All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Sci-fi action classic perfect for sharing with kids.

Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2010

Real Cool

This movie is awesome with lots of light saber dueling. Its interesting to see how Luke became the Jedi he is.
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

Star Wars: Episode lV: A New Hope

A fantastic first! Familys will grow onto these movies, I guarantee it.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2010

Great movie, with some violence mixed in

This is one of the best science fiction movies ever made. Action-packed, funny, and all around entertaining. But there is lots of bloodless, but extremely frequent, laser bolts being pumped into white-clad soldiers. In one scene two smoldering skeletons are shown and in another Obi-Wan uses his lightsaber to dismember an alien, whose bloody arm ends up on the ground. There are four swear words, but mainly the language is fine. If you're 8 or 9, it's an awesome fantasy.
Kid, 8 years old December 3, 2009

Star Wars - a Great Movie! And start of a great series!

I loved it. Kind of sad though. It is also violent. Guns, lightsabers, getting captured, though violent, as strange planets and creatures pop up, it's a classic! If your kids can not get through Disney's The Wild, (what I mean is if your child thinks The Wild is too scary) then your child is not ready for Star Wars. THE STORY: It's about 2 droids who venture off, and are found, and sold on Tantoonie. A couple by the last name of Lars buys the droids. Then, one of the droids runs away. Lars' adopted son, Luke Skywalker, (age 20) goes to find it with the other droid. Then, he meets Obi-Wan Kenobi. He tells him about the force. Meanwhile,the bad guys are trying to capture the 2 droids. Will Luke protect the droids? Will Luke escape Tantoonie? Anything can happen. Watch the movie, and find out what happens to Luke. TIPS: If your goal is to watch every Star Wars Movie, watch A New Hope first, then The Empire Strikes Back, then Return of the Jedi, then The Phantom Menace, then Attack of the Clones, then Revenge of the Sith. I watched it in that order, and enjoyed the Star Wars Collection. Also, Revenge of the Sith is more violent then the other 5. I enjoyed it, even though it was really violent! DON'T WORRY IF: I sat down to watch A New Hope with my dad at 6, and started crying after Uncle Owen and Aunt Peru die. If your child cries, or feels for the characters, that's okay! That means he understands the character's feelings.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Perfect. Simply a perfect movie. Not much else I can say, except to also aknowledge how amazing the soundtrack is. Shame really, how later on they ruin this great promise of a series.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byquietones1980 September 3, 2009

my kid loves any thing to do with star wars. i think its a good show for him too watch, would rather he watched this than some of the shows more geared to his age such as i carly,
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey August 15, 2009

Who doesn't like Star Wars?

I love star wars! Hardly anything suggestive. If you haven't seen it then why not? They're all great!
Adult Written byClassicCultReviewer June 18, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares January 28, 2009

The worst movie ever made!

I'm shocked at how the movie exclaims that violent battes between artificially created and unbelievable characters is fun. All the movie has to offer is a false view on totalarian societies the will ruin children's moral views into a simplistic "There's only good and evil" idea. I blame this for ending the anti-war craze the Vietnam War started a view that made many people cheer when we were blowing up innocent people in Iraq in 1991, and more recently in Afghanistan and (again) Iraq. Avoid at all costs.
Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byxmasterxofxmyxd... November 11, 2008

one of the best movies of all time

acting- 4.5/5 art direction/set direction- 5/5 editing- 5/5 musical score- 5/5 sound- 5/5 visual effects- 5/5 directing- 5/5 screenplay- 5/5 one of the greatest films of all time, everything in this film is perfect or very close to it. I am still very puzzled that CSM gave it a 4/5. the finale still gives me goosebumps years after i originally saw it, i cant begin to describe how much i love this movie
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

One of the best

Adult Written bybaleighsdad April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Before Harry Potter....

I take small issue with the content summary that claims all main characters are white males. The Princess is a key figure who my daughter enjoyed rooting for, and she grows in importance as the series continues (a leader in Empire Strikes Back, a rebel ground fighter in Jedi). And Billy Dee Williams rivals Harrison Ford as an important romantic scoundrel who proves his heroic worth under fire. Far superior to Episodes 1 and 2.

still good

i know this is the oldest star wars movie but its still good
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Excellent

Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope is a great film that I enjoyed very much. All of the fight scenes are exciting, and it is only mildly violent. There is no language, sexual content, or drugs/alchohol. And the violence is not bloody or graphic. Good for kids: 8+

Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

begining af anb awsome seiries

COOL
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

OOKKK

Ok this is a good movie if you will not let your kids watch it my ^ year oldsister watched it and my mom is a no gun stuff freak.So they say mild curses lik What th hell and your damn crazy.they say it fast and mutter it my sister did not notice it.the violence is OK but a lot of shooting and light sabers mostly science fic.Enjoy the movie.You should be 6+ to watch this.

The Best in the Series.

A great movie. There is a lot of blood in one scene. Darth Vader is rather scary, and so are the Tusken raiders. Governor Tarkin is really evil. And the end of the film builds up so much suspense.... This is by far the best in the series.