Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bythesavants08 June 29, 2011

Cute movie! The teens will enjoy it!

I really enjoyed this movie!! It was so much fun! While the kids are middle school aged I don't know how comfortable I would feel letting that age kids watch this movie. There is language, drugs, drinking, and some emotional scenes involving family issues. Teens should have no problem with this movie. I loved the emotion between the characters, and the child actors were AMAZING! Leave it to Spielberg to find the best child actors! I loved the sci fi aspect, and make sure to stay tuned in the credits to see the movie the kids made! It's really cute!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bywickedwich101 June 29, 2011

The best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Super 8 yesterday with me 12 year old best friend I am also 12 and we thought it was to all those people out there who think the cursing is bad ride on the public school bus so as long as your kid goes to public school just allow them to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2011

So-So

I am very excited to see Super 8. I did see the trailer. I had found it very intense and scary. I am pretty afraid of having nightmares and not able to sleep at night of thinking of what might happen to me just like in the movie. I had realized this because it seemed very realistic, and in reality (it is rare) it could happen.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysbd658 June 28, 2011

Must See!

This movie is great! Action-packed and thrilling, I had a great time watching it with my son!
Teen, 13 years old Written byorangetiger June 26, 2011

PG-13!?!?

I went to this movie hoping to see something good. But, unfortunately, there was TOO much violence. I plugged my ears several times. There was also a scene where you saw several people hanging upside down and a guy in a bloody car crash with a gun. There was also HORRIBLE language and talks about drugs.
Kid, 10 years old June 26, 2011

A MUST-SEE FILM

Just saw this movie with my dad and it was FANTASTIC! It is now my top favorite movie, no question. Parents need to know, though, that it could definitely make a child tinkle a little in their pants. There is a very frightening-looking alien that smashes people and murders them. In one scene, the alien is chasing three kids and two adults and manages to grab the adults and eats them (I think. It at least kills them). For me, there were only about 2 or 3 jump-out-of-your-seat moments, but that's probably because I can usually anticipate the surprise. However, for most people, there were probably… 6, 7? jump-out-of-your-seat moments. The language is also something to think about. There was a "p" word that I've never heard but guess is really bad. "S**t" is used a lot, and one guy let's out the "F" bomb after an alien attacks a bus. Plus, the main character's (Joe) dad calls Joe's friend's dad a "son of a b*tch". But in the end, Joe's dad thinks differently of the guy, and sees the good in him. Don't go thinking this movie is full of terrible people, it's got great role models. Joe cares a lot about his friends, especially Alice, who in the beginning doesn't like him because he's the deputy's kid. But they learn to like each other, even have heart-to-heart talks. When the town had an evacuation, Joe convinces his friends to go back to help find Alice. The movie's plot was a bit confusing it to me; My dad had to explain it to me after. But it was a awesome movie, and if your kid(s) are too young to see it, parents can go see it now and let their kids see it when they're ready.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfox10145 June 25, 2011

Exciting mystery with great story.

A few of my friends and I(13 years old) went to see this movie in theater. This suspense/mystery is a must see for anyone who wants an original, exiting, but not without its funny moment. The mystery gave only subtle hints and kept me wondering. Strong language is used by middle-school aged children and drugs are used by a minor character. There are several "jumpy" moments that might scare some kids, but blood is kept to a minimum. With a moral of using communication to solve problems rather than violence, I would highly recommend this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilenee. June 25, 2011

great movie!

i think that this is one of the best movies i've ever seen :D it's exciting, on almost every part. I'm so glad that i got to watch this. its a must see
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg June 25, 2011

dissapointing

Its ok but a bit confusing... I still dont understand the whole movie. Quite dissapointing.... One of their friends like blowing stuff up and there is bad language if your kid knows whats bad and whats good it should be fine.
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2011

Super 8's Super Great

Amazing the best movie off the 2000's
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusiclover:) June 24, 2011

definetly worth it!

AMAZING! the acting was fantastic, great story, everything. i get scared so so so easily and it didn't scare me at all. there is a LOT of language but it's mostly during action scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySecretAgentPalin June 22, 2011

Brilliant Premise, decent movie.

This movie is definitely worth seeing if you like action or sci-fi. There's also quite a bit of suspense in this movie as well. It isn't really nightmare material, but it is quite scary in the moment. Although the violence and suspense is at a high level, the main issue is the language used. If your kid doesn't get that he or she isn't allowed to say certain words, this movie won't help. Especially because it's mostly KIDS uttering obscenities.
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 June 22, 2011

Really awesome, scary for kids

I'm 13, I saw this movie and loved it. I'm easily scared, but I gotta say, this movie might make you scream/squeal a few times. There is heavy violence, and kids are in peril. The monster/alien thing also might scare younger kids. Joe's friends also cuss plenty, using "sh*t", "p**sy", "**shole", etc. which might make it seem okay for 13 yr olds to cuss. Overall, it's a really entertaining and cool movie but the violence is intense and there are frightening scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarkArcher64 June 22, 2011

Cool Movie has Startaling Moments

I went to this this movie and it wasent what I expected. There is one alien in the movie which keeps killing people and is seen multiple times. Lots of bloodshed but most of the violence is quick, but will starlte ytou. The teens in the movie swear a ton and one adult drops the F-bomb once. One teenage girl keeps asking her parents if she can wear revealing clothes, and one character passes out after a ton of drugs. But the drugs aren't seen on-screen. Its defenitly a movie that you should stop and think about before going to see it.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

Best Movie ever!

I loved this movie! it is actually the best I've ever seen. Sure there's a lot of violence and swearing but that's what makes this movie good. It all fits in together. This is like a mixture of E.T., The Goonies, and some scary movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byunderdawg June 20, 2011

it was pretty good but not great

super 8 is a great movie for tweens but not for children younger than 9 because it can be scary and there is a lot of violince and cussing and they drink alchohalic beverages in some parts.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2011

LOVE IT!!!!!

Great but overuse of cuss words. If u don't think it's good for kids ur crazy! Love it!!
Parent Written byPinkladykari June 20, 2011

Good Movie

We brought my 9 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter to see it. I was a little leary, but they were fine. My daughter loved it. There were a few scenes that made us jump, but she laughed at them. My son covered his ears a lot because of the loudness, but otherwise, he really liked it. The movie was scary, but not gorry.
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

Great movie

It was a great movie. I'm 12, and it was completely fine for me, but I'm not near as squeamish or anything as almost any kids my age. There was a lot of suspense and excitement, and a lot of violence. Most of it, not so bad, but my favorite scene was the one with the train crash. It seems to start as a carefree moment, they're filming a home-made zombie movie, and a train goes by. But, then, a pickup truck drives onto the tracks and right into the train. It seems a little overkill, I mean, how could a pickup truck make a 20-car-or-so train literally fall to pieces? But, in theaters, the sounds with screeching and explosions literally had me holding my breath throughout the crash, to the end when pieces were falling from the sky. So, as I said earlier that I'm better handling this than most kids my age, you might want to comfort your children around this scene ages 10-12, or maybe you may wait until it comes out on DVD. But, as always, I don't know your children as good as you do, so it's on a case-by-case basis. I didn't have language as an issue. Most of you parents may not know, but children in late elementary school, and especially middle school, seem to curse a lot more than you think. In 6th grade, I honestly hear worse than what was in this movie, in just half an hour at school. But, if you think it's different, so be it. They loosely used d*ck, a**, a**hole, dumba**, sh*t, d*mn, and h*ll. Almost only, actually, in carefree moments, when you'd expect they'd use those before throwing up when in real danger, but they didn't at all. However, one kid did throw up twice. They also used f*ck once, Which I will explain with drugs. There's a lot of smoking in the movie, but other than that, just about all the drugs were consumed by an older teenager that worked at the camera shop. He tried to sell the kids marijuana, and then was high so he couldn't drive, so one of the ~12-13 year olds drove. He then used their f*ck word while he was high, when in my opinion, they should've used it after the train crash, or in a scene where the main character was having an intense argument with his dad. So, it was a great movie, especially with suspense, but the major things were the train crash scene, someone smoking marijuana, and a single use of the F word.
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

A great movie!

Super 8 is really a great movie. It has a positive message, the kids worked together and solved a problem that even the adults couldn't solve. The kids all have good things about them, they are loyal to there friends and Joe is very kind. It is violent though, the train explodes, there's a monster destroying things, and one scene where a teacher is badly hurt. There are cuss words used a lot in the movie. There is one character as well who asks one of the kids if they would wanna buy pot and later is scene smoking a joint and admits that he's high. Even though there are some innipropriate things, Super 8 is worth seeing.