All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

The best of the original series, but the most intense, too.

Adult Written byfonzieg April 4, 2015

Better than the first, and the most intense and exciting too!

The battles are astonishing and breathtaking, Darth Vader is even more menacing and awesome, and the characters are even more fun and amazing! I highly recommend this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter March 23, 2015

BEST MOVIE EVER

This is the best movie of the entire series let alone the original trilogy. This movie packs a good vs. evil match to remember and arguably the best plot twist
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Great Movie!

This might be the best Star Wars movie ever (I said the same the episode VI). There's minimal language, quite a bit of sexy stuff, and lots of violence and peril. But, still a great one to show to your third grader.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStarWarsWhovian March 4, 2015

Love This

This is the best out of all of them. Mild violence, mild cursing, and kissing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 25, 2015

One word "Epic"

This is the best movie in the whole saga. But its also more violent than Episode IV there are a few scenes that involve, Han and Leia kissing and flirting and that would go over little kids' heads probably, and a scene with the Wampa's arm cut off, but only minimal blood. This is a MUST see in the Star Wars saga.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T February 20, 2015

The best of the franchise?

How can this be the best? It has the most romance (besides II) and not enough action. I thought the only part worth watching was the climatic lightsaber battle between Luke and Darth Vader. Yet characters cope well and stick together. Lando pays the price for putting his trust in the Sith. And it's completely obvious that the darkest and most intense episode is III (see my profile for my opinion on that one.) Plus the age in the official review is a major difference-- they say V is on for 8-year-olds and III is iffy for 11-year-olds.
Written byAnonymous December 6, 2014

Much improved sequel has more violence then first

My rating:PG for violence and action
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoras123 July 10, 2014

The best of the Original

In my opinion, Empire Strikes Back is the Best of the Original series. Parents might be worried about the violence, but it's not as bad as the first too. If your kids like the New Hope, this one will knock their socks off.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2014

Best movie ever

Great movie non bloody deaths one arm chop off non bloody but it's ok it's better then it sounds like
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

A classic for all

The empire strikes back is the sequel to the original classic. This has intense action and a surprising twist at the end.This movie won 1/3 academy award for best sound and a special achievement award.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsraelite October 9, 2013

Best movie ever!

This is one of my favourite movies. It's a perfect mixture of action, suspense and romance. A character is attacked by a yeti-like creature but he defeats it. He cuts off its arm so there is some blood shown. There's banter between multiple characters as they deny their romantic feelings for one another. To those concerned about sexuality, there are several romantic scenes. They flirt subtly and often. Leia and Han exchange their first kiss. In later scenes they hold hands, Han kisses Leia's forehead briefly, Leia kisses his cheek, and Han holds her during an accident. At the end they exchange a second, very passionate kiss before being separated, but all in all the chemistry is fascinating and the level of romance well-balanced. Luke is taught by his master how to be patient, persistent and wise.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 1, 2013

My opinion

There's a reason why this movie is considered one of the best sequels ever made the story is solid and I think it's the best of the original trilogy and it has one of the best movie twists ever if I could see this in theaters i would
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ August 30, 2013

My Least Favorite Star Wars Movie

I love the entire Star Wars saga. The Empire Strikes Back is good....but not my favorite. I can't even really explain why. But it doesn't hold my interest as well as the other five movies. It is crucial to the storyline, however. POSITIVE MESSAGES The whole Star Wars saga maintains a classic, good vs evil plotline. You're constantly cheering for the Rebel Alliance, but also wondering, "how in the world are they going to win this thing?" The Empire has the upper hand. But while training with Yoda, Luke asks, "is the Dark Side stronger?" to which Yoda firmly replies "no". Star Wars holds true to the "good always triumphs over evil" mentality, which I love. POSITIVE ROLE MODELS Luke Skywalker holds true to his whiny, some-what bratty character. He is brash and impetuous, but you do admire his bravery. He is willing to put his life on the line for his friends. Leia's still bossy. But, again, she's willing to stand up for what's right, even if she has to do it herself. Han Solo is sill cocky and somewhat selfish, but now he's slowly learning to get his priorities straight. Chewbacca is still Han's loyal sidekick. Han's "friend" Lando also enters the scene. VIOLENCE I don't watch this one while eating. At the beginning, Luke is attacked by a monster, and he cuts its arm off, and we see some blood. Later, Han slices open an animal, and we see its insides (more gross then gory...I don't really know how else to explain). That's the worst of it. Darth Vader chokes a few of his officers who fail to complete their duties. Luke gets his hand cut off in a light-saber duel. Han is tortured--but we don't see it. Then (the poor guy) he's "frozen in carbonite"...encased in stone, sort of. There's also plenty of gun fights and star-fighter battles. SEXUAL CONTENT A few brief kisses. Han and Leia flirt a little. LANGUAGE One use of "hell". DRINKING None. OVERVIEW Although this one isn't my favorite, its still a fun, clean movie. It's crucial to the saga. We learn about Luke's past, and we also get our first glimpse of the mysterious Emperor. The stage is set for the final installment.
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

A great sci-fi but not as good as the first.

Great special effects and story but also has violence that may be too scary for under 6. A super sci-fi adventure with excellent special effects and storytelling.
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

good
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 11, 2013

Perfection.

By far the best Star Wars film. It was super cool. The graphics were outstanding and it has that action that everyone loves. You be the judge.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 29, 2013

This film kicked butt.

I love this film. It was so intense and action packed. This film was just brilliant, excellent, cool, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, and just out of this world. 'Nuff said.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2013

A Great Sequel That's Almost as Good as the First

I think it's almost as good as the 1st. It's a little more violent and dark, but still good. There are good role models and messages, and nothing else is an issue.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 28, 2012

LEARNING

A Real Knock Out Of The Park, This Is

Great action that amused me. When I was little, I watched this movie with my father and the scene where Luke loses his hand to Darth Vader's lightsaber and Han Solo gets tortured and frozen in carbonite really scared me, but now that I'm older, It won't scare me anymore. I did like it when Wedge and Janson bring down that AT-AT in their snowspeeder during the Battle of Hoth.
Kid, 7 years old December 6, 2012

My second favorite in the series

This is a good movie but there is a scary monster in one scene that could frighten young children.