Edgy sci-fi thriller is very violent; not for tweens/kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byx I AM YOU x February 18, 2011

not bad...

i can handle gore and all that horror but i cant stand it when there is inappropriate touching and physical contact.or like when they say something about a body part that is unnecessary (difference between a boy and a girl).. that really irritates me!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byBluewind October 9, 2009

Wouldn't see it again

The reviews on this site aren't very accurate because they commonly overlook the extensive sex in the majority of the films I've seen. I rented Pride and Glory and there was a topless woman running down the stairs that was not even mentioned in the movie rating or in the review on this site. It was not a quick glance, either. Another example is shown in the movie Surrogates. A woman in a thong was shown (from the back, of course) for about 30 seconds laying in a bed and walking around. I have also seen several movies with very graphic same sex scenes that were not mentioned in the review. For the people on here doing the reviews: If you are going to review the movie for parents to make informed decisions, please do it right.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bySonja2 December 4, 2009

Good sci-fi thriller, fantastic plot though

Has good and bad role models, some are neutral. Good message overall. Great sci-fi thriller, but I wasn't too thrilled since I hadn't had much sleep at the time when I saw it. Definitely quite a bit of violence. Again, I think this movie would have been better without swearing, no matter how infrequent it is.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 14, 2010

violent sci-fi thriller

this movie was exceptionally violent. people control surrogates so that they look young as they go about their everyday lives. there is a night club where a young boy and girl were kissing extremely passionately, and there is a lot of killing. a special weapon was created so that when a surrogate died, the person controlling it died as well. a whole feature nation was nearly wiped out with a certain weapon, and the main character finds himself frequently in tight spots. however, i think this movie was really good. i think its NOT for kids or tweens, and okay for mature teens. all in all, violent, but a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2009
COME ON! Love this movie no human violence WAY wrong review by CSM
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

Okay

This movie was OK. It got a little boring and hard to follow at times, but some clever plot twists kept me engaged. I would rate it PG-13 for Intense Sequences of Violent Action, disturbing images, language, sexual content and a scene of drug use.
Kid, 10 years old September 28, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn October 8, 2009
Pretty good. Kind of odd. ROBOT DRUGS! Hahaha. You know what I'm talking about. (:
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2009

Watch For Violence!!!!

This movie was pretty good overall. bruce willis is very good and portrays a good and honest man. after a while, i think the violence in the movie gets a bit much and there is a little bit of sex but other than that it is a good movie. there are a few gruesome images but nothing a mature audience cant handle.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2010

AWESOME MOVIE

an awesome movie. it is a bit violent the violence includes.... a robot is stabbed in the back of the head green liquid drips down his head. robots are shot with a laser kind of gun killing the robots and the operators. a robots arm falls off. 2 men are shot its very hard to see.were i live this movie is rated M-mature themes and violence. A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySynchronicity September 28, 2009

Not a perfect adaptation, but a nice sci-fi thriller

I, unlike most people who are seeing this movie, have actually read the source material (a graphic novel) and think this is a good adaptation, but plot twists are added in order to appeal to a broader audience (they end up failing somewhat, except for when the surrogates get killed in the film, the person controlling it gets his/her brain liquefied; in the novel, only the surrogate dies and it's just a property violation). The story is basic, but awesome: in the year 2017, people basically live their lives through complex androids called surrogates, and one company named VSI makes them. Life is basically perfect. However, when the founder of VSI's son is killed through his surrogate, things get real ugly, real fast. On the content side of things, this is worse than the graphic novel, which was a strong PG in my opinion. The film, on the other hand, is a hard PG-13. There's some pretty bloody imagery when people are killed through their surrogates. Also, surrogates do get shot, and white/green liquid (probably oil) comes out. On the sex side, the scene in the club has a bit of erotic dancing, and two surrogates make out shortly after. Also, in a party scene of sorts, several surrogates each take a turn using a bong-shaped electrode/syringe thing filled with blue liquid to stimulate their senses...like a futuristic drug, I guess. If your kid's under 14, I don't think they should see this film. If you do see this awesome film, I highly suggest you also read the graphic novel and its sequel, Surrogates: Flesh and Bone.
Adult Written byxomakeupxo January 26, 2010

interesting movie

I loved the plot of this movie I thought it was very good very interesting. It's worth seeing and I would even watch it a second time. I did think it was violent in some thing but mostly action. There were some sexual scenes we could have done without I mean considering these people could make their surrogates look like whatever they want and do whatever they want them to do it could have gotten way more out of hand so it wasn't too bad. This movie is a thriller one you have to piece things together and try and figure it out so if you like those kinds of movies you'll like this.
Adult Written bychangster.eminem December 13, 2009

Robot Movie Over Done-Violent and Disturbing

Destruction of Surrogates kills many people and substantial amount of blood is shown. It shows a more futuristic view of how sexual feeling are produced. It pushes a PG-13 rating to the border, and in my eyes, should have been rated R.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymoviemom35 October 20, 2009
There were more sex scenes than mentioned in the review.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byMaxmum September 27, 2009
This movie had nothing original or entertaining to offer in the genre. Only suitable for older youth (teens), due to violence and some disturbing concepts.
Adult Written byundertakernumber1fan April 17, 2011

this move is a great cure for insomnia

this movie was a snore fest i kept thinking it was going to get better but it never did. total waste of 2 hours of my life. there is some gore so you might want to leave the youngster at home. older teen probably are ok. this move is a great cure for insomnia
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009
Adult Written byMovie Man October 3, 2009

Simply Put: Disapointing.

I was quite disapointed in this sci-fi flick. The action wasn't bad, but some of it was disturbing. Bruce Willis wasn't as witty as usual. Bummer. PARENTS: There is some sex stuff and graphic violence for a PG-13. Thanks for reading - Movie Man.
Adult Written bybeph September 27, 2009

great yet violent

this was a good movie for the age appropriate audience. the futuristic idea of living life through a robot is fun and controversal. positive messages are sent to the audience when the main character must chose to spare or destroy all the robots in order to restore mankind. the people in the movie who dont use the surrogates are prety violent and rude. overall if you like bruce willis you'll like this movie. all his movies are about the same; rarely sexual content, lots of action and fast paced car chases and an awesome story line :)