All member reviews for Super 8

Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byMcLovin2 June 13, 2011

This is not anything like "ET" or "The Goonies".

From the previews you would think this was a kid friendly movie like "ET" or "The Goonies". The PG-13 rating is for extreme violence and may be too graphic for pre-high school kids. I made the mistake of taking my 12 year old and it was a bit too much for her. The monster is not friendly and cute like ET but is downright nasty. You don't see the blood and gore but when it kills violently you know they are very dead.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2011

super 8, a gret movie but still startling and spooky

If you are looking forward to a scary thriller/horror, youwould be dissapointed. If you were loking forward to a well-made sci-fye adventure with some spooky and funny parts, you would love it, there is quite a lot of cursinng, and a small amount of drug use, including a man offering to sell pot to a teenager, but it is all played for laughs. the voilence is thrilling and startling, people got eaten(not graficly showed), blood splatered on the window of a bus when the alien killed a bad guy, and a bloody man, thought to be dead, reached his bloody hand out at the kids, then threatened them with a gun to run away, explosions etc. occur, though no good guys were killed, some footage of a zombie in a video the kids made was slightly disturbing but quite hokey. The kids are loyal to their friends.
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

Super 8

Best film of the year so far!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFangslash June 12, 2011

SUPER 8?

I think that Super 8 was a great movie. I'm 13, and for me it had plenty of character depth, good story line, and action. The monster was AWESOME and the GRAPHICS WERE FANTASTIC!! (May be a little too much suspense for the little ones though).There are plenty of funny moments. My ONLY 2 problems with Super 8 were the ending and the language. For me the ending seemed a little too predictable (but it was to be expected). The language was annoying, but not overbearing. A man says "What the f***" as he sees the damage the monster has caused. The teen boys certainly say s***, Jesus, and God alot. OTHERWISE THIS MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN 5 STARS!
Parent of a 7, 9, and 12 year old Written byoakhillsdrive June 12, 2011

"Go get the bar of soap."

My husband and I went to see it alone. I must be totally out of the loop with the way kids talk to each other now days, but the language doesn't fit the time period to me. Maybe I was just way to sheltered, but I never remember any of my friends cussing like that. Even now as an adult I was pretty taken back by how many times the "s" word was used and at least one very big "f" word. It has a good story to it, understand of peoples differences. It's just too bad that I can't take my kids to see it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byaea309 June 12, 2011

What a terrific movie!

There is definitely some language but it's not gratuitous or vulgar like Transformers was. Kept me and my 10 yo son on the edge of my seat and engrossed and invested in the ending. Awesome storytelling! Abrams and Spielberg really nailed this one!
Kid, 8 years old June 12, 2011

Super 8 Review

This movie waas very good! I saw it in IMAX with my dad. I am only 8 years old when i saw this. Parents, you better watch out for the language. Yes, there is 1 f**k in the movie. Also, lots of violence, but only 1 moment with some gore. But, there is, I think, too much BLOOD. Yes, I'm only 8, but I've seen more PG-13 MOVIES than just this. Also, some characters drink/like beer. Overall, it's a great movie but to me, language is the big problem.But Warning: not only does this movie scare the life out of kids and teens, it could, very easily, scare a parent at any moment. But otherwise, this is a great movie and you should see it.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byDocRon June 12, 2011

Great Movie for Young Teens and Adults

Very entertaining movie, and for adults there is lot's of nostalgia for simpler times... and for the first time you saw ET. The violence and threats are never really terror-producing... just fun/scary. Yes, I wish they had not used the F-bomb, but it was in a funny context and the other "swear" words are nothing most kids do not hear at school every day. The film is all about the kids, as it so often is in a Spielberg movie. The last 45 mins. of the movie is less wonderful, focusing on the monster (kind of a let-down when you actually see it) and defeating the crazy Air Force colonel. But overall, a wonderful night at the movies that young teens will cherish.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover45 June 11, 2011

Super 8 Rview

This movie is indescrible. The plot twists and turns you while making you scream, cry, and laugh. By the end of this film, you will feel for these children and how such an innocent town can be torn apart by a miltiary conspiriacy oh and there is also a monster lol. This film IS the best one of the summer and I know the summer movie season has already started. The plot is great, the action is exciting and the suspense is bone chilling. This is an original movie. ORIGINAL! Not the same old plot recycled by a different setting and characters. This film is super GR8 lol. The movie has a lot of swearing and one f word which is meant to be funny. The violence and suspense plus some drinking and a ton of swearing make this a full throttle PG-13 movie. The main offenders here are the violence and suspense and language. If you are 13 or older you can forget the language and have a jump out of your seat good time. The best movie of the summer. ITS SUPER!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPeteBingTubbs June 11, 2011

Great

I loved it. It was completely, breathtakingly amazing. It is one of my favorite films. Very good story line, and sublime acting from young actors. Its almost impossible not to completely fall in love with this movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2011

Super 8 review

It's great and very funny. A must-see epic of the summer!
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2011

Absolutely going to see it!

The trailer looks fantastic and makes the movie every bit more mysterious because you don't know what has escaped from the train car. Take friends and family to see it with you because some kids at my age are scared of things like this.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Super 8 might be "Super Jumpy."

My parents want to take me to this movie when it comes out, but I'm kinda scared to go because of the kids (who are "middle-schooler aged" like me) who say curse words and I'm also scared if I am going to jump out of my seat and it might scare the living daylights out of me. I'm also worried if my bro is going to get scared and also my mom. I worry too much. danypeace10 out.