All member reviews for Step Up

Clichéd dance movie with some fun moves.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolie96 February 8, 2009

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

This is one of my favorites,I love this movie and I love channing tatum!! You'll like this movie if you like dancing & romance movies
Adult Written byPolly B April 9, 2008

Kinda cliche but still awesome.

I loved the dancing in this movie. The soundtrack is really good. Some of the acting was a little cheesy but it was an all around awesome movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightluver16 February 3, 2010

Great dance movie

I thought this movie was great. I loved Channing Tatum in it! He was a awesome dancer. It showed how good of a connection nora and tyler had in the movie cause they are now married!!
Adult Written byyeahhot April 9, 2008

awesome movie for teenagers!!

this movie was great for kids over 13. i wouldnt recommend that smaller children watch it because of the rating and WHY it was rated PG-13.
Adult Written byagnesmarie April 9, 2008

want to see it again

I loved the music and dancing in this film. It was about going for what you want. Great for teens. Language(don't remember any foul words)and sexual content(kissing) PG. Does have some stuff from bad side of town, but I've seen worse. Well done. Depending on the child...10 yr old could go.
Adult Written byLianny92 April 9, 2008

OMG! AWESOME!!

I really really really loved this movie!!! I'm getting it on DVD like really soon!!! Everyone I know loved this movie!!! It made me laugh at times and made me cry too....It was completely awesome!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2010

Fine for tweens

I must say I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, it was ruined with the predictable storyline. Though I was weeping when Skinny died... The plot was realistic actually - a tough city with crime then a pampered city with rich kids clashing. I must say, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a movie on a rainy day.
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2010

take the time to see it

OMC! channing tatum is sooooo amazing he is an awesome actor! although his best friends brother is shot in a movie and they steal a bunch of car it is still an AMAZING movie. please take the time to see it!
Adult Written byMattDallas3 April 9, 2008

GREAT!

Step up is one of my faveorite movies! It was great. Stop reading this review if you don't want to hear a spoilers. In the movie there are nasty gang members who shoot a child who was not given an age but appeared to be somewhere from 11-13. It is a little bit to real i think for anyone under 11. But my sister my mother and i whent to see it (my sister is 5) and she understood pretty well but some others might not understand as well.
Adult Written byFatness April 9, 2008

A must-see

This movie is great, despite it's predictability. Besides Tatum's good looks and body to look forward to, the movie has you wanting to MOVE - whether or not you're a dancer. The movie has lots of positives, too, like true friendship, family ties, trust, determination, etc. The part where the little guy is killed is the only real downer in the movie, but it helps that it puts a more positive effect on the two older boys' attitudes to life in general. Overall, STEP UP is a movie I'd see again and again.
Adult Written byvickie April 9, 2008

must see for music and dancing

the dancing was great but the male dancer was a little cocky. I preferred the music. I wou;d like to hear more from shiloh monaco. Very unusaul looking but his sound is all his own. He doesn't scream like most of your singers. He is a fresh breath of air.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

GREAT ! ! ! !

This was a very great movie because the way it is made is so real. But what brought it down was the violance.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2015

proves that the 1st movie in the series will always be the best

amazing story with fabulous acting and dancing. did you know that the mains actors (Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan) actually got married and had a child called Everly straight after this movie, lucky Jenna Dewan
Teen, 13 years old Written byettepurple January 12, 2015

really good moive

Has some great dancing, and a bit of romance (my favorite). It does have some violence and is very sad, when someone dies. I saw this movie at my (older) cousins house when I was like 8 or 9, but I do think I should have been older.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySnowman__1632 December 11, 2014

A fun movie

A move about dancing with a bad exalmpe but it is not about that.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2012

Great but age

A massive Car accident, A lot of kissing It should be off for kids 8 & under
Teen, 13 years old Written bySage Uebinger February 18, 2011

Amazing Dance Movie! :)

Great Movie, dances, and characters! A amazing dance movie! Highly recommended! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byhey man 1 September 3, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byNikki Btd July 13, 2010

Great troubled kid gone good movie...

kinnda cliché but still an AWESOME movie i love it. :)
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2009

awesome

besides how tylers bro gets killed they should've included that yeah