All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2010

Good

This was probably my favorite Star Wars. I especially liked the part with Jabba the Hut. I would rate it PG for sci-fi action violence and some suggestive content.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

A really good star wars film. it's really good and please people watch the originals b4 the prequels
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

Movie Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Neutral

This wasn't as good as the 2 before it, but it's better than the crap that they're producing now. It wasn't as climactic, but it still brought out the death of the emperor and peace being brought to the galaxy. It's just that the ewok battle took too long.
Kid, 6 years old September 19, 2009

Ewoks are good role models

ewoks used all the things of the forest -- that was funny
Teen, 13 years old Written bycutie345 August 15, 2009

I think this movie is good for ages 8 and up because it had good action and it is funny too. My whole family loves this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 20, 2015

Mildly great although not as good as the other.

Pretty decent. The action sequence in the forest was excellent.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Five Star Movie!!

This might be the best of all the Star Wars episodes. Almost anyone can watch this! There's a bit of violence (the Luke Darth Vader battle, Ewoks, and Jabba the Hut battle). A tiny bit of sex (between Luke and Leia, 'cause they're siblings and they just found out). But no language whatsoever!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 March 5, 2015

Good for kids 9+

This movie is more intense, and more sexual stuff than is usual in a Star Wars movie. But this movie is very cool, and awesome. The Emperor and Darth Vader may scare young kids, The kids will love the Ewoks. There are a few deaths, but no blood. The scene in Jabbas Palace is a little to sexual for small children, This is a great movie for everybody.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2015

Best Movie in the saga

It has great role models. It has cute ewoks. Jabba's palace is an iffy though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 4, 2015

A somewhat violent end to a legendary saga.

The violence in this one is not the worst, or the tamest. One villain gets strangled, and another one falls into a pit and explodes at the bottom. Also, Princess Leia is captured and forced to wear a revealing bikini. But then she puts on some clothes as soon as she escapes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 6, 2014

Wrap up threequel has thrilling parts but no original action

My rating:PG for violence and action
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan July 15, 2014

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi movie review

I personally enjoyed the first two "Star Wars" movies a little more than I enjoyed "Return of the Jedi". This film was still very entertaining. "Return of the Jedi" departed from the dark and serious tone of "The Empire Strikes Back" and got a little more comedic and campy. It was still darker and more serious than the original "Star Wars" movie. I think that the first two "Star Wars" movies had a better plot. I was more invested in this movie's predecessors. I loved the action in this movie. The action is probably better than "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back". My main problem with the movie is the setting and production desing. I personally think the setting and production design was better in the first two movies. It looked better and it was handled better. Although I prefer "Return of the Jedi"'s two predecessors, it is still an amazing experience and I highly recommend checking it out. Plus, this is the last good "Star Wars" movie because the prequels ruined the franchise.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

the final chapter of the original trilogy

Return of the Jedi is a classic. This movie is very famous and won a special achievement award.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

They should add a change

If they replaced Sebastian Shaw, they should replace Alec Guiness.
Teen, 13 years old Written byComicfan12 January 20, 2014

Great movie for any Star Wars fan and a great ending to the original trilogy

This a awesome movie and is a tie between empire and this movie of what's my favorite Star Wars film the puppets are cool and I recommend not to watch the special edition the movie is though violent and at some points sexual but still it is a great movie and the Herod are positive role models
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ September 20, 2013

The Grand Finale!

In "Return of the Jedi", we finally see the epic battle between good and evil. Loyalties are tested as the Empire and the Rebel Alliance fight for control of the galaxy. Things look slim for the rebels, but we are reminded that good always, always defeats evil. POSITIVE MESSAGES Loyalty, bravery, and self-sacrifice are clearly portrayed by the heroes of the story. Villains show qualities of arrogance, hatred, and eagerness to kill. There are no muddled lines like in entertainment today; good is good and evil is evil. POSITIVE ROLE MODELS Luke has matured a bit, he is calmer and less of a complainer in this one. Han Solo has finally gotten his priorities straight. He still maintains his cocky attitude and the snippy remarks, but we see how much he has changed. Leia is still the slightly-bossy princess--yet still willing to do something herself if she has to. Supporting characters like Chewbacca and R2-D2 are still as loyal as ever. VIOLENCE There is a good deal of violence in the movie--although never bloody or graphic in any way. A couple major characters die. Jabba the Hutt (who scared me when I was younger) is strangled with a chain. Another badguy is eaten by a creature in a pit. Luke is electrocuted by the Emperor. There is a very nasty looking monster who lives in Jabba's dungeon--and who eats a few people. Again, nothing gruesome...but a few of the creatures will most likely scare some younger kids. SEXUAL CONTENT A couple of kisses. My biggest concern with the movie is the fact that for several scenes we see Leia wearing a skimpy bikini-like outfit. We also see other women in Jabba's palace wearing revealing clothing. LANGUAGE None. DRINKING/SMOKING In Jabba's palace, there is smoke in the air. OVERVIEW All in all, a very satisfying conclusion to the six-movie saga. Good role models and a classic good vs. evil struggle...I wish more movies were made like this these days.
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

good
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe May 15, 2013

An amazing way to end the saga, this is

I think this is the best Star Wars movie ever (in my opinion). Lots of space shooting and lightsaber duels. And dancing girls in Jabba's palace sort of turned me on. I remember when Jabba called Han Solo "bantha poodoo". This is my favorite Star Wars movie out of all of them in this saga.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 11, 2013

Loved it.

Epic Star Wars film. It was so action packed, the graphics were perfection, and the acting was great.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 28, 2013

Cool Star Wars film.

I think my favorite part of Star Wars films are the Jedis. I love Jedis. I also think that this movie is very action packed and just plain awesome.