All teen and kid member reviews for Surf's Up

Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 10, 2010

A superb (and utterly breathtaking) animated movie

When I was going to see Surf's Up for the first time, I didn't have high expectations. After watching the entire 88 minutes, I came out pleasantly suprised. Surf's Up is a fun animated comedy with heart, wit, and charm. The CGI is amazing, and kids (and parents) won't be disappointed by its engaging story. After seeing Ratatouille, Surf's Up rose my expectations on movies rivaling Pixar, as this was probably better than the former. Parents should keep in mind that there is a bit of language for a family-animated comedy. And some scenes are startling for younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynduns April 9, 2008

Beyond expectations!

Honestly, the premise of this movie had me avoiding it for months! I was so sure it would suck because of the idea of penguins surfing, then when my best friend in the whole world recommended it, I had to give it a shot, and it was WAY BETTER than I had anticipated. Yeah, it's cliched, unoriginal and not really a family movie, but it is just so funny and kept me laughing all the way through. I highly recommend this, ignore the neigh-sayers.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTordles January 27, 2015

One of my favourite movies

This movie is a great mixture of humour, positive messages, lovable characterization and stunning animation. I expected it to be a cliche, B-movie sort of thing, but it honestly blew my expectations out of the water. (Spoilers ahead, by the way) You might think this is the typical "underdog wins the competition" sort of thing, but the unexpected twist ending really makes the movie that much more unique. The main message of the movie is, IMO, really inspirational and not super cliche, either.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2014

Awesome and funny. Shia Labeouf and Jeff Bridges were great in their roles.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2014

The best

NOW THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL £7.50 WORTH
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2014

WOW

I love this movie; Reggie Belafonte is my new favorite cartoon charachter
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus November 30, 2012

I'd pass.

This movie had a few things going for it; it was very funny, had great voice actors, and good messages. But that's about it. I didn't like the characters, the story was not very interesting, and the idea of having it filmed using a camera crew kind of like a news cast (sorry, it's kind of hard to explain) was a good idea, but it just didn't work. Kids would most likely find it entertaining, but anyone older than 12 or 13, probably not.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 February 8, 2012

It was good

There is one scene where Cody is in the shower with the female penguin
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 4, 2012

Hilarious

Hilarious film great for kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse July 20, 2011

good for little kids

o my god where to start with this movie it was pretty crappy, but its not that bad it had good parts, but the only problem really is a little bit of language nothing too bad typical of a pg,and some sexaul stuff between the main characher and a love interset, and some mild vilogence with surfing accidents otherwise im sure your little kids will love this movie
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2010

Of the mish mash of penguin films, this is easily the best

This movie blows that really boring penguin film, Happy Feet, off the stage. With likable characters and a plot you actually care about, it succeeds on an emotional level, as well as having lots of laughs. The animation is good and the soundtrack is solid. Rent this and steer clear of Happy Feet.
Teen, 14 years old Written byicedragon236 May 25, 2010

love this movie! perfect, funny, the best penquin movie ever
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2010

jeff bridges has a cool that's the same for the movie
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2009

This movie is awesome!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byitskelly April 17, 2009

cute movie

Very cute movie. 5+ ages
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Not bad.

It might not be too funny, but definitely the best penguin movie in a while.
Teen, 17 years old Written bystracker79 April 9, 2008

it was funny

I recently watched this video for my communication II class in order to write a movie review about it. Myself and another 17 year old and two 16 year olds had a blast watching it! I babysit a 4 year old child and Surf's up is her favorite movie she is in love with it and i think that kids younger than 5 all the way up to parents could actually watch this movie.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Surf's Up, and my IQ is down...

If you're kids are young and still like animated movies, then take them to this. But be warned, while the animation is sweet, the movie will bore you to tears. I am an avid fan of penguin movies, and I was disappointed by this. Very cute, but very boring.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008