Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Storks

Family comedy mixes moments of peril, sweet messages.

Parent Written byRoudy H. April 23, 2017

Mostly uplifting movie-- spoiled by awful Pigeon Toady character

We liked parts of this movie. My kids loved the wolves and were thrilled with the resolution at the end! They also loved the wolves. Several of the characters were quite mean-- the boss, junior at first. Pigeon Toady was the worst-- ruined the movie for my partner and me, can't tell what the kids thought. He was part surfer dude (said Bro a lot), part evil character. This character totally detracted from the movie (and could have been totally cut without affecting the movie at all). It is a good opportunity to talk to kids (again) about where babies come from. Finally, the comments about the gay and single parents on this forum are so so so out of line. This amounted to 3 seconds in the entire movie, and glimpses different people being happy at having a baby is not social commentary and will not affect kids in any way.
Parent Written byKrys T. March 5, 2017

Nice animation, but casually throws in social issues

My kid knows storks don't deliver babies & she is at the very youngest I would say is appropriate to see this movie. Besides having an outrageously unrealistic storyline, even for an animated movie, they casually show same sex couples & so forth, which felt a bit like indoctrination & mainstreaming that image for kids. While my daughter enjoyed the movie--she saw it with her grandma who didn't tell me they were going to see it--I will not buy this one for her. I don't appreciate agenda pushing.

Adult Written byKayla P. February 7, 2017
I think that this was a great movie. It shows the conflict between divided parents, and shows the difficult struggle for children that have to deal with constantly working parents in a way that others can relate to, even having had parents who were able to be around for them more often. Moreover, it also shows parental equality, and the fact that, no matter your situation, no matter your sexuality, anyone is capable of being a fit parent, and deserves the chance to raise and love a child. This movie is filled with good messages, and I absolutely recommend it.

Adult Written byWolf S. September 2, 2017

Amazing film, don't over think it

So after reading the poor negative reviews I thought I would weigh in. Storks was released in 2016 and portrays how Storks no longer deliver babies, to quote Junior when asked by Hunter why they stopped "Because there are so many other ways of getting babies" Now, we live in an age where same sex couples or single women who for some reason or another CAN'T have children can adopt a baby, then the scene at the end when the mentioned get babies delivered to them is NOT wrong, get off your old fashioned high horse and welcome to the new generation or go. You're over thinking what is possibly the best animated film to hit the cinemas in ages, a family friendly film I've watched with my child over and over again. Your child isn't sitting there thinking why two men are getting babies, it's remembering when the wolves went all goo goo eyed when the babies giggled. Now for my review. As mentioned this is a film that can be enjoyed by the entire family, it has the cuteness and harmless jokes that children will either laugh at or glance over, but the adults will simply burst into hysterics about. What turns out to be a selfish story of a stork who just wants to be career driven turns into a story of wanting a family. The moments of peril are easily and safely concluded *SPOILER ALERT*(except the giant machine, bye bye baddie) Done by Warner bro whom are more famous for their DC related Dark animations, I hope this light hearted epic leads the way for more of this style.

Parent Written byMaria H. June 3, 2017

A movie for parents

Great movie that resonates with parents and kids enjoy too. Who doesn't like cute babies and talking animals! Got teary at the ending scene with so many families and babies receiving the best gift of the other. I know that feeling. For those that feel that this parental love should be restricted to only those who merit it by their standards, then here is your disclaimer: skip the movie.

Parent Written byml. January 15, 2017

The movie dragged a bit but it's lovely

I just thought the movie was a little bit slow. If it wasn't for the wolves, I would've fallen asleep. I didn't notice the gay couples and I don't mind either way. The Wolves were a bit scary for little ones. The 10 yo loved the wolves. They thought the movie The trolls was better as they didn't like this as much.
Parent of a 4, 13, and 13 year old Written byMaggieTT February 3, 2017

Sweet and snarky/cynical at the same time -- a weird mix

My daughter just turned 4 and is a pretty seasoned movie watcher (not afraid of any scenes in Moana or any other Disney movie, plus has watched the first Harry Potter movie with older siblings and begged to watch it again). Elements of this movie freaked her out, and I think with good reason. The main villain, a stork who is the boss of a package delivery service, likes to use small round (living) birds as stress relievers in his office, squashing them in his hand or attaching them to a ping pong paddle to smack them over and over again. As mentioned in the other reviews, there's a lot of crashing and smashing and in a climactic scene the bad guy attempts to destroy a building full of thousands of newborn babies using a giant mecha robot suit. There is a LOT of slapstick humor, like the good stork getting his wing feathers all shredded off in a grinder, dislocating his wing, and close to the end, vomiting (with his face not shown) and then saying "sorry about that, I just have so much internal bleeding going on right now" (??!) Then the last section of the movie where everyone but the bad guy gets a happy ending is SO sweet and, if you're a parent, evocative. I shed a tear or two or twenty, I'll admit. I felt like overall this movie was a fail in terms of striking a consistent tone and being appropriate for a kid audience. For sure I do not recommend it for children younger than five.

Adult Written byCh Anna June 30, 2018

Funny and Cute but also some violence

My family aged 4,9, and 11 all enjoyed watching this movie, lots of silly jokes and cute babies. A few scenes worried my youngest child (and me!) - for example when the Boss Stork is shown multiple times inflicting violence on tiny birds (using them as golf balls), and when a seal jumps out of the water to gulp down a penguin whole. The two lead characters engage in violence against each other as part of a secret plan. I thought there were some good points made about work/life balance. Because the movie doesn't feature the "real" source of babies, there isn't any portrayal of pregnancy, birth, newborns, breastfeeding etc, the lead baby is shown being bottle fed and the babies appear to be capable 6 month olds. If only having babies was that easy in real life! So maybe this movie is a good starting point for a discussion about the reality of starting a family and baby care.

Parent of a 4, 8, and 9 year old Written byCarla E. April 6, 2018

Want to see it

Have not yet seen the movie. Reading reviews from other parents i think it is a movie of interest for my family. I like the idea of same sex families in a movie it teaches our children about different types of families and they grow to respect how others live their life and like them for who they are.
Adult Written byWatchfulMomma December 14, 2017

Watch once and forget

My kids did not like the idea of an ego maniac boss who treats a human with such disrespect and distain, to the point of near prison sentence. The same sex couples being snuck in were not sneaky, we had to have an entire discussion over it. The kids were severely confused by why a family would miss someone they had never met, since she was a stork delivery. It made little sense to my kids, that said WHAT?!!

Parent Written byMaria H. June 3, 2017

A movie for parents

Adult Written byMixyplixl February 26, 2017

Blah movie, completely lacks magic

It starts with the storks delivering packages for a big "Amazon-like" company instead of babies, which almost seems like an infomercial for our time, and then goes downhill from there. Completely lacked charm and character development. Given all the great animated movies out there these days, I would give this one a miss.

Adult Written byJade J. July 20, 2018

Um... WHAT?

I loved this movie! And so did the kid I babysit. And also, everyone freaking out over the two second portrayal of the lgbt couples and the single mother: Number One: Single mother’s could have had the father die or be at war, so that’s a non-issue and Two: My kid didn’t even notice either of those things, and she always likes to look for small details in movies. And showing lgbt people is NOT Pressing an “agenda”. That would be if every single couple in the movie was same sex and only one or two were straight. So you really need to calm down and get over your old-fashioned and bigoted homophobia.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bySue B. March 13, 2018
Adult Written byFilm Friend November 26, 2017

Funny

It was probably just the mood I was in that day, but when I went to see this movie in theatres I cried from laughing. The dialogue and comedic timing is perfect. It was just really funny to me because of the stupid jokes and just the way the lines are said.
Adult Written byMyrone G. September 16, 2017
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byHelen E August 25, 2017

A bit too much for the 6 year old. 8 year old loved it.

Adult Written byKatie R. July 28, 2017

Too much violence, destruction and too fast moving for young children.

I watched this movie at local library with my almost 2 year old and 5 year old grand children, trusting the library would pick movies tastefully, a few days ago and for me it was hard to endure - this movie is way too intense and fast moving, violent and full of things, giant buildings etc. being destroyed, way over amped, hard to follow the story line, dragged and I was just waiting for it to be over. I know that kids do not need this kind of sensory bombardment in their lives and it is not healthy. I could barely stand it as an adult. Yes I am sensitive but this really was too much. The gender roles were stereotypical, violent mean men and main character woman was trying to solve relationship problems, nice girl, all the main characters were white, until very end, a few token babies of color and gay parents receiving their babies, but very little diversity in most of the movie. The movie had an inappropriate corporate feel that young children cannot be expected to understand nor should they be subjected to. I regret that I sat through it and allowed my grands to watch this. Nothing good for the environment in this movie, or a message of taking care of things around us, being attentive and respectful.
Adult Written bySydney D. June 10, 2017

Storks is a great movie

It was a great movie my kids loved it alot
Adult Written byReal J. January 25, 2017

Best movie for any ages

This is the best movie written about old poem that make you think about the moment happiness among transportation by a stork. This is comedy and family genre.