All member reviews for Stardust

Dazzling fantasy romcom has some dark moments.

Adult Written byUncle Festorkian April 13, 2010

Stardust. Our Family's Favorite.

I saw this movie twice in the theatres with friends and with my family. I watched it with my parents (who are very old-fashioned) and never once felt uncomfortable. This is a bit more violent than The Princess Bride but I think just as classic with a great mix of action, romance, and clean comedy. Awesome movie, don't rent it, just buy it.
Parent of a 5 and 11 year old Written byWife-mother-law... May 14, 2011

Break the rules for this PG 13 movie: it's PG 11.

It's a lot of fun. My just shy of 11 year old has only seen one other PG13 movie: Harry Potter IV. This was more fun and the violence was far less serious. (We don't regret H.P. IV - though sometimes we feel like the only parents in the world who have tried to pace our child - she read it and was ready. Just. But this movie was totally fun and fine as the violence was silly. The one night stand resulting in pregnancy required the pause button, but we try to turn those awkward moments into opportunities. If your willing to help with unraveling the fun and fast paced plot and also talk about the violence and sex, this is a great movie to break the PG 13 rule on.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byEzri_B April 9, 2008

Wonderful Grownup fairy tale

This was a wonderful movie, but it's really a grown ups fairy tale. I put it in league with the Labyrinth or Legend. It is beautiful, intellegent, creative, and magical. There is some violence. The killing of animals to see the future for instance is a bit gross, you don't see it, but you know it's happening. Overall it's great, but more for the older child and adults.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Extremely creative

I would have to say that this is the most interesting and creatice movie I have ever seen. I really, really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be a dumb romance, but it wasn't. There is really not all that much romance, and what there is is made up for by the great plot. I laughed histerically at Robert DeNiro, and Michelle Pfieffer was great, she did a wonderful job. The killing of animals to tell the future was a bit gross, and the violence was actually quite scary at times, so it's a definite 12 and up movie. This is an extremely enjoyable movie, and great to watch with your kids.
Adult Written bymerlinls April 9, 2008

PERFECT

This film offerd me a breath of fresh air. I am happy to see that others are interested in offering something of REAL content for our children so as to offer a platform of dialog beyond the boring "Status Quo." Thanks to all who participated in the creation of this remarkable film...
Adult Written byMovie Man August 17, 2009

Outstanding, Original, and Oscar-Worthy!

This is an excellent, totally-original film. I loved it! I am a big fan of fantasy, and this is a masterpiece among fantasy films. The cast is great, including a surprising twist from Robeert DeNiro's characrter (trust me, you'll laugh yourself silly). And for those who need action to keep their interest, there are some cool fantasy action seuqences, especially the climax. This is a funny, touching, somewhat dark fantasy adventure with a solid opening, an intense, well-paced middle, and a wonderful ending. Magnificent!
Adult Written bymaedhros April 9, 2008

Oh Come On...

Yes, there's a bit of magic and playful--note that, playful--violence, but overall a very good movie for children 9 and up. It teaches good morals about how to handle the world and what should be important.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler March 11, 2011

Bad witches but good people triumphs over them in this good movie.

Love it, but the only thing I'm worrying is the evil doings of the witches. however, I'm sure it'll be suitable for little kids to watch this exciting fantasy with parents sitting by their side. Parents, please look after your kids and reassure them that this is just a fiction tale.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2010

Great movie.
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2010

Awesome!

There is a little bit of kissy stuff in it but I don't think that it would be very disturbing, also i rated it 10+ because there are a lot of slightly gory /gross things in it. over all I think that it is an awesome movie and it is extremely funny and a great family/comedy movie.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 12 year old Written byjjmmwgdp May 27, 2010

I really liked it a lot. My 6-yr-old was able to handle the gore and witches, but not all small children would. Didnt like the casual treatment of sex outside marriage, effeminacy, and killing (lot of that). However, none of these is flaunted, either, and do seem germane to the story. Furthermore there were a lot of humorous parts, clever plot twists and good basic messages: Dont confuse love and infatuation, care about your fellow man, do what is right even when it is hard, etc.

awesome fantasy!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED this movie. it's a little romantic, a little violent, and it's kind of gross when they cut open amimals. but it's got awesome scenery, a really good story, and it was totally facinating! i loved it.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byjanetjam June 23, 2010

Can be OK for 8 year olds; when in doubt, pre-view it yourself

My entire family enjoyed this movie. We saw it when our kids were 8 and 12 years old; we needed to help the 8 year old unravel some of the plot, but she wasn't scared by the violence (which was not very realistic, anyway). Robert deNiro's character opened up a discussion about the image we project to the world vs. who we really are and he was so fun to watch! My younger daughter still considers this 1 of her favorite movies (me, too). We like that they get into deep issues (love, loyalty, not judging people by their appearance) and the humor is intelligent.
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2010

This movie rocked! Commonsensemedia was wrong: there is nudity. You don't see anything, but when the witch becomes young, she drops her clothes. Other than that, it was awesome!

i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the best movie ever, but I think that it is labeled as too scary for kids 11 years old and older, but I'm here to tell you it's not scary at all my nine year old sister and 5 year old yes I said 5 year old brother could watch it and they both loved it. My favorite part is when captain Shakespeare dances around in the pink dress it is absolutely hilarious. this movie is not only tear-jerking it is also laugh-out-loud funny Once again... I loved it
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

stardust

I love this movie for myself but my should not be watching it! The language is mild (d**n, h**l, and idolt). But I must say it's a great movie! It has strong violence I must say. This is just as violent as The Mummy. Lots of kisses.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 12, 2011

Good, but in a way, creepy movie.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some fantasy violence, frightening/disturbing images, crude humor, and brief mild sensuality.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGriffon April 3, 2010

It was a very good movie but the violence in it might be kind of scary for younger kids
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2011

violent

it's violent but has a good storyline the acting is good to.
Kid, 9 years old June 8, 2009

Creppy but really good!

This is a very good movie! But i'm only 9 so it is not azactlly apporprite for my age! Thier is not much of anything bad not mentiooning the horrible violene! This is a great movie and I think that kids should watch it as long as they are with a trustworthy adult! And there is nothing to worry about!