All parent member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Parent of a 11 year old Written bySternAndFair February 24, 2014

The Movie Who May Be of Great for The Child But To the Adult is A Tiring Sort

A space shuttle as it travels, a good looking man by the name of Hand, the young Sky Walk. This film, though it is as remains poor for the grown-ups in your heart, shall be known as the most of popular scientific studies stories and legends. The ground breaks and the stunning realism is to die for, but the sexy Princess makes me wonder, "Should my child not see?" It is not unlikely. The truth is, the wonder makers of the film told the viewer to question, "Is science the truth? Laser swords? A flying machine?" And to wonder, "Is the future?" Too scary and always much too violent to allow for the children to view today.
Parent Written by@@@ December 15, 2011

Better than ALL modern action films. ALL of them.

I don't think that I have seen, or ever will see again, an action movie of this quality. These days, the genre is more aptly named the "boredom" genre. Back in the 70's, films had real plots, not just relentless action sequences.
Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

The best of them all!!

BUT!!! I heard a bad word :( it was "hell!"
Adult Written byPup M. December 2, 2016

I love it

Love this movie. I remember seeing when I was young. Not too much violence, gore, or anything on the lines of that. The only thing I do not remember are the uses of h word or d word and crap every once in a while. Aside from that good message and some good role models.
Parent of a 7, 9, 17, and 18+ year old Written bymich3g October 14, 2016
Parent Written byElliott and Gwen April 26, 2016

The best one to start watching with your kids.

My husband was so excited to introduce these films to our son who already loved the characters. Okay to watch with your kids and cover there eyes at moments. It was long and at times slow but still a fun experience. No nightmares whatsoever. We watched with our 5 year old and our 3 year old (who lost interest multiple times).
Parent of a 8, 12, and 16 year old Written bylauradavis723@m... January 25, 2016

A movie for a 8 year old

I'm 8 years old and A New Hope not gory. If your not scared of fighting and stuff watch it. It's a great starter action movie
Adult Written byKevin H January 15, 2016

Star Wars The Lazer Sword Movie

Star Wars everyone loves it! This awesome movie with Lazers and glowing sword and lifting objects with the force. Luke skywalker the farm kid who just wants to be a pilot,but instead he became a Jedi and a fighter pilot with a Lazers sword. Han Solo a sumlger that drops his cargo at the first sight of a ship. Princess Leia the princess that puts you into a garbage,then from all of that is the big hairy fuzzball chebacha who hates handcuffs and losing at chess (whatever that is). Their world view is that the force is God and it is always their. It's is not a very violence with one part of blood in it, the age should 6+ years old. It is a very good movie and I hope you enjoy!!!!
Parent Written byLizzie8082 August 5, 2015
Parent Written byTheDarkKnightFalls May 9, 2015

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Star Wars is a 1977 science-fiction film set a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... This may be a bit too dated for Star Wars fans, but definitely a great film to introduce kids to Sci-Fi. This film is the usual film length, (2hrs) so kids will have no problem with the film what-so-ever. My Classification: PG - Stylised Violence
Adult Written byLowe's man April 12, 2015

Has just the right balance.

You're right that this movie is "balanced". Even the violence is tame and brief, especially when compared to what gets released today. Even the characters are role models. The good guys, that is. Obi-Wan is a great teacher and great surrogate father to young Luke. Luke is only too eager to learn the ways of a Jedi Knight. Both steer the droids away from the path of destruction and teach them the "right" way. Even Princess Leia doesn't see her "status" as a justification for special treatment. In fact, she neither asks for nor gets it. She just acts like a normal person. As for The Force itself, some will see it as signifying a higher power, while others will see it as a complete made-up and fun fantasy. A classic must-see for school-age children.
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo November 22, 2014

good.

I love this movie, but there is one scene in a cantina, which may scare younger viewers.
Parent of a 2, 6, 8, and 8 year old Written byFowlerFan September 3, 2014

Still a classic

On the whole, I think this movie is fine for kids 7-8. The language is okay, no worse than, say, Shrek. There were only two scenes that I thought were a little iffy ... in the bar where the one patron's arm got cut off. The other was when Luke's Aunt/Uncle were killed. In the scene showing their house, you could see their burnt bodies in the foreground. Not sure if every kid will pick up on that, but they were definitely there.
Adult Written byFilm Fan May 5, 2014

True Essential Filmmaking! Worthy for Everyone Who Considers Themselves a Fan of Cinema!

If you ask me what is single-handedly the greatest movie ever made, then I answer with Star Wars. Newcomers, don't be fooled by Episode 4. This is the first Star Wars film made, and is the original classic. Directed by George Lucas, the film tells the ultimate adventure story, about an ordinary farm boy who leads a rebellion to destroy the Evil Galactic Empire, and no matter how many times you watch it, that same feeling of awe always comes out. The story is epic, Lucas' passion for creating his universe works brilliantly, and some of the most famous movie characters of all-time (Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, etc.) are featured in this excellent movie. But is it appropriate for young children? CONTENT: Violence- Mostly loud, gun shots at the Stormtroopers and some epic explosions. Not as elaborate or super intense as modern violence. With that said, there's still scenes that could scare some kids, such as some emotional death scenes. Sex- none, just a small "good-luck" kiss Language- Han Solo says a couple of naughty words, but it can go over younger kids heads (not like it's the f-word or anything like that). FINAL RESULT- Good for anyone over the age of 5, but parental supervision is recommended for anyone younger than 8. It's the best one to start out with for newcomers, not Episode 1, as things such as The Force and Jedi Knights are better explained in this outing. It also makes a good introduction to the sci-fi genre. With great storytelling, great characters, and great action, Star Wars gets my highest recommendation.
Parent Written byConcernedCatholicMom April 12, 2014

IGN

3/5: A masterpiece + Masterpiece +Amazing +We Like It -IGN
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNK17 February 9, 2013

astonishing movie

never gets old, i think there are great role models in this movie, there is alot of sci-fi violence SW is notorious for that, and the have more cussing than in the others (d--n and h--l were very regular conversation back then) Han is kindof a sexual joke offender but nothing too far, anyway the sequels i think are way better than the prequels, in 2015 I will still watch VII, I just do not expect it to be as good as this...
Adult Written bybaba 1 May 13, 2012

A New Hope

It's okay. It's not my favourite star wars movie but Luke learns to keep on trying, look down deep into himself and never giveup.
Adult Written byMi3 February 6, 2011
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byardrummo November 11, 2010

Great for all, only sci-fi violence

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010