All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Not a good movie.

This movie was so boring I fell asleep.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2009

Cool!!!

Great!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey August 15, 2009

Who doesn't like Star Wars?

I love star wars! Hardly anything suggestive. If you haven't seen it then why not? They're all great! And this one, in my opinion is the best one, even though George Lucas directed it. The Emporer may bother some people as he tortures Luke Skywalker.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 1, 2012

Can't match the previous films, but still great

This was a nice conclusion to the epic saga, with amazing CGI, a good plot, and an emotional ending. Luke is a great role model for not succumbing to the dark side, and Vader turns good in the end, so this will be satisfying for kids. But there is also more sexuality as Princess Leia is dressed in a skimpy outfit in the beginning, and there are strippers at Jabba's palace. Unfortunately, this film just can't live up to the previous two films. I don't like it as much because Mark Hamill was not very good in his performance as a calm and wise Jedi Knight, as opposed to a cheerful recluse in the previous films. Also, the duel between Luke and Vader seemed rather short in comparison to the long one seen in the previous film. But nonetheless, this is a timeless sci-fi adventure. The action is probably the most violent out of the three original films, but this is compensated by the appearences of the little teddy bears, the Ewoks. My sister finds them adorable, and I must say, so do I. This film may be a slight disappointment to hardcore fans of the previous films, but it will still provide excitement for general Star Wars fans everywhere. A great ending!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycutie345 August 15, 2009

I think this movie is good for ages 8 and up because it had good action and it is funny too. My whole family loves this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypickledwookiee.... April 9, 2009

Very good movie. Unfourtunete placement of imodesty.

Disappointed with the Leia costume. Sure it wasn't the characters fault, but the people who made were certainly in control of it. Very unneeded. But the finished story of the Star Wars series is too good to miss. It has a joyful ending, and is one the of the best Star Wars movies. The characters are courageous, and want to do the right thing.

A bit sad.

this really is a great movie, but still upsetting. it really would have done without a outfit someone wore(guess who). A bit instense. 9+
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2012

ALERT: the Ewoks are very cute!

I am 10 years old and I love this movie. I think the Ewoks are so cute! But Palpetine and Anakin Skywalker might be a little too scary for younger children.
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

STAR WARS 6

sixth movie is the best of the original trilogy.
Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2012

Good but scary

Best out of the first 3 but is also the scariest out of the first 3 especially the end of it because sidios almost zaps Luke to death and it gave me the chills very scary but I like it
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2012

iffy for pre-teens

me and my friends found this episode in the star wars chronicles extremely disturbing. If your kids are 10 & under, or emotionally sensitive, definitely take breaks when intense, and talk about what has happened so far. If too intense for young ones, leave it for the night and watch the rest the next day. Also, consider watching in the day-time, as late night scares can result in nightmares.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Shame how this one does not live up to expectations. Ewoks?! Defeat the whole Empire?! Palpatine, the most feared Sith in the whole universe, is picked up and thrown of a balcony by a half dead sith?! Makes me want to throw up. Has got some good scenes in it though, which redeems it from being a total cop out.
Kid, 6 years old September 19, 2009

Ewoks are good role models

ewoks used all the things of the forest -- that was funny
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i laughed

even though that this is not meant to be a funny movie, i laughed at some of the parts like when the ewaks are fighting the stormtroopers. this was a pretty boring movie for me to watch at the age of 9. this is a good movie for 6-8 year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 March 5, 2015

Good for kids 9+

This movie is more intense, and more sexual stuff than is usual in a Star Wars movie. But this movie is very cool, and awesome. The Emperor and Darth Vader may scare young kids, The kids will love the Ewoks. There are a few deaths, but no blood. The scene in Jabbas Palace is a little to sexual for small children, This is a great movie for everybody.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2015

Best Movie in the saga

It has great role models. It has cute ewoks. Jabba's palace is an iffy though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 4, 2015

A somewhat violent end to a legendary saga.

The violence in this one is not the worst, or the tamest. One villain gets strangled, and another one falls into a pit and explodes at the bottom. Also, Princess Leia is captured and forced to wear a revealing bikini. But then she puts on some clothes as soon as she escapes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 6, 2014

Wrap up threequel has thrilling parts but no original action

My rating:PG for violence and action
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan July 15, 2014

Return of the Jedi movie review

I personally enjoyed the first two "Star Wars" movies a little more than I enjoyed "Return of the Jedi". This film was still very entertaining. "Return of the Jedi" departed from the dark and serious tone of "The Empire Strikes Back" and got a little more comedic and campy. It was still darker and more serious than the original "Star Wars" movie. I think that the first two "Star Wars" movies had a better plot. I was more invested in this movie's predecessors. I loved the action in this movie. The action is probably better than "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back". My main problem with the movie is the setting and production desing. I personally think the setting and production design was better in the first two movies. It looked better and it was handled better. Although I prefer "Return of the Jedi"'s two predecessors, it is still an amazing experience and I highly recommend checking it out. Plus, this is the last good "Star Wars" movie because the prequels ruined the franchise.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

the final chapter of the original trilogy

Return of the Jedi is a classic. This movie is very famous and won a special achievement award.