All member reviews for Struck by Lightning

Edgy high school comedy from Glee star has some iffy stuff.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesomemustache June 4, 2013

struck by lightning

this movie is good just not for kids. in the movie his moms an alcoholic and always drinking. then when he is blackmailing the other students there is A LOT of sexual content and sex related stuff. they also cuss quite a bit. there is one scene where is yelling and cussing that goes on for a little while. over all I think the movie is pretty good if the right age group watches it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshadowgirl1234 January 11, 2013

Love it!!!!!

I absolutely love this movie! It is brilliantly written by Chris Colfer and has a good message at the end. It's a little sad but in a good way. I would definitely recommend watching this.
Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 March 16, 2013

Good!

the movie is about standing in what you believe in and not falling into the wrong crowd. It's also about not hiding behind certain people to maintain your image or become someone your not. I agree withe the plot line, its full of good role models and at the end of the line it has a positive message to the whole stoy line. The movie has some slow parts but very good ending. There is a lot of cursing but not cursing that any teenager wouldn't use or hear at school. The mother is an addict, being addicted of a prescription drugs and marijuana, there is a scene where the mother is smoking a blunt and puts it out befor her kid sees her, you can tell its marijuana because of the way she is holding it. There is talk of sex but no scene of sex.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjade1999 February 9, 2014

Good movie, for a wide range of ages

I thought this was a pretty good movie overall, with a great message. Although some people may have said that there was to much sex related content, i didn't think there was much at all, especially compared to other recent movies aimed at my age group. overall, i would say that this is a great movie for anyone around 12 and above:)
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2013

Depressing

This movie was kind of depressing just because the guy had no luck. There was also sex and the mom smoked. It was a good movie other than that.
Adult Written byoliviae1 January 7, 2015