All member reviews for Super 8

Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 6, 2011

Absolutely fantastic movie is perfect for teens, iffy for tween's

I think that many young children, tween's and teens love being scared in movies. I know I do. While super 8 isn't something that I would recommend that most children under 14 should watch, I should still admit that I think that many teens will love the heck out of this movie, with the easy to relate to characters, setting and great special effects that even actually gave me a few good scares, which makes it all the more worth it. Really, I think that this is, so far, the best movie that i have seen all year. Teens and up should certainly check out this masterpiece.
Adult Written byFearlessmaster September 4, 2011

Two Words

Simply EPIC!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2011

Scary, Funny, AMAZING MOVIE! * * * * *5 Starz* * * * *

haz 1 use of the f-bomb & sh-t head, several uses of s--t, bulls--t, as-hol-, b---h, p---y, douc--bag, d--k, h--l, a-s, d-mn, dumba-s, idiot stupid "o my god!" "JESUS!" some blood and a decent amount of drug use: one of the clerks iz almost alwayz drunk/high, and at one point asks a 13 year old if he would like to buy some "pot." overall: * * * * * (im only 11, i saw it by myself and waz pretty shocked. i thought it would be more appropriate. one of the funniest movies ive ever seen, along with scariest. i wouldnt reccomend it for an 11 like me. but it waz still pretty good. my second fav behing "Avatar"
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2011

SUPER 8

This movie was exceptional! I jumped 5 or 6 times in my seat while wathing it. It is positively in my top ten list. There is a lot of language and a tad of violence, but it has good role models too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Family Movie?

It's always hard to rate a movie that's scary and heart-pounding with kids as the main characters. I DO have to say that it would be a good family movie if there weren't so much cussing and briefly violent images.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

SCARY

Warning this movie is scary but very good a little language like p****y,s**t face,f**k,da*n, and h*ll but wait till it comes out on DVD do not see it in theaters!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnoleflash August 23, 2011

GREAT MOVIE

I LOVED THIS MOVIE. SO GOOD.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2011

Too much language!

Good film. Though there's too much bad language and alot of moments that make you jump. Also there is a scene where blood comes from a zombies mouth which some people may find disturbing
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2011

Great!!!

I think it was one of the best movies i have ever seen though the kid did use bad words.I thought it was a pretty good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatsaremyfriends August 16, 2011

There's a hole in the house!

This was a great movie! It was thrilling and funny (if you saw the end credits, you know why I say funny). It was scary, but not too much. I recommend it to all of my friends.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2011

Super 8 is super scary!

I wanted to see this and my mum and dad thought it was like E.T.but it was more like E.T when he's grown teath and had a groth spert. But I thought the plot was good,fantastic acting from kids and adults and the ending was lovley. JJ abrams is a great director
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoverNumber101 August 9, 2011

Good for teens, not good for tweens...

I would so not take kids under 13 to see it. My mom convinced my 10 year old sister to go and she was terrified. She hated the movie and hid in my mom. She isn't a person who gets scared that easily though, yet she was ghostly pale by it. I on the other hand get scared easily and this just gave me a chill down my spin. Because its Sci-Fic I knew it was probably never going to happen so I wasn't to scared. But it does have things blowing up, people getting taken, drugs, cursing, and death in Joe's family. All in all this is an amazing movie but not for young kids, even tweens.
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2011

Bad words BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The movie was good but the f word was a damper in my mood. They screw up movies like this the same way.
Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2011

Ah

So scary and langwich is so bad f word is spooking bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJOELCOURTNEYFAN <3 August 2, 2011

AMAZING MOVIE &lt;3

I am 13 and I loved this movie so much! It was a very well done sic-fi thriller..it kept me pretty much at the edge of my seat the whole movie. All the kids were very good actors and Abrams and Spielberg did an amazing job with the movie. I was just blown away at the fact that this movie had a VERY low romance level..the "worst" that happened was 1 hand hold and a tiny kiss on the neck! Super 8 did have quite a bit of swearing for a pg-13 but thats the only down side of this movie and you have to realize thats reality..kids swear. About the violence and gore..there was not a lot and when was there was any it would be shown for a couple brief seconds, and the short zombie film the kids filmed..was clearly made for a comedic effect. I did however find it very intense, but thats what keeps you at the edge of your seat..you never know what will happen next. All and all I found the movie very good and is defiantly worth it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byArtpig August 1, 2011

Super 8

It's a fun movie, but can use a lot of language
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2011

BEST MOVIE OF THE SUMMER!!!

This movie was sooooo good. Me and my 10 year old cousin went to see it in IMAX by ourselves and we loved it. Great movie overall, but if you don't like things popping out of nowhere get it on DVD. The movie was funny and scary. One f word. The monster would come out of nowhere and get people. The ending was great. Great movie overall. But not anyone older than 12
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2011

Good directing, bad storyline.

This movie, though very well directed, didn't really have a good story line. Well, the ending was too short and there were lose ends tat weren't tied up (like all of the dogs running away). The violence wasn't too bad for me, but the sudden loud noises were. Kids of that age do swear a lot IRL, but in the movie, they used bad words to an extent where it was almost annoying. I don't recomend seeing it, but boys, who really don't care about the story line and love action, might like it.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2011

come on it is rated pg 13

super 8 is super gr8 come on clintd dont act like your kids havent heard you say F*** and S*** and your the role model here. you probably saw the review saw the rating which is pg13 common sense here if you have kids they are not tweens and teens which is what the movie is rated for. your kids are gonna hear it someday anyway. but over all a real great movie kissing not really that bad cussing yeah pg 13 fighting movie is about aleins and kids saving people from aleins so yeah there is violience like every other alein movie besides planet 51. i rated ten but possibly 9 or 8 i went to the drive in with another 11 year old a 7 year old two 5yearolds , 4 year old and 2 year old plus a ccouple of adults not a ruined movie a pg13 movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

Pretty Good

I enjoyed this movie. I didn't expect the f- bomb. But what can you do? Anyway, the plot was very interesting. It was about this monster who was basically destroying the town. It had good role models because the main character's mother had passed on and he was being strong about it and not letting it ruin his life. The train crash scene was really gory because there was one character with blood everywhere. And then, the kids recognized him and he talked to them in a deep scary voice. I'd say 11+. There are a few things that pop up out of nowhere. Overall, the movie was good. I will try to see more of this director's movies.