All member reviews for Starship Troopers

Gory, scary, violent sci-fi is too intense for kids.

Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2011

I saw this movie when I was 9 years old.It's not as bad as the rated R movie that are coming out now.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 16, 2011

teen and up

not bad
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

Terrible movie don't bother watching it's a waste of time

This was one of the worst movies i've every seen at one point the blood is orange. The violence people get riped apart limb from limb shoot aliens but only slime comes out (it's green) The sexual content two characters have sex befor a battle sence (i didn't see anything because im 12) but there is a shower scene where breasts are shown no male nudity is seen. They swear almost always.
Teen, 13 years old Written byComedy1234 November 10, 2010

Very good movie, but the gore is absurd.

This is a very well made and entertaining movie. The one con is that I'm 13 and the vast amounts of blood and gore almost made me sick. People are ripped in half there brains and intestines clearly visible while laying in pools of blood. This is one of the only movies that truly deserves the R rating.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2011

star ship troppers!!!!

this film is alright it is gory but it is 1997 it is not as worse as some gory science fiction films today it is for 12 and up it is a very good film but some of the bugs might scare little children
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski August 9, 2012

Not for kids

Not for kids, lots of violence and several topless and nude scenes.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2012

Hmm...

When I was 10, I loved Sci-Fi. My mum recorded it, and I watched it with my sister. I liked it, but skipped tons, because my sister was 8. I watched it again a couple of weeks ago, along with Starship Troopers:Marauder, and liked it even more. It's got gory violence, but not extended scenes. At the end of the day, If your child's a bit of a wimp, don't let them watch it, but mature 10 year olds and up will love it, and it will make them feel old for a bit.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 December 21, 2012

grisly, graphic amazing alien invasion thriller satisfy action fans, but has crappy acting

this masterful, grand, but poorly acted sci-fi epic about humans fighting giant alien bugs has to much gore, blood, and violence for older teens or anyone who is easily grossed out. and, for hardcore film buffs, they will be offput by the god-awful acting and dialouge from the characters. but there is plenty of action to spare. this sci-fi invasion film is packed with wall-to-wall-to-wall military battles against aliens, with lots of blood and gore. although most of it is green, when the humans are killed, red blood flows and other graphic details, such as organs, can be seen. the bugs are shot at, blown up, and in one gross scene, have their probises sliced off. humans are dispacthed by slicing, impaling, decapitating, shooting, blowing up, ripped apart, and even have their brains slowly sucked out of their heads. amongst all the grisly violence are explosions, crashes, space battles, and a VERY disturbing hospital scene. during the non-violent parts, there is full frontal nudity of male and female butts, breasts, and crotches. the language is kept mild, with only use S word and one F word being the worst. people also drink beer and party.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLamalumps09 July 18, 2012

Gory, but sometimes silly in depiction.

This was an excellent movie! While the combat was very gory, with people getting shot, cut apart and mutilated in many ways, it's very fantastical and over exaggerated. Many teens these days have seen violence like this in video games etc, so I think it's fine for 13 plus as long as they don't scare easily to gore.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2013

Awesome!

Great sci-fi movie! I watched this when I was 9 and loved it. The bugs eat and rip apart a lot of people with some gore. The humans blow up the bugs which results in splatters of green blood. There is pg level swearing. There is a shower scene showing naked men and women. There is also one topless sex scene. I would not recommend this to kids under 14
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2013

A Movie I'll See When I'm Older

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, but I'll see this when I'm older
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2014

Possibly one of the Goriest Sci-Fi Movies Out There

Parents need to know that you should not even talk about this movie title in front of kids. They then will want to see it. Don't even consider it. VIOLENCE:
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2013

think about it

there were two topless scenes. there is lots of crude humor. and lots of blood and gore. there is beer. a lot of bad language. since its a war movie there is lots violence. I thinks its 13 up if your kid can handle it. but it is a good movie.