All member reviews for Sunshine

Teen, 17 years old Written byrobots in disguise April 9, 2008

I real sci fi movie! and kind of original too

I thought this movie was really good. There is nothing in it you wouldn't see or hear in a PG-13 movie except a few F words. It is kind of slow so little kids probably wouldn't like it anyway but for teens it is interesting. I want to own it
Teen, 15 years old Written bydamoviecritic April 9, 2008

An excellant film

Wow. Up until the plot twist in the last quarter of the movie, Sunshine was, in my mind, one of the best Sci-fi movies I had seen in a long time. That is, until the movie turns into a slasher flick and becomes confusing and muddled. The scene that involved ripping the fleswh off of one charactor's arm was particularly over the top. However, this movie highlighted a flaw in the rating system. Because there were a few F bombs dropped, it was given an R rating. Think of it as a violent PG-13.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Sunshine

An awesome movie overall. It's probably not for kids, since it's thematically complex and a bit slow-paced, but teens and up will enjoy themselves. It's visually stunning, entertaining, and often very intense. I also think that this almost could've been PG-13. If one or two violent moments and f-words had been cut, it would've been PG-13, easily.
Teen, 14 years old Written by19_am June 13, 2009

beautiful!!! my favourite sci fi!!! I saw it too young, though!!!

My favourite movie of all time! I'd call it on for 14, cause I saw it at 12 and the only issues were cussing and the (SPOILER ALERT!!!) suicide of Trey, and frozen Harvey... If you think your kid can understand the psychology of the characters' violence and plentiful cussing (f---ing s--t b--ch a--hole), and still get the beautiful story of humanity's greatest sacrifices, then I'd say to let them see it. Under 13- one might get some serious bad vibes. No go.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCRITIC007 December 22, 2010

Beautiful movie but very mature. Dont let young kids watch this
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightfan2459 February 8, 2011

I cant remember exactly what happened as it was a few years ago that i watched this but its was an epic movie it was amazinf ok so there was some swearing but nowadays you cant avoid it so why not watch it in a film lol i no i was probably too young to watch it but it didnt bother me as i was quite mature and could see the difference between real life and fantasy, mature tweens could watch this with supervision from parents
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisschelseadawn April 9, 2008

I loved this movie!

This is probably one of the awsomest movies i've ever scene! its very good. i think everyone should see it!!
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2013

A Movie I'll See When I'm Older

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, but I'll see this when I'm older.