All member reviews for Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 March 12, 2010

Not the best animated movie ever, but it stays true to its Star Wars roots.

I thought this animated Star Wars movie was pretty good overall. The animation was great, but the story was rather poor. Still, it's age appropriate and fun enough.
Kid, 10 years old April 10, 2010

star wars

on the good side it will tell kids to never give up on somthing that thay want to do. but on the bad side thay say stuped and smoke and jabba tells the people who did not find his git thar heads cut off wich thay show. and my sister saw it when she was 5 but she dos not care abuut all the action only ahsoka.
Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 1, 2010

i think it's a very cool movie,because this movie is how star wars should have always been, full of action and violence. the title is ' star wars the clone wars ' , so there has to be all that stuff in it. anyway, i think this movie is not for children under 12 years, because the violence in this movie is pretty high for the standard of violence in star wars movies. it does not matter if it's animation , the point is it's about wars and you get to see how people die, tons of people actually. for example: in the beginning of the movie you see a big battle and clones try to storm the droids, now think what would happen and how it would look like if a lot of people would storm their enemies in a war. that's right a lot of people are dyeing. there's no blood in this movie, but that's logical because the weapons that are used in this movie shoot laser. the hardest scene in this movie is when a big droid holds a clone ,so that he can't run and shoots right through his body, the clone screams , you see how the laser comes out of the back and you get to see the hole in his body. after that the droid throws him away and the body lies on the ground. the rating PG is fine for this movie but you should take it serious. thanks for reading my review :)
Teen, 16 years old Written by-moviemaniac- January 16, 2009

Great!

I thought that this film was great, although I do agree with the review at the top about the conflict. What I think made this film excellent was the development of the two main characters: Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin grows as a teacher in this movie, revealing another side to him and shows his responsibility for his Padwan. Anakin seems more of a protector in this way, more in charge- it was great to see him as the teacher this time instead of the apprentice. Obi-Wan has more humour in this movie which I think is also good. All in all, a great, character-developing movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTIE41 February 25, 2015

Good

This is a fairly good movie, even though this is animated I think its even more violent than the live action movies. Most of the movie focuses on fighting which I like action movies. But what I dont care for is the political side. I kind of think they spend too much time talking politics for a kids movie. Nothing bad for your kid.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams February 15, 2015

This was great.

I'm a Star Wars fan, I have all the movies at my house. This movie was great. Fun action, great colors, and perfect acting. GO STAR WARS!
Kid, 7 years old January 18, 2015

Light Sabers and Guns, So Be Warned

This movie is awesome, but the only thing bad about it is weapons. They are scary weapons. Be warned - don't get shot by any battle droids.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2014

A Great Start To An AMAZING Series

I enjoyed this, I don't agree with the so called "lameness" of it. I think it's just hate towards the prequels, which I loved. Before I give info on what families need to know, (SPOILER ALERT) first a quick recap: Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi are fighting in battle on Christophis when a Shuttle arrives. The shuttle carries Ahsoka Tano, Skywalker's new padawan. At first they bicker but after they successfully win the Battle of Christophis, they begin to get along. Then they discover that Jabba the Hutt's son was kidnapped. The story turns to saving the young Hutt. When they find the hut on Teth, a new villain is introduced, Asajj Ventress. After an epic lightsaber battle, Anakin and Ahsoka escape with the Hutlett and make for Tatooine. However, they are being thwarted by Count Dooku, who convinces Jabba that the Jedi were the kidnappers. On Coruscant, Padme decides to investigate the kidnap. Obi-Wan then arrives on Teth to push back Seperatist forces. He duels with Ventress. Anakin is shot down to Tatooine by droids. When the crash landing happens. Anakin and Ahsoka split up. Anakin then meets Dooku in the desert. There is a third duel. Padme discovers that Ziro the Hutt was behind the kidnapping and Jabba demanded Ziro to be arrested. Great Messages: The great messages include -Anakin's determination to keep people safe -The Republic's willingness to help anyone. Great Role Models: -Anakin and Ahsoka: Both Determined to Help Everyone. Violence: There are no significant deaths of good characters, and violence is expected in Star WARS. Consumerism: Promotes Star Wars. Still, it deserves my money.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngelAxexinf November 24, 2014

This Show is Perfect

Keep in mind that Common Sense Media judged an entire series--121 episodes, multiple stories and characters--on the first episode. The show does get darker as it progresses, but it's nothing that a 9 year old wouldn't be able to handle (I started watching this when I was eight). The farther you go in, the deeper the messages and the better the animation gets. You should definitely watch it. Just a note: the violence does get ~sort of~ graphic at one point--a slave commits suicide by jumping. You never see her hit the ground, but the death is implied. The series get heavier by the 3/4th seasons, but by then your child should be older and less naive.
Teen, 17 years old Written by1raptor October 19, 2014

Lousy CGI "movie"

I saw this when I was nine or ten, and it bored me half to death. The plot was so predictable, and the violence much more generous than in the far superior live action films, that I don't think anyone other than a bored seven-year-old would enjoy it. The only fun I got out of this is when my friends and I watched it dubbed in french and heckled it. Don't even bother.
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2014

It's very good,but for kids under 6 hard to understand.

I understand that parents might not want their kids to watch it,but to be honest,it's more kid friendly than most things I've watched.Kids under 6 won't understand"Get a medic droid!"or "One man down!" but kids 6& up will understand and should be fine with it.There are a few uses of 'damn' and one use of 'hell' but they aren't the worse things ever.'hell' suited the dialect at the time and you barely hear damn.In my opinion,it's fine.I rated it 4 because,all though Ahsoka is one of my favourite characters,there really wasn't any point to put her in to the show.If your a hardcore Star Wars can like me,you'll get emotional.I am not embarrassed to admit this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 October 16, 2013

Was pretty good

It's basically in between Star Wars II and III. It's good but the T.V show is a lot better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacktheCool August 15, 2013

One of my best Star Wars film

Not Bad, not bad at all! But it might by bit violent for some super small kids! There is no blood so I think the rating of PG is fine. I enjoy this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 2, 2013

Don't let CSM brainwash you.

Honestly, I HATE it when CSM says something false and feeds it into parent's brains. This film was NOT "dull". It had plenty of action and you know it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 23, 2012

Star Wars like it was never seen before

Obi-Wan and Anakin wearing different clothes and new characters, like Ahsoka, is REALLY Star Wars like it was never seen before. Sex: Ahsoka wears a short skirt and a tube top. Her stomach is always bare.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 17, 2012

Just a big moneymaker

This had no point at all. Plot sucked, Anakins padawan is annoying, and it was less than 90 minutes long.
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2011

BAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!!!!!!!!!

This film should NOT ever be on your shelf of movies. Despite a great job done with the rest of the "Star Wars" films, this is a total confusion to the rest of the series. It has a terrible storyline ("worse than Telletubbies" should give you a great idea), this film has NO interest to people who didn't lock up their brains and swallow the key, and it's basically a PARODY to anything that ever sold 5 copies or more to people that outgrew Telletubbies. The basic story is that Anakin, Obi-Wan and their new alien companion (don't remember the name) go to find Jabba the Hutt's baby. Need I say more?
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

Good Movie!

This is such a cute story and movie. It is a good thing to watch as a family. It would keep the little ones (and the bigger ones too) entertained. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

I pity whoever can call this a Star Wars movie.

My rating: PG for animated sequences of sci-fi action and violence throughout, some brief smoking and mild language.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2011