All member reviews for Steamboy

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Honestly? I would put this right up there with "Princess Mononoke"

I saw this in theatres the day it came out, being a huge manga fan (contributed by the fact that I'm Korean), and was not disappointed in the least. As I said, this movie ranks up there with "Princess Mononoke" and "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind", the two greatest works of anime ever, and also pure anime classics. However, although still manga, the art style is still a bit different than Miyazaki's, so if the only anime you've ever seen is by Miyazaki (though that isn't too bad of a thing), be prepared. Violence was the onyl issue I found in the movie, but wasn't too bad in my humble opinion.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySouranply April 3, 2012

Not a worthy anime...

Besides a minuscule glimpse of blood in one scene, the violence is limited by what would normally be seen in cartoons, even if higher violence is suggested, it isn't shown. Steamboy is by no means inappropriate for children, but it is still a miss as it generally lacks any sort of decent plot, story or message whatsoever. The only thing it has going for it is overpriced visuals.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares May 26, 2009

Mediocre anime film that has an unoriginal plot but plenty of visual treats. It is superior to some of the sappy crap Disney has been releasing over the past 25 years, but it is inferior to the stuff Studio Ghibli is making.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

Oh...my...god

Steamboy is a great anime classic. This is as good as Spirited Away and Metropolis. The only issue is violence, but there's only a little bit of blood, about two seconds. But the violence is still there, so kids under 10 shouldn't watch Steamboy. I think 11 and up is great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoker341 June 16, 2012

Best Anime

This movie is violent but its one of the best anime ever made! Definetly must watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written bykellyfan101 April 9, 2008

A+

This isn't a movie for kids because they might not get all the mecanical names and may be frightened by the voiolence. But for a teen it would be okay or even for a pre-teen.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar August 24, 2012

Not for kids

very violent for kids and kind of slow