All teen and kid member reviews for Taken 2

Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Taken 2 is awsome

An awsome action packed film which is even better than the first film. It's not as voilent as the first film and the characters are more easier to like. Me and my mates were watching this after school so it was nice to relax. The movie has a interesting villan and liam nesson is a living legend!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 6, 2012

Taken sequel is more violent than the first, more brutal

this excellent sequel to the equaly awesome Taken is one of my favorite films of the year. and that means it had to have nonstop action, explosive fight scenes, and great acting. and Taken 2 delivers that in an hour and a half and brutal violence. people are beating with pipes and bare hands, have there necks snapped, and are even stabbed with scissors. one scene shows a women hanging upside down, while her blood exits through a cut in her throat. otherwise, there are explosions, gunfights, chases, and suspensul scenes. older teens who are into hard hitting action with enjoy this thriller
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 7, 2012

A dissapointing sequel to a good movie.

This movie is slighlty more brutaly violent then the first one. But its only less then half as good as the first. It more about a family bonding in a more violent manner.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

Watch it

Not as good as the first one, but much more suitable. Very good film, action packed, pretty suitable, some violence of course.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2013

BRILLIANT FILM SOME STRONG VIOLENCE!!!

Taken 2 was an excellent film but has a few scenes of strong violence,a man gets stabbed in the leg with a scissors,a woman is hung upside down with a slit in her neck so she will die slowly and a flashback of a man being electrocuted. Apart from that it is just shooting and explosions and not much more extreme violence.I would say it is OK for a 10 year old but that is my opinion and some 10 (or 11year olds) might not be able to handle it. In my opinion it was not bad at all. The only reason I am putting it as a pause on 10 is because of the two scenes of torture. Liam Neeson played his character very well and it will most likely be the last Taken film because who else could the bad guys kidnap. This movie was great and I can not wait to see the first one (I was not allowed to see it because it is 18+)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockindude905 January 19, 2013

Super Good!!!

Great movie! Not as good as original but still really good! Violence should be your number one worry, occasional cursing brings up prostitution but none is really shown.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2015

Not as good as one

This was ok. It was more inappropriate and cheesier than the first but it was still good. The scene where Kim kisses her boyfriend is kind of bad but you don't miss anything if you skip it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 30, 2015

Satisfactory sequel has mixed mesages.

This sequel is probably even with its predecessor. It returns to the thrills and spills of its predecessor, and brings back the majority of the cast. It is nothing special, but the sequel is good enough to keep you entertained.
Kid, 8 years old May 20, 2015

Very violent thriller has torture, and lots of disturbing images.

My rating R: for strong brutal violence, and some disturbing images, including language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 January 24, 2015

Ok, but not as good as the original.

2 and a half stars. This time, it's not as violent as the original. Liam Nesson is and will always be a great actor.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

The sequel to the famous Neeson trilogy

Taken 2 is about Bryan Mills as he attempts to save his family from the relatives he killed in the first movie. Similar to the first movie, most action are gunshots, an occasional torture, knives.Not much sexual tension or drinking, Same amount of language as the last film.Cant wait for the sequel next January
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 4, 2014

Taken 2 movie review

I thought "Taken 2" would be an unnecessary sequel. I was right. "Taken 2" took away lot of what I liked from "Taken". The movie's synopsis could have been good, but it wasn't handled well at all. There are so many stupid things with this movie. For example, Liam Neeson's character tells his daughter to throw grenades off the roof so he can see how close she is to him. I can understand that, but she could have killed somebody. Another stupid and dreadful part to this movie was the villain. He is a very bad villain who has no intelligence. Even the action wasn't good. You can't tell what is going on sometimes. There are some good things about "Taken 2". I liked Liam Neeson's acting and I thought Maggie Grace improved from the first "Taken" movie. Some of the action scenes were cool. "Taken 2" is a movie with very little substance. It has some interesting elements, but it is very underwhelming and I thought it could have been a hell of a lot better. I will still watch "Taken 3" to give Olivier Megaton a second chance despite the fact that he is a horrible director.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySnozzlywins August 6, 2014

Less violent, not as good sequel

I am 13 and watched both movies with ease, the violence is shown on screen but no blood or gore. The plot is not as clever as the first however the action scenes are just as good. Most killings are wringing the neck in the first film but in this one not as many deaths are shown. ( disappointing)
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Ok

Can be very disturbing. More violent then the first one but is somewhat off screen "not as violent". Some language.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2013

Taken 2

This is the best movie in life! Parents be ware Liam neeson's new thriller is Certinatley not for anyone under 10
Teen, 13 years old Written bymouchie February 9, 2013

good story, good action, and good content

in this awesome action-drama marcus's (the villan from the 1st movie) dad kidnaps *spoiler* kim, her dad, and his ex-wife. movie has lots of non-violent action(bareley any blood) and a good plot. 5 uses of the word sh*t, but 4 in a chase scene. shooting and explosions are shown, but nothing much. fine for kids 11 or 12.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2013

MORE VIOLENT THAN TAKEN!

More violent than taken has lots of car chases guns but less blood Do not let under 14 see this action packed thriller taken 2
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan January 18, 2013

For once a sequal thats kinda better then the first

In this sequel to the 2009 action hit liam Neeson returns as the hit C.I.A agent who this time along with his wife is taken but he escapes and gets away no he must save his wife along with the help of his daughter. this is a good action movie taken 1 was not the best action movie but i think this is one of the best and a better pilot two. i know its the same but still this is awesome a great action movie and like the first its heavy on the cussing drinking and violence no life lessons as its all about revenge and one character is tortured so i do recommend getting on dvd
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier January 6, 2013

Good movie

DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!! I love this movie but be careful it's full of tortureand violence and cursing Violence 8/10 Language 6/10 Sex 3/10 Disturbing scenes 7/10
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 7, 2012

Liam Neeson saves the day again!!!

I was really looking forward to this movie. I used to really the first "Taken" but it starts to get old after a while. But I love (not that way) Liam Neeson and he's one of my favorite actors and he even does good in a really bad movie (*cough* "Wrath of The Titans" *cough*), so I'd pretty much see anything with him if it's the right rating of course, and let me tell you...Liam Neeson didn't disappoint me. This movie was awesome and WAY better than the first one. At first I was worried because it was directed by Oliver Megaton ("Transporter 3" which was awesome and "Colombiana" which was really bad) and he actually did a good job again this time. The action was really entertaining and kept me excited though A LITTLE shaky and jump cutty (I made up my own word lol) it's enjoyable unlike something let's just say "Total Recall (2012)" or "The Bourne Legacy". And the tone is WAY less dark than the first even though there are a couple of dark threats but nothing too dark. Liam Neeson was awesome and kicked serious butt (when he wasn't kidnapped lol). Famke Janssen spent most of her time kidnapped and Maggie Grace was okay but seriously plays the same character every movie. There is also a lot of unintentionally funny scenes in this movie. For example there is a scene where Liam Neeson is on the phone with Maggie Grace and says to throw a grenade and nobody notices the grenade. Also there was a car chase scene where she has to drive and Liam Neeson is telling her something and she repetitively says "I CANT!!". I guess that scene was supposed to be funny but I guess I was the only one laughing hard in the theater. Also there is some parts where Maggie Grace runs and I know this is random but the way she runs is hilarious!!! Anyways, I overall enjoyed this movie a lot and I can't wait for more Liam Neeson movies...maybe even another "Taken" movie if they do it right. Iffy for 10+