be known as the most of popular scientific studies stories and legends. The ground breaks and the stunning realism is to die for, but the sexy Princess makes me wonder, "Should my child not see?" It is not unlikely. The truth is, the wonder makers of the film told the viewer to question, "Is science the truth? Laser swords? A flying machine?" And to wonder, "Is the future?" Too scary and always much too violent to allow for the children to view today.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byTarmik November 3, 2013

Cut off arm with blood - is not suitable for children 7 years old

Movie is good, but review - child suitability is not correct. Cut off arm with blood - is not suitable for children 7 years old. I propose to adjust this to 9-10 years old.
Parent Written byrolandobabel June 14, 2013

Star wars movie with lowest age restriction

First star wars children should see. It has least violence in it.
Adult Written bycritic sense November 4, 2012

Recommended Rating: 8+ for mild sci-fi violence and language

A classic sci-fi/fantasy film that has some action sequences and mild violence (including someone's arm getting cut off, and burned skeletons). The few violent scenes are brief and usually contain fantasy elements. Many people are shot in the film, but there are no visible wounds. There are a few instances of mild language, all brief.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Classic Film for All!

Star Wars is brilliant! It's a classic for all! It was released in 1977 and was a breakthrough in visual effects. It also inspired several filmmakers like James Cameron and Peter Jackson to make their legendary films (Titanic and The Lord of the Rings). Sex and drugs aren't an issue in this film. There is one d**n and one hell. The violence is frequent but mild: people fight with lightsabers (lazer swords) and shoot ray guns. People are shot, but they just fall over (no blood or gore). This all may sound pretty hokey, but watch it and you'll be sucked in. This was the first Star Wars film made, but is number 4 in a series of 6. Watch them all!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byResponsibleParent April 9, 2008