All member reviews for Super 8

Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTim2814 June 10, 2011

Good movie Bad language

Super 8 is a Heavy action flick, but is not all that scary there is some blood but not allot of it. It does however have language that is very inappropriate for anyone to be using such as F__k, S__t, P___y, J____s, D__k, and the like.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Super 8

This was 'Super Gr8'. Abrams kept the storyline too secret, so it has danger in the box office. This is a sci-fi epic, so tons of action violence. There is a disturbing zombie short made by the kids. The characters risk their lives to save each other. Some flirting, a kiss. 1 f***, and multiple uses of other profanity. 7-Eleven (an advertising partner) is seen once. One character says he is 'stoned', and some characters drink beer. This was amazing.
Adult Written bytville June 11, 2011

Fun Film. But plenty of bad language and a couple violent scenes.

Fun summer film that has good child role models. And the bad adults come around in the end. Great acting and story-line. Good movie making. Cons: Swearing is throughout the film; Holy S--t is used a lot by some of the main child characters. And a couple of too gross and violent scenes (like brief glimpse of a monster eating a severed leg...) My ten-year-old enjoyed it, but I think 11 or 12 is a better minimum age.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Super 8 might be "Super Jumpy."

My parents want to take me to this movie when it comes out, but I'm kinda scared to go because of the kids (who are "middle-schooler aged" like me) who say curse words and I'm also scared if I am going to jump out of my seat and it might scare the living daylights out of me. I'm also worried if my bro is going to get scared and also my mom. I worry too much. danypeace10 out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPeteBingTubbs June 11, 2011

Great

I loved it. It was completely, breathtakingly amazing. It is one of my favorite films. Very good story line, and sublime acting from young actors. Its almost impossible not to completely fall in love with this movie.
Parent Written byWill Reviews June 12, 2011

A Great Movie

There is violence, language, and drug reference, but this is still a great movie to take a mature 11 or 12 year old to.
Adult Written bySpartyon June 13, 2011

Super8 was alright not very good

This wasn't my pick of a movie wasn't really scary at all no jump off the chair moments. 8 years in up for this movie which maybe scary for them but for teens & adults it really isn't scary looking for scary this isn't a movie for you. Only see Super8 if you have seen all the other summer movies.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2011

Absolutely going to see it!

The trailer looks fantastic and makes the movie every bit more mysterious because you don't know what has escaped from the train car. Take friends and family to see it with you because some kids at my age are scared of things like this.
Parent of a 7, 9, and 12 year old Written byoakhillsdrive June 12, 2011

"Go get the bar of soap."

My husband and I went to see it alone. I must be totally out of the loop with the way kids talk to each other now days, but the language doesn't fit the time period to me. Maybe I was just way to sheltered, but I never remember any of my friends cussing like that. Even now as an adult I was pretty taken back by how many times the "s" word was used and at least one very big "f" word. It has a good story to it, understand of peoples differences. It's just too bad that I can't take my kids to see it.
Kid, 8 years old June 12, 2011

Super 8 Review

This movie waas very good! I saw it in IMAX with my dad. I am only 8 years old when i saw this. Parents, you better watch out for the language. Yes, there is 1 f**k in the movie. Also, lots of violence, but only 1 moment with some gore. But, there is, I think, too much BLOOD. Yes, I'm only 8, but I've seen more PG-13 MOVIES than just this. Also, some characters drink/like beer. Overall, it's a great movie but to me, language is the big problem.But Warning: not only does this movie scare the life out of kids and teens, it could, very easily, scare a parent at any moment. But otherwise, this is a great movie and you should see it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byaea309 June 12, 2011

What a terrific movie!

There is definitely some language but it's not gratuitous or vulgar like Transformers was. Kept me and my 10 yo son on the edge of my seat and engrossed and invested in the ending. Awesome storytelling! Abrams and Spielberg really nailed this one!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFangslash June 12, 2011

SUPER 8?

I think that Super 8 was a great movie. I'm 13, and for me it had plenty of character depth, good story line, and action. The monster was AWESOME and the GRAPHICS WERE FANTASTIC!! (May be a little too much suspense for the little ones though).There are plenty of funny moments. My ONLY 2 problems with Super 8 were the ending and the language. For me the ending seemed a little too predictable (but it was to be expected). The language was annoying, but not overbearing. A man says "What the f***" as he sees the damage the monster has caused. The teen boys certainly say s***, Jesus, and God alot. OTHERWISE THIS MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN 5 STARS!
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2011

Super 8 review

It's great and very funny. A must-see epic of the summer!
Parent Written byClintD June 11, 2011

Super bomb

The use of the "F" word was a downer for us. My kids did not need to hear it. It ruined the whole movie for us.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover45 June 11, 2011

Super 8 Rview

This movie is indescrible. The plot twists and turns you while making you scream, cry, and laugh. By the end of this film, you will feel for these children and how such an innocent town can be torn apart by a miltiary conspiriacy oh and there is also a monster lol. This film IS the best one of the summer and I know the summer movie season has already started. The plot is great, the action is exciting and the suspense is bone chilling. This is an original movie. ORIGINAL! Not the same old plot recycled by a different setting and characters. This film is super GR8 lol. The movie has a lot of swearing and one f word which is meant to be funny. The violence and suspense plus some drinking and a ton of swearing make this a full throttle PG-13 movie. The main offenders here are the violence and suspense and language. If you are 13 or older you can forget the language and have a jump out of your seat good time. The best movie of the summer. ITS SUPER!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJaneEyre<3 June 13, 2011

REALLY GOOD!

I LOVED it,except for the language. I wish there wasn't so much of it! it's ok IF you know not to repeat it!!! I jumped at 2 parts.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2011

AWSOME...but jumpy!!!

This movie is my favorite movie yet! there is alot of language!!! like bad language that the kids shouldnt say:/...i jumped like 5 times in the movie and im 12!!!it is kinda scary but i bet if you saw this movie you would love it. there is some scary moments, and there is zombies...i highly recomend this movie to kids over 11...BUT ITS SOOOO BEAST!!!!! p.s. my mom said she grinned the whole movie and these highschoolers next to us looked scared also;)!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

Super 8

Best film of the year so far!
Parent Written bybubbmaster June 13, 2011

Awesome iffy on language BUT AWESOME!

Just Saw this movie and it is GREAT! It is very scary though in some parts. Like when the alein jumps out or smashes people (one scene shows a man getting his head smashes and a bloody splatter shows. There is also a boy that makes homemade fireworks (my fav) great acting.But the language probably wasn't as bad as some other movies but i was pretty bad like one use of F (what the f**k) and also d**k pu**y lots of use of s**t and b*t*that's about all but you really should go see it its GREAT
Parent of a 8 year old Written byDocRon June 12, 2011

Great Movie for Young Teens and Adults

Very entertaining movie, and for adults there is lot's of nostalgia for simpler times... and for the first time you saw ET. The violence and threats are never really terror-producing... just fun/scary. Yes, I wish they had not used the F-bomb, but it was in a funny context and the other "swear" words are nothing most kids do not hear at school every day. The film is all about the kids, as it so often is in a Spielberg movie. The last 45 mins. of the movie is less wonderful, focusing on the monster (kind of a let-down when you actually see it) and defeating the crazy Air Force colonel. But overall, a wonderful night at the movies that young teens will cherish.