All member reviews for Super 8

Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2013

!!!!!!!!!READ THIS FOR ACCURATE IMPORTANT INFO - DO NOT SKIP PAST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The violence and swearing are quite strong, one use of F*** and loads of uses of s*** and one character smokes drugs. The violence is pretty intense with a severed leg being chewed by the alien, and a scene in an overturned bus, where a man is crushed (with no blood) and a man is smooched against some glass (a load of blood).However, the morale of the story is good - it teaches us to let go and move on with our lives even if something bad happens.I am 11 and I love this film!
Kid, 9 years old July 19, 2012

Super 8 is SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCARY,SUSPENSEFUL,FUNNY,&BLOODY.
Parent Written byMerck July 14, 2012

Disappointed mom

I watched this movie with my 11 year old son and was a little disappointed. I enjoyed the plot around the young friends making a movie and sticking together through all of the chaos in town. But the violence, the language, and the alien horror was a bit much for kids.
Educator Written bySTEPHIEGIRL66 June 24, 2012

SUPER 8

COOL WHEN NETFLIX HAS IT ON INSTANT IM GOING TO WATCH IT
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Great Movie

I loved this movie! But it does have violence and some bad language. I hate it when good movies are ruined by bad language. It has a lot of action. Note that there is an alien in it, which might scare some people. This is otherwise, a great movie for teens! Remember that it's PG-13.
Parent Written bydab2008 January 16, 2012

The MPAA ratings need to be consistent.

Given the amount of foul language, and implied violence I was surprised to see that this movie was rated PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjadeybug12 June 19, 2011

Super 8 = Super Scare

I saw Super 8 on Father's Day with my dad and his fiance, and I don't think I'll ever be the same. The language bothered me from the start, and the violence....wow. I was horrifyed by the car crash and the death of Nelec the most. I travel by train a lot, and the giant train explosion didn't comfort me too much. Maybe I'm just a fraidycat, but for all parents out there, make sure you know if your teen can handle it.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2011

super 8, a gret movie but still startling and spooky

If you are looking forward to a scary thriller/horror, youwould be dissapointed. If you were loking forward to a well-made sci-fye adventure with some spooky and funny parts, you would love it, there is quite a lot of cursinng, and a small amount of drug use, including a man offering to sell pot to a teenager, but it is all played for laughs. the voilence is thrilling and startling, people got eaten(not graficly showed), blood splatered on the window of a bus when the alien killed a bad guy, and a bloody man, thought to be dead, reached his bloody hand out at the kids, then threatened them with a gun to run away, explosions etc. occur, though no good guys were killed, some footage of a zombie in a video the kids made was slightly disturbing but quite hokey. The kids are loyal to their friends.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2013

Spielberg delivers another masterpiece

A little scary, intense and really action-packed. Watch for some language and also watch this movie!
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2013

Does anybody nowadays listen to the PG-13 rating?

ONE THING TO NOTE- THIS MOVIE WILL SCARE CHILDREN 9 AND UNDER, HENC THE PG-13 RATING. My MPAA Rating: RATED PG-13 FOR VIOLENCE, BRIEF GRUESOME IMAGES, FREQUENT FRIGHTENING/SUSPENSFUL MOMENTS, PERIL, SENSUAL CONTENT, LANGUAGE, SOME DRUG REFERENCES, AND PERVASIVE SCI-FI ACTION. Very good! The new close encounters!
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2012

great movie

this is a great movie. there are several drug references when a store clerk asks a kid if he wants pot. there is one f*** and a P****. overall it is a great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bystargirl132 June 2, 2012

wonderful sci-fi movie for mature teens.

This is an amazing movie for a family night or sleepover. Just as long as there aren't younger kids present. The movie is very creepy, and there are a few scenes that will make you jump out of your seat. I wouldn't show this to kids that are easily scared or faint of heart. As for the cussing, it isn't really much worse than what your child will hear at school. They say 's--t' 'h--l' 'd--n' countless times. They use 'f--k' once, but when they do use it, it couldn't be at a more appropriate time. What I mean by this is that the character that says this doesn't normally swear often, but when he does in this scene I can't really blame him. I would say that this movie is a must-see for anyone, but especially hard core sci-fi fans.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2012

people being eaten are scary!

My parents rented this movie for us. I was scared when i saw the monster and when it was killing and eating people. there is alot of swearing and violence. my parents thought the pg rating was wrong and should have been 13+.
Parent Written byInfntJest February 20, 2012

Classic Spielberg-style adventure

There are scary moments, but enjoyably tense and exciting, not terrifying - scarier than "ET," not as scary as "Jaws" or "Gremlins." The characters are realistic and appealing, and their strong friendships and bravery are the real focus. My ten-year-old's favorite movie of the year, and a delight for parents who grew up on Spielberg.
Adult Written bychestina121 February 20, 2012

let down

not very good
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2012

Super 8 - not seen yet :(

My dad won't let me see this movie because of the language :( He says I would really like it though, so it must have good role models and positive messages. :)
Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 June 29, 2011

Cute movie! The teens will enjoy it!

I really enjoyed this movie!! It was so much fun! While the kids are middle school aged I don't know how comfortable I would feel letting that age kids watch this movie. There is language, drugs, drinking, and some emotional scenes involving family issues. Teens should have no problem with this movie. I loved the emotion between the characters, and the child actors were AMAZING! Leave it to Spielberg to find the best child actors! I loved the sci fi aspect, and make sure to stay tuned in the credits to see the movie the kids made! It's really cute!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bywickedwich101 June 29, 2011

The best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Super 8 yesterday with me 12 year old best friend I am also 12 and we thought it was to all those people out there who think the cursing is bad ride on the public school bus so as long as your kid goes to public school just allow them to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2011

Not the "Gr8est"

My friend invited me to see this movie with her, and honestly, it wasn't awful. There was a lot of violence, but disagreeing with what Common Sense Media says, I don't think the train crash was that terrifying. There were some scary parts, some funny parts, and some down-right weird parts. Earlier, I texted my friend who didn't reply until I was in the middle of the movie, and she had in fact just gotten out of the movie; and loved it. I, on the other hand, tend to like the cliche romantic comedies. So the movie would be great if you like sci-fi action thrillers, but if those movies aren't for you, I woudln't recommend it.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2011

AWESOME!!!!

THIS MOVIE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! I swear its going to be a classic, best movie out right now. Period.