Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 14, 2012

So good

One of my favorite movies. Parents need to note that there is one f bomb and a character smokes weed
Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

OMG best movie ever, Im 10 it was totally fine, a bit gruesome, but ive watched it 16 times now! My fav movie!!! Some kids see a train wreck caused by... Im not gonna give it away. WATCH IT!!!
Parent Written bymrvoidman March 3, 2012

Who is this movie for? Not kids!

Who is this movie for? Me (42yo) or my kids (13yo)? If it's for me then I'm turned off instantly when cars and light bulbs start turning on and off automatically. How asinine! How old school!. I'm an adult now. How could some insect alien evolve to handle technology like that. Even my kid wouldn't buy that silliness. If the movie was for my kid then they'll have to get rid of all the F*** words and pot talk. Yeah my 13, 10, and 7 year olds know those words but what's the point. Like so many movies, this one aims for the parent and the kid and ends up missing them both. Spielberg was good... a long time ago! My kids were not exposed to the hype of this movie and saw it at a friends house. They came off not liking it much. If you think the Beetles could cut it as a modern band then you'll probably like this movie. For me Spielberg, the Beetles, and Marilyn Monroe belong in the past. If I want nostalgia I'll got rent something from then.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Great Movie

I loved this movie! But it does have violence and some bad language. I hate it when good movies are ruined by bad language. It has a lot of action. Note that there is an alien in it, which might scare some people. This is otherwise, a great movie for teens! Remember that it's PG-13.
Parent Written byInfntJest February 20, 2012

Classic Spielberg-style adventure

There are scary moments, but enjoyably tense and exciting, not terrifying - scarier than "ET," not as scary as "Jaws" or "Gremlins." The characters are realistic and appealing, and their strong friendships and bravery are the real focus. My ten-year-old's favorite movie of the year, and a delight for parents who grew up on Spielberg.
Adult Written bychestina121 February 20, 2012

let down

not very good
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2012

Super 8 - not seen yet :(

My dad won't let me see this movie because of the language :( He says I would really like it though, so it must have good role models and positive messages. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byVeronique148 February 15, 2012

Well...yeah Edit.No.Not worth it anymore.

Okay this next to cloudy with a chance is my fav movie! Im in the right age range to watch this movie.LITTLE ONES DO NOT NEED TO WATCH THIS! NOT EVEN 10 YEAR OLDS!There is A LOAD of swearing in this and in one part the term weed is used BUT gabe's character says "Drugs are soo bad" but still.Not a lot of violence except when alice dad crashes his car and the train crash blood is shown and the alien eats a leg other than that those are prolly the most "violent/grody" parts.Ryan and riley do all the swearing but I have to say riley does the MOST.Elle only cursed twice.Joel,Zach and if I recall Gabe doesnt do any zach was in there here and there but still very well in the film. AGAIN LITTLE KIDS 12 AND UNDER SHOULD NOT WATCH THIS!! but for older kids they would like this :) Edit 9/28/12 OMG I do NOT like this movie anymore.Too much swearing and drug use.Too many useless reasons to swear type of swearing.I say it's for teens 16+ cause this movie is too much.Re edit of star rating 1star.Not worth it anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeyboy70 January 23, 2012

Excellent Spielberg and Abrams team-up

This movie is great!!!! language is iffy but plot is amazing...there are also a good messege that tells you not to do drugs. there is quite a bit of language (most done by the kids) but violence isnt to bad, there is a disturbing train derailment and a blood slatter from an alien attacking a soldier( he deserved it). dont worry the alien isnt scary at all and after the movie all your kids will want to draw it. joe is a great role model. VERY COOL MOVIE!!! you will love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byAhiena7 January 16, 2012

Great Movie

It's great. I see nothing wrong with this movie.It is the best movie I saw in 2011.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 16, 2012

rrezaztuy

Retro Felling, Kids Making Zombie Movies, Incrediable Special Effects in Sci-Fy Thriller
Parent Written bydab2008 January 16, 2012

The MPAA ratings need to be consistent.

Given the amount of foul language, and implied violence I was surprised to see that this movie was rated PG-13.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2012

this stuff is awesome.

Really good! WARNING: LOTS OF LANGUAGE, SOME DRUGS, INTENSE VIOLENCE, RETRO ACTION. (although if you're over 11, that stuff is awesome).
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbbyknowsMovies January 7, 2012

Amazing movie, Good for Mature 11+

They forgot to mention- the alien rips off a person's leg and eats it. (; I LOVE THIS MOVIE IT IS AMAZINGG! It will make you laugh, scream, shreak, and just yell out I LOVE YOU CARRIE!! Haha you'll get that if you see it. I rate it for 11 years old that are mature and up. I was 12 when I saw this. In total, I have seen this 8 times.. Super 8, 8 times. You will never stop loving this film! And I think some of you people are over-protective. You can't hide your kids from what's out there. I'm pretty sure 11+ knows all about that language and drug references. It's not like if they watch it it's going to change them..?
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2012

Wow.

Super 8 is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. It's like a mature version of E.T. Full of action, thrills, and feeling, I laughed, I jumped, and I cried. There is lots of coarse language, especially from the middle schoolers. I think kids can identify with at least one of them. And overall, do NOT pass this up. Dumbest decision you can make.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysuper90fan January 5, 2012

This show could have gotten an R rating only with more sexual behavior

this movie is like my favorite MOVIE!!!!!! but parents definitely need to know that this movie is not for little kids. Violence: (red) A lot of freak-you-out scenes by the villain. A really surprising violent train crash with several explosion's (with kids saying the s word when they are running). The villain smashes people (in a scene you can see blood and guts in a school). The air-force arrest the main characters which will unsettle little kids. And it looks like alice is gonna die since she got captured by that monster and the main characters are gonna save here by breaking into the school and arrested by the air-force base. Sex (green) Joe and alice flirt and the main character goes in a bathtub (no nudity is shown). Language (red) exactly what the language is supposed to be for a teen-movie one use of the word f--k including several uses of s--t a--hole a couple uses of son of a b---h others include h--l a-- d--n dumb a-s j---s. Alcohol/smoking/tobacco (yellow) a lot of drinking and smoking even at bars slices dad drinks and smokes. My rating (could have been an R) PG-13 for intense sequences of sic-fi action violence and frightening images, language and brief drug use.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Super8

sci fy thriller about kids making zombies movies makes the target.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSocialNetwork January 1, 2012

Super 8 = AMAZING!

This movie was so good! I saw it in IMAX with my friend and she said it was her new favourite. Joe Lamb (Joel Courtney) is an excellent role model. The monster was fantastic; one of J.J. Abrams's best. You would be a fool to miss out on this one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 December 31, 2011

Great amazing movie but language is pretty bad.

Abrams has delivered one outstanding film from start to finish. With outstanding acting and suspenseful scenes Super 8 is a must see, but just because its a great movie does not mean everyone should see this. It has some pretty bad language and probably has the worse language in any PG-13 movie I have seen which is a shame and to make things worse the majority of the language is used from the teens. But despite the language, there is a great movie here. It never gets boring and has some really good messages to learn in the end. I loved this movie and it really blew me away but I just wish the language was not used as much its used. But please still see the movie. Its worth it and I think a 13 year old and up is the best age suited for this film.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011