Teens save town in action-heavy sci-fi film with retro feel.

Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Super 8

This was 'Super Gr8'. Abrams kept the storyline too secret, so it has danger in the box office. This is a sci-fi epic, so tons of action violence. There is a disturbing zombie short made by the kids. The characters risk their lives to save each other. Some flirting, a kiss. 1 f***, and multiple uses of other profanity. 7-Eleven (an advertising partner) is seen once. One character says he is 'stoned', and some characters drink beer. This was amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTim2814 June 10, 2011

Good movie Bad language

Super 8 is a Heavy action flick, but is not all that scary there is some blood but not allot of it. It does however have language that is very inappropriate for anyone to be using such as F__k, S__t, P___y, J____s, D__k, and the like.
Adult Written bytville June 11, 2011

Fun Film. But plenty of bad language and a couple violent scenes.

Fun summer film that has good child role models. And the bad adults come around in the end. Great acting and story-line. Good movie making. Cons: Swearing is throughout the film; Holy S--t is used a lot by some of the main child characters. And a couple of too gross and violent scenes (like brief glimpse of a monster eating a severed leg...) My ten-year-old enjoyed it, but I think 11 or 12 is a better minimum age.
Parent Written byClintD June 11, 2011

Super bomb

The use of the "F" word was a downer for us. My kids did not need to hear it. It ruined the whole movie for us.
Parent Written byWill Reviews June 12, 2011

A Great Movie

There is violence, language, and drug reference, but this is still a great movie to take a mature 11 or 12 year old to.
Adult Written bymasonb1 October 12, 2015

This is my favorite! I love it so much! Language a bit bad

I love this movie so much! It's my favorite movie directed by my favorite director j.j Abrams! Good for kids 12 and up. 1 fu** and a few other words. Swearing is a bit bad but everything else is good.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byamyo22 September 17, 2015

Hits most of possible nightmare material for kids

This is not for kids at all. Spoiler alert- don't read on if you do plan to watch but DO screen ahead of time if you plan to have kids watch (which I don't recommend... redundant, but worth repeating). Scary monster grabbing and eating people, alcoholic parent verbally abusing child, gore galore, another parent has died in a messy accident (not shown, thank goodness, but talked about) prior to start of movie, giant train wreck... really a lot of nightmare fuel here.
Parent Written bycoolkid007 September 4, 2013

not for kids under 13

It contains a redeemable plot in the end although therenis aton of language from kids including an f-word also it is very intense. The whole train accident scene was impossible especially with survivors there is also some drug content
Adult Written byVirtuous Gamer November 26, 2011

Immoral Film

This is definitely not for children. It is filled with language which is not for ANYONE to use. It also has obvious and profound drug references, and it has sensual references which are (in any case whatsoever) unnecessary. Do not see this film. I truthfully and utterly regret seeing it.
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Movie Ever! But plenty of scary parts- The mom dies, they don't show it, the dad arrests someone that in a way caused the mother's death, a major train wreck, a ball twists around and shoots through the wall, at a gas station, the alien squishes a police car and grabs a worker, lights go on and off all the time, the army starts a fire, they watch a scary tape showing the alien, gory zombie videos, explosions, the alien is spotted from a graveyard, the alien tips over a bus and kills a bunch of men, they go into the aliens hole to get Alice back (and the alien also is shown taking Alice) and still more. But that makes it the great movie it is.
Parent Written byMoviesAlright June 28, 2011

HIP HIP HORAY!

There is one person tht says some launguage and another kid says launguage tht my kid can NOT use!!! And very violent but overall I give it a 5 stars!
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2015

Lots of swearing, lots of violence.

lots of swearin, lots of violence, but overall good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byOfficegeek October 16, 2016

So suspenful and so sweet!

So cute. While the crew is out trying to figure out what is happening, the young boy and girl are experiencing some sweet puppy love. Almost of the profanity come from the young teenage boys. Mostly the s- words are said by the teens. One f-word is said by a young adult who is high, but he says it in a humorous way. The alien is scary throughout, but finally turns out to be a normal creature that just wants to go home. This is a really well made film and your child is most certainly ready to see this if they can handle a lot of cursing.
Adult Written byMasterCrafter 9001 September 24, 2016

Amazing

I highly recommend watching this! MY favourite movie ever! It doesn't matter if your 10 to 50 years old, you'll love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheGirlWhoCouldFly August 6, 2016

Quite scary !

It was an amazing film , and a great production, however definitely not suitable for young children. A lot of violence and the train scene at the beginning was violent and destructive. Quite a few scary scenes throughout and the monster himself was pretty terrifying. I was watching the film with a younger sibling and there were scared. Overall a really interesting and entertaining film, but scary at the same time . I would recommend it to children who are not scared easliy.
Kid, 9 years old July 27, 2016

Super 8 is a must see movie

Super 8 includes a massive alien monster that will eat anyone, but when a group of teenagers are making a movie, they realise something. One scene in this film includes extremely tense music and some shots of a man frozen with a lot of blood that will disturb children under 9. Watch out for some scenes on the ground are very violent and it is harsh what the effects do to the kids.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2016
Super 8 is a really good suspense movie, but it is a little scary . And I think it has a medium amount of action.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBanzaiwashout March 7, 2016

One thing wrong with this film.

Vomit. A film that vomits twice and has absolutely nothing to do with the plot is useless. If it would've just been once it would've been 5/5. But twice is too much.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIrdray2019 December 23, 2015

Good storyline, for mature children

This movie was enjoyable and exciting, but for mature kids. It's filled with multiple uses of s**t and a**hole and some f**k, p***y, d**k, b**ch and the like. There are some scary moments for younger/immature viewers; some blood, and lots of violence. There is shooting, explosions, and heavy, heavy drug references, uses, and offers. There are a few sex references, but not too much.
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2015

Watch it with your kids.

I was scared to watch this movie for a long time because of the rating PG13. I ended up watching it with a friend late at night and overall, it is not too scary for 12+ but has several jump scares. It has a lot of cussing in it but is overall a great mystery movie with a few scares. I would say watch it with your kids and not at night.