All member reviews for Super 8

Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Parent Written bydab2008 January 16, 2012

The MPAA ratings need to be consistent.

Given the amount of foul language, and implied violence I was surprised to see that this movie was rated PG-13.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2012

this stuff is awesome.

Really good! WARNING: LOTS OF LANGUAGE, SOME DRUGS, INTENSE VIOLENCE, RETRO ACTION. (although if you're over 11, that stuff is awesome).
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbbyknowsMovies January 7, 2012

Amazing movie, Good for Mature 11+

They forgot to mention- the alien rips off a person's leg and eats it. (; I LOVE THIS MOVIE IT IS AMAZINGG! It will make you laugh, scream, shreak, and just yell out I LOVE YOU CARRIE!! Haha you'll get that if you see it. I rate it for 11 years old that are mature and up. I was 12 when I saw this. In total, I have seen this 8 times.. Super 8, 8 times. You will never stop loving this film! And I think some of you people are over-protective. You can't hide your kids from what's out there. I'm pretty sure 11+ knows all about that language and drug references. It's not like if they watch it it's going to change them..?
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2012

Wow.

Super 8 is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. It's like a mature version of E.T. Full of action, thrills, and feeling, I laughed, I jumped, and I cried. There is lots of coarse language, especially from the middle schoolers. I think kids can identify with at least one of them. And overall, do NOT pass this up. Dumbest decision you can make.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysuper90fan January 5, 2012

This show could have gotten an R rating only with more sexual behavior

this movie is like my favorite MOVIE!!!!!! but parents definitely need to know that this movie is not for little kids. Violence: (red) A lot of freak-you-out scenes by the villain. A really surprising violent train crash with several explosion's (with kids saying the s word when they are running). The villain smashes people (in a scene you can see blood and guts in a school). The air-force arrest the main characters which will unsettle little kids. And it looks like alice is gonna die since she got captured by that monster and the main characters are gonna save here by breaking into the school and arrested by the air-force base. Sex (green) Joe and alice flirt and the main character goes in a bathtub (no nudity is shown). Language (red) exactly what the language is supposed to be for a teen-movie one use of the word f--k including several uses of s--t a--hole a couple uses of son of a b---h others include h--l a-- d--n dumb a-s j---s. Alcohol/smoking/tobacco (yellow) a lot of drinking and smoking even at bars slices dad drinks and smokes. My rating (could have been an R) PG-13 for intense sequences of sic-fi action violence and frightening images, language and brief drug use.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Super8

sci fy thriller about kids making zombies movies makes the target.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSocialNetwork January 1, 2012

Super 8 = AMAZING!

This movie was so good! I saw it in IMAX with my friend and she said it was her new favourite. Joe Lamb (Joel Courtney) is an excellent role model. The monster was fantastic; one of J.J. Abrams's best. You would be a fool to miss out on this one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 December 31, 2011

Great amazing movie but language is pretty bad.

Abrams has delivered one outstanding film from start to finish. With outstanding acting and suspenseful scenes Super 8 is a must see, but just because its a great movie does not mean everyone should see this. It has some pretty bad language and probably has the worse language in any PG-13 movie I have seen which is a shame and to make things worse the majority of the language is used from the teens. But despite the language, there is a great movie here. It never gets boring and has some really good messages to learn in the end. I loved this movie and it really blew me away but I just wish the language was not used as much its used. But please still see the movie. Its worth it and I think a 13 year old and up is the best age suited for this film.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

aswome

Kid, 8 years old December 27, 2011

Super 8

A good and blasted creepy movie. Also a use of f--k that didn't need to be in there.
Parent Written byTrippple Threattt December 23, 2011

PG13 has a new meaning for Speilberg movies.

PG13 Made me think Goonies language and Jurrasic Park violence. My 9yr old has seen both. I was shocked and disappointed in Speilberg for allowing the F-bomb. And upset with myself for not previewing it.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2011

11 up maybe..........

Um.......WOW! What a movie. For starters this movie was really well put together. I think Spielberg did a fantastic job on this movie, and honestly there was NOT alot of "iffy" content for kids 11 and up. It is not very violent at all, all the violence includes an older man head, with alot of blood on it, bodies hanging by the ceiling fully clothed, and no blood, and as far as the language goes there is alot of it used by the middle school kids, but the big f word is only used once, and by an older teenager (16-17). So yes, there is a good amount of language, but if your kid is mature enough to know not to copy them then he should be relatively fine seeing it. Drugs, and drinking is not a main issue, the camera guy at the store does ask the kid's if they want to buy pot, but the kids say no, and the camera guy does not pressure them anymore, there are scenes of men drinking beer at a table calmly, and a guy drinking beer while being a little "high". Also there is a scene where the guy driving the kid's in the middle of a disaster does admit being "high", and is a little drunk on the road, nothing else really. The main thing about Super 8 is knowing your kid's maturity levels, example of not ready: Scared of dead bodies, blood, suspense, or not mature enough to not "copycat" bad words, and not mature enogh to realize the consequences of digesting, and/or distributing them. Example of ready: Not scared of dead bodies, blood etc. undestands the consequences of taking drugs, and distributing them, and does not feel pressured to, or want to start saying bad words. All in all AWESOME MOVIE, but make sure to know your kids progress in the journey of tween, and teenage maturity.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 December 18, 2011

Super good

this movie was really good its a mix of scfi and horror loved it
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2011

Amazing movie Horrible language

amazing movie, the only issue is the language, nothing really scary
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrayoc December 14, 2011

Language!

This game has LOADS of language. Enough to make parents uncomfortable. There are also a couple of pretty violent scenes that I wouldn't show to anyone bellow 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDancer2257 December 11, 2011

Great Movie that will keep you Guessing!

Great movie! Very interesting theme that will keep you guessing! Amazing actors and actresses, but lots of violence and bad language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng December 3, 2011

Doesn't live up to hype

Super 8 was not as good as I expected it to be. It was very cliched, and somewhat boring at times. It's worth a rental, I guess. Expect violence including the alien squashing people, dragging them away, an explosive, frightening train accident, and lots of explosions. There is swearing and a character is seen smoking a joint. Suggested MPAA rating: PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence, frightening sequences, language and some drug use
Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2011

mature 9 year olds and up

tells you about forgiveness which is a good thing. but the monster is scary and there is loooooooootttttttttttts of language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Awesome Sci-Fi Film

Super 8 is a fantastic film. The boys were set on saving Alice when she was captured, while the city is being attacked. There is a lot of swearing mostly by the teenage boys and violence. I recommend this movie to teenagers, thirteen and up.
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2011

Wonderful Movie!

Super 8 was a fantastic movie with a wonderful message at the end. If you know a lot of suggestive language and are okay with it, then this movie is a must see for mature kids and adults everywhere!