All member reviews for Star Wars: Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi

Ewok-filled finale less Force-ful than previous.

Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2012

Good but scary

Best out of the first 3 but is also the scariest out of the first 3 especially the end of it because sidios almost zaps Luke to death and it gave me the chills very scary but I like it
Teen, 13 years old Written byratingpeepsshows69 February 26, 2011

NOT for kids!!

A little romance in this film but no blood. My 6 yr old bro watched it, but he thought violence was the answer after that.... .
Parent Written byTheDarkKnightFalls May 9, 2015

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return Of The Jedi

Fans of the Star Wars Saga will definitely want to view this film again with their family, before they see Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens. This film is the most violent of The Original Trilogy, but is still an amazing science-fiction family film. I will definitely watch this one over and over. My Classification: PG - Stylised Violence
Adult Written byfonzieg April 25, 2015

A good entry, but could have had less Ewoks!

Return of the Jedi, it's a great sequel to the previous fantastic predecessors! It has exciting action sequences, fantastic special effects, but the movie has a couple of problems for me, 1st being that the movie starts incredibly slow, and it's kinda unnecessary, the 2nd is those Ewoks! I hate them, they are annoying as hell! Not as annoying as Jar Jar Binks, but they are still annoying! But yeah, it's a good movie, but not as groundbreaking as the first two!
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2015

Best Movie in the saga

It has great role models. It has cute ewoks. Jabba's palace is an iffy though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 4, 2015

A somewhat violent end to a legendary saga.

The violence in this one is not the worst, or the tamest. One villain gets strangled, and another one falls into a pit and explodes at the bottom. Also, Princess Leia is captured and forced to wear a revealing bikini. But then she puts on some clothes as soon as she escapes.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

They should add a change

If they replaced Sebastian Shaw, they should replace Alec Guiness.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2012

ALERT: the Ewoks are very cute!

I am 10 years old and I love this movie. I think the Ewoks are so cute! But Palpetine and Anakin Skywalker might be a little too scary for younger children.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2012

Good Movie

I think this is a great movie for kids ten and up because, most kids know it's fake by that age. It is violent, but it keeps the story interesting. I can't explain more without spoiling. I think there are some intense [violent, sad] scenes, but it is absolutly NEEDED in the story to rise the plot and bring it back down to an ending. This is my opinion. I think this is a good movie because there is no swearing, action packed, and a creative storyline. Still I do not recomend for younger kids.
Adult Written byMi3 February 6, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 25, 2010

Over all good movie, violence is as mild as previous films, Palpatine's scarred face may freak younger kids out. Once I noticed this(with my keen eye) there is one scene when you can see Slave Leia's gen.italia, because her robe gets pulled up when she goes on a swing to teh next flying vehicle, very brief young kids wont notice. My only problem with this film is the Childish ewoks. At leaast they arent as bad as Jar Jar.......
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010
A great end to one of the biggest serises ever. There is still violence though, some real and some for laughs.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2010

Great movie

I loved the movie and it had lots of funny scenes.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2010

Good

This was probably my favorite Star Wars. I especially liked the part with Jabba the Hut. I would rate it PG for sci-fi action violence and some suggestive content.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2010
A really good star wars film. it's really good and please people watch the originals b4 the prequels
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

Movie Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Neutral

This wasn't as good as the 2 before it, but it's better than the crap that they're producing now. It wasn't as climactic, but it still brought out the death of the emperor and peace being brought to the galaxy. It's just that the ewok battle took too long.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycutie345 August 15, 2009
I think this movie is good for ages 8 and up because it had good action and it is funny too. My whole family loves this movie.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

A Great Wrap-Up to a Groundbreaking Trilogy!

THE RETURN OF THE JEDI is the last STAR WARS film of the original trilogy, and also the last film of the whole 6-part series. And it does its job well. The characters must solve the problem we were left off with in the second installment, and also destroy a new Death Star. Leia must rescue Han, Han must be rescued, Luke has to confront the fear in himself as well as in his father, and R2, Threepio, and Chewbacca are along for the ride. Violence is the biggest issue, but it's no worse than in the other two. Sex is very minor, with some scantily clad alien females dancing exoticly in front of the gluttonous slug that is Jabba the Hutt. Some drinking on Jabba's barge, but no language. This is a must-see if you're a fan of the series, or if you've seen the first two. Highly recommended.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byResponsibleParent April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byFlimFanE February 22, 2017
The final instalment in the original trilogy is good but not as good as the previous two. It almost perfectly ties up the trilogy but makes one error in the fact of the new death star that they should have made earlier. Oh well despite it's flaws it still is one of the better and more entertaining Star Wars sequels.