Violent cartoon spinoff with classic superhero.

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byJandAsmom August 8, 2009

Good film but not for young children.

A good story but a little too violent for younger kids.
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants February 17, 2011

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey violenet but awsome

Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2015

Superman's death might shock younger and/or more sensitive viewers

What parents need to know is that in this movie; Superman dies ( he comes back to life later in the movie) and while he gets beat up by Doomsday, a large amount of blood drips from his mouth. Before Superman's big fight with Doomsday, Doomsday murders the workers that discover him, a puppy, the puppie's owner, and a truck driver. Doomsday can be very freighting to younger viewers. I'd give violence 6/10, language 3/10 ( " hell " used; but Perry White says " ass" on more than one occasion; perhaps you could find a few other mild profanities) sex 2/10 ( Superman kisses Lois Lane a couple times. Lois Lane kisses Lex Luthor so she could inject a tranquilizer in him) Drinking, Drugs, and Smoking 2/10 ( Perry White drinks liquor on at least one occasion). If you like a deep movie with lots of action, I think you should watch this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Violent movie.

This is a really violent movie. Heck, Supes even vomits blood. This film was pretty edgy.
Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2016

Good movie, but too scary for younger kids

I think this is a good movie with exciting action. Even though it's animated, it is fairly violent and best for older kids. The fighting has some cartoonish parts, but there is also some blood. In one scene, Superman spits out blood, which some viewers may not like. Viewers will find a complex plot, which is found out near the end. Language is infrequent, but it includes 2 uses of the H word, 2 uses of the A word, 1 use of the D word, 1 use of "rectum," 1 use of "shut up," 1 use of an incomplete "son of a....", 1 use of "God,"and 1 use of the euphemism "fr**kin."
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 22, 2015

Really violent - 50% of this is fighting

But that's okay - because there are also positive messages here!
Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2014

bad movie

My dad let me see this when I was 7. What a mistake! It was scathe and violent I bated it I also remeber the sex scene Reference at the end. Not for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 16, 2012

Violent

Awesome adaptation that is violent for kids
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS

Pg-13? What? Superman is beaten to death,people die,people get shot, a version of superman kills toyman and blood is shown, Super Man Cuts His Freakin Head Open. Who thought this movie should not be pg-13?
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2010

A violent movie that is not for kids.

I hated this movie. It was really violent for a PG-13. Superman is brutally murdered. A young girl is brutually murdered and a clone of Superman brutally murders a creepy version of the villian Toyman. The movie is hideous as they changed the style of animation from the kind I saw in Superman The Animated Series and Justice League. The movie has lots of terrible things in it like drug and blood. I think this movie almost ruined the Superman franchise.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2010
I thought this was too dark for a superman movie. It was too violent and the idea of superman dying is not good for young children. It was not a very good movie.
Adult Written bytvgirl July 1, 2009

Over-Hyped Kids Flick

This movie is not much different than "Justice League" and "Superman: The Animated Series". Don't buy the hype that it is anything different. It was boring and not worth the 78 minutes. As usual, the redeeming factor is that Superman is a great role model for kids.