All member reviews for Stardust

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleDee. July 26, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviecheker April 9, 2008

HATED the book LOVED the moive

Stardust is a fantasy about love and trust. Brothers try to kill each other for the throne and one brother you can actually see the blood from the throught cutting. there are some adult jokes that kids under 11 won't get but they will still love it! p.s. anyone who tells you it is bad is just trying to write a bad review for the sake of it! :)

i loved it

i loved this movie and its a wonderful movie also michelle pfeiffer is a great actress!
Teen, 14 years old Written byseventh.soul April 9, 2008

Stardust

I have read Stardust, written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Charles Vess, and the movie is quite different. It adds scenes and takes away rather important ones, and it also removes one of my favorite characters. I liked the movie fine but it was violent (Think Lord of the Rings trilogy). A unicorn is stabbed and (in the book) beheaded, several characters get cut across the throat or stabbed, one falls of a thousand-foot tower, and one drowns in air. If you have read the book don't expect much from Stardust; if you haven't, go ahead. I don't reccomend this movie for anyone under twelve.

Bornig...

I saw this and - I couldn't stay for the rest of the film because it was long and boring. DON'T waste your money on this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed September 12, 2009

Meh.

I mean, there's really nothing to keep me from liking this movie. It's not especially violent. It's not overtly sexual. The language is practically nonexistent. The premise is interesting. The acting (surprisingly) isn't all that bad. The writing isn't great but it's not enough to turn a person away from it. It's really just kind of a mediocre movie for me. It's alright when you've got an hour and a half to kill but, otherwise, skip this one.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysummergal93 April 9, 2008

fantasy movie

good movie if u like Harry Potter and stuff like that. i loved it!!! good acting, sweet love story. kinda about being true to yourself about love.

Fantasy lover's dream

This movie has everything for a fantasy lover, swordfights, mythical creatures, witchcraft, and mystery. I cracked up so hard when **SPOILER** Robert DiNiro's character acts so femenine.**SPOILER END** I recommend this movie for any Robert DiNiro, Michelle Pfieffer, or fantasy fan!
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

My all-time favorite movie

This movie rocks!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysweettarts7070 April 9, 2008

It was good....

This movie was good if you like all the fantasy and mystical stuff. if you don't like that then you would not like this movie at all. I liked it but only until i saw it for the second time. The first time i saw it i had mixed emotions about it i thought it was weird then i thought it was great so i mean it can be confusing the first time you see it but other than that its really good. I thought that Michelle Pfiefer did phenomenal as well as Claire Danes. It was very creative and whoever had imagined this whole story has a superb imagination!!! however, i don't recommend this for younger children because it may have some scary images that could scare them alot but other than that its fine. There is hardly anything sexual but there is a part where two people make love but you don't actually see it. i think that this is a good adventure movie and it definitely is appropriate for people my age!!! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeganargetlam April 9, 2008

Fantastic Movie

I LOVED this movie. I do not see much wrong with the movie, it is entertaining, and it has a good plot. The comedy was good, and Shakespeare was fun. It is a good movie, and I recommend it for pre-teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHephalump555 April 9, 2008

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!!

This is amazing! Total family movie and so sweet. I whatched it with two of my friends and we all cried out, "I wanna be a star!" It was AWSOME! i HAVE CREATED A NEW WORD BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS TO GOOD FOR REGULAR WORDS! Here it is: AMAZIN-LICUO-AWSOME-NEY-ROCKIN-TO-HARD!
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2014

Fun Fantasy Romance with dark moments

As other people have been saying, this is basically a darker Princess Bride. For young kids, the ghost brothers might scare them, and they might not understand the two brothers trying to get the crown. The witches and some of the violence is also a little mature, but overall, it is a great family movie that anyone over 10 can pretty much watch.
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2012

Stardust

This is my favorite movie of all time! I think the acting was great, and they picked the right actors. Most kids will probably like the magic and fantasy of it. There was action, adventure, great plot, and some really funny moments. Five stars!
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2012

Stardust

First, the negative. There are some ghosts, who represent some of the people who were killed. Once they are killed, they show up as a ghost. One ghost has a axe through the head, another with burns, and one with whike flaky stuff on his face. One person who is alive at the start, falls to his death, and shows up as a ghost. Another is poisoned and killed, One is killed by a witch via the use of a voodoo doll, [if anyone is worried about religious stuff and black magic] Another one is sliced by the throat, and humourously, the blood is blue [Royal, blue blood, lol] There is a disturbing scene, which may have young ones on edge, THe star girl is chained to a tree in a forest, and hears something. It turns out to be a unicorn. The violence is strong, and may be a bit strong for anyone 10 or under. Several people are stabbed and killed, the witches tear animals apart to tell the future, one witch literally loses her head, and then turns into ashes, the witches shoot flames out of their hands, at some point a sword goes into someone and out the other end, the witches want the heart of a star in it's human form, aparently 'they cut it out of the body' which is a biiit disturbing. TONS of kissing, if this bothers sensitive parents, and a boy and a girl are shown in a bed, however you only see the bed's covers. The witch, after consuming the last of the star they last used, regains youth and the clothing has the cleavage showing. The witches do all sorts of things to a red-haired man, mostly physical transformations. Some language is used, like 'pervert' Now, the positive. This is a good movie, with a good romance factor for the older ones. I haven't read the book, so i'm not sure how much it follows the original story. The star is played perfectly, some comedy. In a nutshell, this movie is a must see. I think 11 is a good age to watch this, if they can handle non-scary humorous ghosts, and badly-done special effects done witches.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNumber-1-Pfan August 5, 2012

A Good Family Movie!

It was a little violent, but no more violent than the somehow always "kid-friendly" Harry Potter movies 2 and 3. Little or no swearing, maybe one Dam* or Hell, at the very most. The most violence was from the Witch, played by Michelle Pfeiffer, but if you want, there are some interviews of her on youtube talking about the movie and why she chose the part that she did. She explains it was all in good fun and that it was something different from most rolesshe has played. Nothing that someone 12 and up couldn't see. It has a good message, too. A good family movie. Enjoy! :)
Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2012

Great movie!

My rating is PG-13 for intense sequences of fantasy violence, sexual content, and brief disturbing images.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap July 31, 2009

great movie

this movie is really good but is very violent and not for little kids.It is one of my favortie movies
Teen, 13 years old Written byDecalis April 9, 2008

Utterly amazing!!! (for teenagers)

I think that this is a great movie for kids thirteen or older. It's very funny if you're actually old enough to get some of the jokes. I didn't rate it as high on violence as other people, probably because most things aren't all that violent compared to Saving Private Ryan, and I've never seen the things that are.