All member reviews for Stardust

Dazzling fantasy romcom has some dark moments.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

stardust

I love this movie for myself but my should not be watching it! The language is mild (d**n, h**l, and idolt). But I must say it's a great movie! It has strong violence I must say. This is just as violent as The Mummy. Lots of kisses.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 12 year old Written byjjmmwgdp May 27, 2010

I really liked it a lot. My 6-yr-old was able to handle the gore and witches, but not all small children would. Didnt like the casual treatment of sex outside marriage, effeminacy, and killing (lot of that). However, none of these is flaunted, either, and do seem germane to the story. Furthermore there were a lot of humorous parts, clever plot twists and good basic messages: Dont confuse love and infatuation, care about your fellow man, do what is right even when it is hard, etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGriffon April 3, 2010

It was a very good movie but the violence in it might be kind of scary for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2010

Awesome!

There is a little bit of kissy stuff in it but I don't think that it would be very disturbing, also i rated it 10+ because there are a lot of slightly gory /gross things in it. over all I think that it is an awesome movie and it is extremely funny and a great family/comedy movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2010

Great movie.
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2010

This movie rocked! Commonsensemedia was wrong: there is nudity. You don't see anything, but when the witch becomes young, she drops her clothes. Other than that, it was awesome!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytaylorvenn November 14, 2009

its prefect for 10 and older

i love this movie its awsome it has good romance an amazing plot and it has a good twist and tells not to judge a person byt heir cover its an amzaing movie probably not for little kids it would be for like 10 and up its a wonderful movie with almost every genre. theres nothing basd in it the language is almost nothing but maybe one word in thte whole movie theres no sex and it shows how true friends accept you for who you really are! it is a great movie i can watch it all the time i saw it like 10 times
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed September 12, 2009

Meh.

I mean, there's really nothing to keep me from liking this movie. It's not especially violent. It's not overtly sexual. The language is practically nonexistent. The premise is interesting. The acting (surprisingly) isn't all that bad. The writing isn't great but it's not enough to turn a person away from it. It's really just kind of a mediocre movie for me. It's alright when you've got an hour and a half to kill but, otherwise, skip this one.
Adult Written byMovie Man August 17, 2009

Outstanding, Original, and Oscar-Worthy!

This is an excellent, totally-original film. I loved it! I am a big fan of fantasy, and this is a masterpiece among fantasy films. The cast is great, including a surprising twist from Robeert DeNiro's characrter (trust me, you'll laugh yourself silly). And for those who need action to keep their interest, there are some cool fantasy action seuqences, especially the climax. This is a funny, touching, somewhat dark fantasy adventure with a solid opening, an intense, well-paced middle, and a wonderful ending. Magnificent!
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2009

Fun movie for the whole family

I loved to movie.It was kinda confusing but it all came togeter at the end.There is a part where Captain Shakespere is dancing in his room looking like a girl so that's basicly saying that he's a crossdresser.Depend on what a child hears at school or for a parent,whoever is their parent might need to explain to them.Unless they don't ask.All in all it was a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrainpuddle August 8, 2009

Rocking movie

This is the best movie ever. Where there is adventure in one scene there is comedy and romance in the next. This is a fun filled action packed movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I love the flying pirate ships!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap July 31, 2009

great movie

this movie is really good but is very violent and not for little kids.It is one of my favortie movies
Parent of a 8, 13, and 16 year old Written byPatDaugherty July 27, 2009

Great for the whole family, young to old.

Characters are killed throughout, but in a tongue-in-cheek way. Generally they remain in the story as wounded ghosts, representative of their means of death (e.g. flattened side of face from a fall to death) which is actually funny, and in one aspect assuring to children that they really aren't dead, this was just for fun. the film has lots of talent and very high production values, very enjoyable for the whole family, which is hard to find these days. No more disturbing than any other fairy tale, my 8 year old enjoyed it, highly recommended.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleDee. July 26, 2009

Adult Written byKatster July 10, 2009

Adult Written byKatfrog July 2, 2009

Creative, Imaginative, and Not What You Expect

I decided not to watch this movie in the theaters, due to bad film adverts. But I did watch it on Showtime, and I love it! The story, about how a boy becomes a man on the other side of a mysterious wall, shows how courage, imagination, and a little luck will go a long way. The movie also contains messages of self-acceptance and true love. What stands out the most is the amazing actors and actresses. Everyone becomes so believable, that it's hard to think of them as actors as you watch the movie. I recommend this movie to parents, as well as teenagers.
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009

i loved it

i loved this movie and its a wonderful movie also michelle pfeiffer is a great actress!
Adult Written byoncethrown April 9, 2008

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Extremely creative

I would have to say that this is the most interesting and creatice movie I have ever seen. I really, really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be a dumb romance, but it wasn't. There is really not all that much romance, and what there is is made up for by the great plot. I laughed histerically at Robert DeNiro, and Michelle Pfieffer was great, she did a wonderful job. The killing of animals to tell the future was a bit gross, and the violence was actually quite scary at times, so it's a definite 12 and up movie. This is an extremely enjoyable movie, and great to watch with your kids.