All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Sci-fi action classic perfect for sharing with kids.

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byH.E.Pennypacker March 29, 2011
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011

There is a few cuss words like h-ll and d--n.
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2010

good but watch out for the violence

It is pretty good. The only violence that concerned me was the part where a aliens limb is choped off (blood is shown). The first time i heard a bad word I thought I was just thinking that i was hearing thing, but after a few more I was surprised. The language includes he** d**m and there might have been more.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byKefi306 January 12, 2010

Perfect for those who want adventure in space!

Love it! My children can watch this movie over and over. They have momorized every line from it. It is so addicting, you can't get enough, so you will buy all 6 movies to get your fill.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

begining af anb awsome seiries

COOL
Teen, 13 years old Written byhtriplett@icloud.com June 19, 2015

This movie is my favorite of all 6. Luke is exactly like me in looks, desire and trust. While Han becomes a great, like able guy in the end. With a hilarious pairing of C-3PO and R2-D2. It has exciting action(you be on the edge of your seat the whole time! WATCH IT!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfoxmalmage13 June 11, 2015

Classic, but can be frightning and a little disturbing.

A lot of gun violence and the body count is huge. Darth vader blows an entire planet and their is implied torcher.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan June 2, 2015

Star Wars movie review

"Star Wars" is arguably the most influential movie of all time. It's a movie that changed the fate cinema forever. Does "Star Wars" live up to the hype? Absolutely!! This movie is phenomenal. In 1977, people did not see anything like it before. To see this in 1977 is amazing. The movie has a great story. For an adventure film, it does everything right. It has a story that leads to adventure. Very rarely is there any time for the characters to breathe. The audience is constantly on the edge of their seats. It is such a fun movie to watch. The action and special effects make the story better. The final act of the movie is brilliant. The scenes in the Death Star are just so nerve-racking and so riveting. The scenery and production design is terrific. It's just terrific to look at. The cinematography in "Star Wars" is legendary. The transitions are excellent and awesome. One of my all-time favorite scenes in movie history is when Luke is upset with his family and then he goes outside and the binary sunset occurs. It's just a spectacular and sensational scene that was just pure beautiful. The characters make "Star Wars" memorable. Luke Skywalker played by Mark Hamill was very interesting. In the beginning, he was a whiny boy who throughout the trilogy matures into a great Jedi Knight. Alec Guinness plays Obi-Wan Kenobi, a former Jedi Knight who was put to exile after the death of Luke's father. Obi-Wan is a wise man as he tells Luke what the force really is. That scene when Luke meets Obi-Wan and he tells him about the force and Darth Vader was so emotional. Also, he has some thought-provoking lines such as "Who's the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" Now I'm going to talk about Darth Vader. This "man" is an evil soul. As Obi-Wan says Darth Vader killed Luke's father, Anakin and he also killed other Jedi Knights. Darth Vader is so menacing and the only villain scarier ever is the Joker from "The Dark Knight". Darth Vader has such a commanding presence and a commanding voice. No one on the face of this Earth wants to face him. Han Solo is my favorite character in the entire "Star Wars" saga. He is such a cool, suave character with great one-liners. Chewbacca and Princess Leia are both great, but they are more relevant in the next movie. The reason why I like "Star Wars" so much is because it expands our imagination. It is such a creative story and setting. Also the theme of having faith and what the force is is perfect. The ending when a surprising character comes to the rescue is just so cool. "Star Wars" is easily one of my all-time favorite movies. I think if you have not seen it, you absolutely should. It is a very creative and excellent movie and the one that changed cinema the most. As a young child, I liked this original "Star Wars" the most of the series because of the fun and adventurous story. Now I wouldn't say that. To me, the saga gets better and reaches its prime with "The Empire Strikes Back".
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox May 29, 2015

Star Wars

A classic! Some sci-fi violence and action. Stormtroopers get killed, one lightsaber duel, a stormtrooper falls to his death... Also a little language always mild though, hell, damn. Some kissing nothing explicit... IFFY for 5 and under
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2015

Parent Written byTheDarkKnightFalls May 9, 2015

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Star Wars is a 1977 science-fiction film set a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... This may be a bit too dated for Star Wars fans, but definitely a great film to introduce kids to Sci-Fi. This film is the usual film length, (2hrs) so kids will have no problem with the film what-so-ever. My Classification: PG - Stylised Violence
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 2, 2015

The common sense media summarizers are too picky

Guys and gals this movie is amazing. The minor cusses are not going to convert your child into a laid back bad*ss smuggler like Han Solo. It will however convert him or her into a Star Wars lovin' nerd
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 20, 2015

A cinematic masterpiece.

One of the best sci-fi films of all time. Hamill, Ford, and Fisher were excellent in their roles.
Adult Written byLowe's man April 12, 2015

Has just the right balance.

You're right that this movie is "balanced". Even the violence is tame and brief, especially when compared to what gets released today. Even the characters are role models. The good guys, that is. Obi-Wan is a great teacher and great surrogate father to young Luke. Luke is only too eager to learn the ways of a Jedi Knight. Both steer the droids away from the path of destruction and teach them the "right" way. Even Princess Leia doesn't see her "status" as a justification for special treatment. In fact, she neither asks for nor gets it. She just acts like a normal person. As for The Force itself, some will see it as signifying a higher power, while others will see it as a complete made-up and fun fantasy. A classic must-see for school-age children.
Adult Written byfonzieg April 4, 2015

A fun adventure for the entire family, it filmmaking GOLD!

It's full of exciting space battles, fun and interesting characters, and the villain is awesome! Kids will love it, and adults who saw it as a kid will still love it!
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Appropriately Similar to Episode II

The only reasons I'm rating this episode 9+ is because of the language and peril. This is one of the best movies ever.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStarWarsWhovian March 4, 2015

Fantastic Movie

This movie is really good. Mild cursing, violence is mild and the only physical contact is kissing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 24, 2015

Classic Star Wars

This is the oldest movie in the Star Wars saga, this is an epic story of action and romance. This isn't as political as the prequels. There is one death in the film but no blood. This isn't a scary movie, However Darth Vader may frighten "preschool aged" kids. Luke Skywalker and Han Solo are good role models. This is a very classic movie, and a extremely good one.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams February 15, 2015

Perfect Star Wars movie.

This was one of the best Star Wars movies ever. Everything was great from the action to the graphics. If you're a Star Wars fan like me, I highly recommend Star wars Episode IV: The New Hope.