Ridiculous slasher flick. Teens, go elsewhere.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmo_Emmie April 9, 2008

I liked this movie. I mean the first scene is a 3-second flash of a screaming zombie! How more PG-13 could you get? This shouldn't've been rated PG-13; it had a lot of action. I liked this movie though, they all die in the most creative ways. I mean, isn't it awesome to go flipping off a balcony, landing on a chandelier, breaking your neck, and hang on the chandelier like you're on a noose? Yeah, sounds real PG-13 to me. But anyways, I liked it.
Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy April 1, 2012

Cool Movie.

Stay Alive is a Good Slasher Movie FOR OLDER TEENS. I have the unrated version though. But I think It's Too Strong to be RATED: PG-13. I Really Recommend This Movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinKin5 November 1, 2014

The original common sense media tells that this movie's violence has 5/5 for violence. Which is not true. There are scenes that make it look violent but there are never any full views of stabbing etc. there is no sex, except a 5sec clip in the beginning. There are lots of blood scenes but no views of cutting or open wounds. There are 3 uses of sh*t and one use of fu*k. There is one girl who smokes for 5sec but there is hardly any drinking and no drugs. Parents should definitely let their teens watch this if over the age of 11 yrs
Teen, 13 years old Written byImnotateenbutgood September 22, 2012

16+ Very mature for a PG-13!

They should change the rating to R cause it's way scary.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

its a really lame movie...

its fine for kids, its just REALLY lame... I've seen half a million other horror movies better than this- if you want REAL action, watch Plague Town, or Human Centipede!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli December 8, 2010

Loved Loomis. Loved the movie. Hate the Blood.

I saw the movie a couple years ago, and i liked it. I wasnt paying too much attention, though. I was reading a book through the movie. but just recently, a week or two ago, i watched this movie with my younger sister (one year difference) and actually took notice of all of the violence. This still continues to be my fave horror movie, but i was a little upset over the amount of blood. Otherwise, Loomis, (Milo Ventimiglia) was in my perspective, the best character. I am a huge heroes fan, so of course ill love that character, so yeah.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2010

it was ok

i saw a lot of horror when i was 13 and this was one of the ones i saw. the movie is nothing special. the movie was.... ok. i really didn't like the ending and some of the moments are just boring. i wouldn't personally recommend this. its not a bad movie its just not that good. if you're a teen and can't get R rated movie yet go for something like the ring or the grudge over this. if you can get R rated movies go for something like [Rec] over this. 2.5/5 stars
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

Stay Alive

My kid wanted to see this movie for his 8th birthday (go figure), so we did. He must have loved the movie, but I though it was pretty cheesey. The story within the game itself is alright, but the whole real life to video game storyline just doesnt suit a movie well. This might be a good movie for creepy video game fans.
Adult Written bymetoman April 9, 2008

Not A Movie You Want Your Child to see.

A pretty nice movie but not a movie you want your child to see. If you do want to show your 13 or 14 year old child show them the theatrical version of the movie no the directors cut. The directors cut is extremely gory, has very strong language ( F word repeated many times over 30), and a nude scene were it show a womens behind, and a quick glimpse of her breasts. Not a teen movie.
Adult Written byMaGGoT4LIFE April 9, 2008

Honestly..I Thought It Could Have Been Better...I Got Kinda Bored... it Could Have Been more...Gorey... but yeah...thats just me... but was pretty good...
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovies4life April 9, 2008

Interesting plot!

This movie was pretty interesting. It was a different pg-13 horror flick and it gave you some good scares and jumping out of your seat moments. In my opinion this might have been a little bit to much for a pg-13 film(with the way the characters were killed off,)but it kept you awake and wondering what would happen next. I really liked the backround(settings)of where the movie took place.(the creepy house,the torture chamber,and the scary graveyard.)

great horror flick

this is one of the best horror movies ive ever seen csm should have given this a pause
Adult Written byundiscovered_singer April 9, 2008

Horror's Next Big Hit

I loved this movie! I am a big horror fan myself, and have seen almost every recent one, but this is best by far! If you like super-thrilling movies with that horror-gory touch (only a bit!), then SEE THIS MOVIE NOW!
Teen, 14 years old Written byWolfySadamara April 9, 2008

Not Scary at All

Pathetically stupid, with a somewhat unique plot, and unscary jump scenes, its easier to consider a comedy than a horror film. Worth it on a boring night, but dont expect anything great.
Adult Written byTrulyCapricious April 9, 2008

Cute Horror Flick

To answer the above review, it got a PG 13 because there was very little actual violence in the movie and even the virtual violence was pretty tame. This is significantly less gruesome than most action-adventure movies and *way* less gory than most of the video games it emulated. There were depictions of violent death but for the most part the camera just flashed to and away from it, preventing viewers from seeing anything but a bunch of red. When my friends and I saw it, the theater was packed with kids in the 10-15 range and they spent most of the movie screaming and laughing and generally seeming to have fun. The premise is clever and it's fairly well executed. With things like Hostel and Saw II and The Hills Have Eyes out on the market, this is pretty much the only option for kids who want to see a horror flick. Luckily for them, it's not half bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLIL_MAYNE_DA_SICKEST April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

not horrible, not great

It's an average horror movie. The language is much too bad for children to watch it, however. As for scary images, it's simply not that scary. I jumped maybe once the entire time.

an awesome movie.......

Stay Alive is an awesome movie-in my and my friends oppinion anyway. if u r thinkin of watchin the Directors Cut version of this moviehere r some things to consider.Sure its and awesome movie but it uses the swears f--k, b--ch, ba---rd, a--, motherf---er, damn, d-ck and s--t,alot of times. there is also one scene around the beginning where there r 2 people havein sex, and u can c the dude's butt.(lol).later u can also briefly c boobs. So personally, i think it should b 'R'.theres my opinion, and it is A MUST C MOVIE!(sorry for bad spelling and grammer im used 2 MSN, oops, i did it again lol.)
Teen, 16 years old Written bylafs1684 April 9, 2008

It was good

I have the PG-13 version on DVD because I hadn't seen it in the movies and i bought it the first day it came out, so i didnt know if the directors cut had the orginal version so i just got the Pg-13 one and now i regret it. I really want the unrated because the pg-13 version is pretty tame. The only violence and gore for it is mostly in the game and the death scenes they flash away