Edgy high school comedy from Glee star has some iffy stuff.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesomemustache June 4, 2013

struck by lightning

this movie is good just not for kids. in the movie his moms an alcoholic and always drinking. then when he is blackmailing the other students there is A LOT of sexual content and sex related stuff. they also cuss quite a bit. there is one scene where is yelling and cussing that goes on for a little while. over all I think the movie is pretty good if the right age group watches it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshadowgirl1234 January 11, 2013

Love it!!!!!

I absolutely love this movie! It is brilliantly written by Chris Colfer and has a good message at the end. It's a little sad but in a good way. I would definitely recommend watching this.
Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 March 16, 2013

Good!

the movie is about standing in what you believe in and not falling into the wrong crowd. It's also about not hiding behind certain people to maintain your image or become someone your not. I agree withe the plot line, its full of good role models and at the end of the line it has a positive message to the whole stoy line. The movie has some slow parts but very good ending. There is a lot of cursing but not cursing that any teenager wouldn't use or hear at school. The mother is an addict, being addicted of a prescription drugs and marijuana, there is a scene where the mother is smoking a blunt and puts it out befor her kid sees her, you can tell its marijuana because of the way she is holding it. There is talk of sex but no scene of sex.
Adult Written byMadisonE May 31, 2015

A Movie Every High Schooler NEEDS To See

This became one of those movies that I've heard about but didn't really find a desire to see. It never was that big and even though it was I was in the beginning stages of high school when it came out I never saw the draw. I finally sat down and saw it with a few of my friends and we were in awe. It was easily one the best movies I have ever seen. The writing was funny and the story line was borderline genius. I have never seen a movie so true about high school. It was the honest truth. It wasn't a cookie cutter movie with a happy ending, it's what kids in high school deal with every single day but told in a hysterical format. I would love for every student in high school to see this movie. The older generation doesn't understand since I had my mother sit down and watch it with me (she's a lot older than me) and she could only see it for the darkness but at the end of the day, this is high school. I would watch it a million times if I could. Absolutely genius. I've made everyone I know watch it and they all say the same thing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjade1999 February 9, 2014

Good movie, for a wide range of ages

I thought this was a pretty good movie overall, with a great message. Although some people may have said that there was to much sex related content, i didn't think there was much at all, especially compared to other recent movies aimed at my age group. overall, i would say that this is a great movie for anyone around 12 and above:)
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2013

Depressing

This movie was kind of depressing just because the guy had no luck. There was also sex and the mom smoked. It was a good movie other than that.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2015

Excellent for a Non Rated Movie.

I think this movie was excellently made. It had sort of a sad story line to it. A heavy drinking mother who abused drugs as well as hormonal teenagers leads to an interesting movie ALWAYS. While the boy was blackmailing kids to make the literary magazine, some of the content he used to blackmail included homosexuality as well as Statutory rape (consentual) between the gym teacher and the head cheerleader. The story provides a fascinating look into the minds of someone who was never really raised as a normal child and who had a dream throughout high school. I would highly recommend it for anyone above 10 years old, with parents nearby in the cases of the harder scenes. No one naked or things like that but, it gives off hints as to what was going on.
Adult Written byA.Nony.Mous June 9, 2015

I love it!

My children wanted to watch this movie after loving Chris Colfer on Glee. I have to admit, I didn't expect much. But it's an exciting movie that I think all children, even my 11-year-olds, will love.
Adult Written byoliviae1 January 7, 2015