All teen and kid member reviews for Star Wars: Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi

Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 25, 2010

Over all good movie, violence is as mild as previous films, Palpatine's scarred face may freak younger kids out. Once I noticed this(with my keen eye) there is one scene when you can see Slave Leia's gen.italia, because her robe gets pulled up when she goes on a swing to teh next flying vehicle, very brief young kids wont notice. My only problem with this film is the Childish ewoks. At leaast they arent as bad as Jar Jar.......
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010

A great end to one of the biggest serises ever. There is still violence though, some real and some for laughs.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2010

Great movie

I loved the movie and it had lots of funny scenes.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2010

Good

This was probably my favorite Star Wars. I especially liked the part with Jabba the Hut. I would rate it PG for sci-fi action violence and some suggestive content.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010

A really good star wars film. it's really good and please people watch the originals b4 the prequels
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

Movie Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Neutral

This wasn't as good as the 2 before it, but it's better than the crap that they're producing now. It wasn't as climactic, but it still brought out the death of the emperor and peace being brought to the galaxy. It's just that the ewok battle took too long.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycutie345 August 15, 2009

I think this movie is good for ages 8 and up because it had good action and it is funny too. My whole family loves this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChickemax July 25, 2015

This is my review on the thearetical version: Jabba could be creepy. Violence is normal. People getting shot, getting rocks thrown at them, but no gore. However jabba does get choked to death.Language is minimum (hell is the worst). Romance is implied between Han and Leia but it kissing at most. This is my review on the Special Edition: George Lucas!!!!! Ahh... The fun of George Lucas... George Lucas loves comic relief. The singers in jabba's palace got an extended scene with lots of gag humor. i.e. We get a zoom in of a Yuzzum's uvula while he's singing. At the end we see and extended celebration across the galaxy (spoilers) at the emperors death, including coruscant, tatooine, and the horrid gungans on Naboo. Those are the only differences and they don't change inappropriateness In either edition kids will love the cute little ewoks
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

Less forceful my a**!

Suggested rating: PG for Sci-fi violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan June 4, 2015

Return of the Jedi movie review

"Return of the Jedi", in my opinion, is the weakest of the original trilogy. Although very good, I do think the first two movies are better. "Return of the Jedi" is a movie that is so fun to watch. It's very adventurous and I loved the fun action. The action is actually better than the first two "Star Wars" movies. The final act of this movie is so peppy and upbeat; I really enjoyed it. The characters are still very important in "Return of the Jedi". Luke Skywalker is still traumatized after a shocking revealing and I liked how Mark Hamill played him. I saw a dark side to his character and I thought Hamill played Skywalker the best in this movie. Harrison Ford is great as Han Solo. I love his cockiness and his suave nature. He's very composed and I liked seeing that side of one of the greatest characters of all time. Carrie Fisher is the best she's been as Princess Leia. I loved the twist of her character along with Luke Skywalker. Speaking of twists, I liked the revelation of Darth Vader killing Luke Skywalker's father. In this movie, I liked how I saw a human side of Darth Vader. I thought it was interesting how it showed he's actually part human. This makes his character more interesting. Emperor Sidious is so menacing and I liked how his character kicked the buckett. The ending to this movie is my favorite part of the movie and I loved every minute of the third act. My two problems with the movie is a pacing inconsistency and the ewoks could have been more vicious which would have made the movie more interesting. Nevertheless, I really liked this movie. I think it is a great conclusion to one of the greatest sagas ever. The theme of loyalty is brilliant and so emotional. This is one of my favorite third installment in a franchise.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 10, 2015

Obviously not the best, but it's better than the prequels

The cast was just as great, the face-to-face confrontations are more emotional and the space battles are the icing on the cake
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 20, 2015

Mildly great although not as good as the other.

Pretty decent. The action sequence in the forest was excellent.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Five Star Movie!!

This might be the best of all the Star Wars episodes. Almost anyone can watch this! There's a bit of violence (the Luke Darth Vader battle, Ewoks, and Jabba the Hut battle). A tiny bit of sex (between Luke and Leia, 'cause they're siblings and they just found out). But no language whatsoever!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 March 5, 2015

Good for kids 9+

This movie is more intense, and more sexual stuff than is usual in a Star Wars movie. But this movie is very cool, and awesome. The Emperor and Darth Vader may scare young kids, The kids will love the Ewoks. There are a few deaths, but no blood. The scene in Jabbas Palace is a little to sexual for small children, This is a great movie for everybody.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

the final chapter of the original trilogy

Return of the Jedi is a classic. This movie is very famous and won a special achievement award.
Teen, 13 years old Written byComicfan12 January 20, 2014

Great movie for any Star Wars fan and a great ending to the original trilogy

This a awesome movie and is a tie between empire and this movie of what's my favorite Star Wars film the puppets are cool and I recommend not to watch the special edition the movie is though violent and at some points sexual but still it is a great movie and the Herod are positive role models
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ September 20, 2013

The Grand Finale!

In "Return of the Jedi", we finally see the epic battle between good and evil. Loyalties are tested as the Empire and the Rebel Alliance fight for control of the galaxy. Things look slim for the rebels, but we are reminded that good always, always defeats evil. POSITIVE MESSAGES Loyalty, bravery, and self-sacrifice are clearly portrayed by the heroes of the story. Villains show qualities of arrogance, hatred, and eagerness to kill. There are no muddled lines like in entertainment today; good is good and evil is evil. POSITIVE ROLE MODELS Luke has matured a bit, he is calmer and less of a complainer in this one. Han Solo has finally gotten his priorities straight. He still maintains his cocky attitude and the snippy remarks, but we see how much he has changed. Leia is still the slightly-bossy princess--yet still willing to do something herself if she has to. Supporting characters like Chewbacca and R2-D2 are still as loyal as ever. VIOLENCE There is a good deal of violence in the movie--although never bloody or graphic in any way. A couple major characters die. Jabba the Hutt (who scared me when I was younger) is strangled with a chain. Another badguy is eaten by a creature in a pit. Luke is electrocuted by the Emperor. There is a very nasty looking monster who lives in Jabba's dungeon--and who eats a few people. Again, nothing gruesome...but a few of the creatures will most likely scare some younger kids. SEXUAL CONTENT A couple of kisses. My biggest concern with the movie is the fact that for several scenes we see Leia wearing a skimpy bikini-like outfit. We also see other women in Jabba's palace wearing revealing clothing. LANGUAGE None. DRINKING/SMOKING In Jabba's palace, there is smoke in the air. OVERVIEW All in all, a very satisfying conclusion to the six-movie saga. Good role models and a classic good vs. evil struggle...I wish more movies were made like this these days.
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

good
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe May 15, 2013

An amazing way to end the saga, this is

I think this is the best Star Wars movie ever (in my opinion). Lots of space shooting and lightsaber duels. And dancing girls in Jabba's palace sort of turned me on. I remember when Jabba called Han Solo "bantha poodoo". This is my favorite Star Wars movie out of all of them in this saga.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 11, 2013

Loved it.

Epic Star Wars film. It was so action packed, the graphics were perfection, and the acting was great.