All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Sci-fi action classic perfect for sharing with kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written by224luke March 29, 2013

Awesome

I think this is a great movie I didn't mean to press sex, but it is volient.
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2013

One of the Most Groundbreaking Sci Fi Movies of All Time

This is one of the most groundbreaking sci fi movies ever. It caused a sensation when it came out. There's some violence, and that's the only thing that's an issue. There's also some scenes that might be scary for little kids. There's also good messages and role models.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2013

Good for All Ages

Good movie - the characters are strong and caring, it's not too violent, and nothing more than a kiss is seen. Anyone should be able to watch it.
Adult Written bycritic sense November 4, 2012

Recommended Rating: 8+ for mild sci-fi violence and language

A classic sci-fi/fantasy film that has some action sequences and mild violence (including someone's arm getting cut off, and burned skeletons). The few violent scenes are brief and usually contain fantasy elements. Many people are shot in the film, but there are no visible wounds. There are a few instances of mild language, all brief.
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2012

So-so movie; alert of a bloodily violent scene and consumerism; I might re-consider.

I have all of the 6 movies on DVD, and I have only seen this one completely. I only saw half of The Phantom Menace, when I found out I then needed English subtitles (if available) to understand the movie. This was so-so. I should watch it again, and, reconsider. It was about Luke Skywalker, who had two robots, R2D2, and, C3P0, who lead him to this smuggler Han Solo (played by a cool, spitting image of Indiana Jones, Harrison Ford). The adventure starts from there. Now, violence. The violence is not suitable for children under 11, due to a creature's arm, all severed off, with it's bone stump and everything. Lots, and, lots, and, lots, of, blood, in that scene. Very gruesome. Mostly, OK, for over 9s. Off for 8s and under. Consumerism, is: Lunchboxes. Novelisations. Probably ?Coca-Cola?. 20th Century Fox., Lucasfilm LTD., THX., Dolby Digital., Videogames. The LEGO Treatment. The Soundtracks. Some TV Specials. Numerous, countless, animated TV series by animated TV series. More TV series. A spin-off "Clone Wars" movie. The MPAA. A spin-off "Clone Wars" TV series, currently, very popular. So-so movie overall. MoviesAreAwesome.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2012

One of The Greatest Sci-Fi Films Ever Made. Changed Movie-Making Forever!

Star Wars is the biggest science fiction/fantasy franchise in history, and in my opinion, it certainly deserves it. With the insane special effects, iconic characters, and ability to reach and be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of race, age, or religion, these films have inspired countless kids (Including me!) to want to work in the film business. All of these films are amazing, (Minus Phantom Menace, which was good, not great.) and Episode lV: A New Hope is no exception. The characters are simple but not one-dimensional, and the action is fun and engaging. And though this film is not as violent as many modern action films, there is some stuff to watch out for when viewing it with younger children. In the cantina scene, an alien starts a fight, and gets his arm cut off with a lightsaber. You then see the arm on the ground with some blood. Besides that scene, the only violence is pretty cartoony and there's no blood to speak of. Besides that and some minor curse words like h-ll and d-mn, this is the perfect film to watch with young sci-fi/action fans.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAustinandally12 July 6, 2012

The BEST MOVIE I EVER SAW!!!

This is an adventurios Movie iam a Star Wars Freak
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

Best Science Fiction Adventure

The best Science Fiction fairytale of all time. Appriopriate for young kids.
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2012

STAR WARS 4

first installment of sci-fi fad left me obsessed with Star Wars for 3 years.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 8, 2012

Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope Review

Kid, 9 years old May 29, 2012

GOOD!

OK Now So This Is A Good Movie But There Is TERIBBLE Language! One S---. So Yeah Pretty Good
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdam K May 28, 2012

Excellent Classic

Kids everywhere love it. It is a milestone of American cinema.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2012

Awesome!

This movie is terrific! Plenty of action, good story, and great acting. Spectacular!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 25, 2012

An amazing and inspirational sci-fi adventure

This is a fantastic sci-fi classic that served as the pinnacle of sci-fi films. It is my favorite film in the whole Star Wars trilogy, and I especially loved it because of the fantastic art direction seen while the gang was infiltrating the Death Star. It has some violence and language, but young kids and parents will love it nonetheless. It might have some questions that aren't answered until the second film, but it is still thrilling, inspirational and will stay with you for all eternity.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 17, 2012

The first and the best

One of my favorite movies. Good for all ages and I am sure your younger viewers will love.
Kid, 8 years old March 16, 2012

Gorey,bloody,but good

Really good and scary.But people are force chocked to death and many people are killed in various ways.Obi-Wan has his head chopped off and his left hand.In the cantina scene,people are killed.Han nearly gets aten by a monster.And plenty of swearing! Bye!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire February 25, 2012

good for tweens

First of all this is a good movie for kids more in the tween years. There is some violence with lightsabers going through people. People have obvious crushes on other people as well. There are also some mild swearing. At the beginning some characters go to a bar where there is a lot of drinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 February 11, 2012

Great Family Movie

ThIS MOVIE iS AMAZING! I really do't see a problem except for some violence. Gosh, this movie is so fabulous, one of those you HAVE to see before you die. Please, watch this with your kids, the will love you forever
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2012

best in the world

they don't make em like these anymore great movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byDominicboo1 January 27, 2012

A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away

Star Wars Episode IV is arguably the best of the series. It is more family friendly than its sequels and prequels. Their is one sad death of Obi Wan Kenobi, but the scene is handled nicely. In short Star Wars is an exciting and entertaing movie that changed films forever.Some mild language.