All member reviews for Taken 2

Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Taken 2 is awsome

An awsome action packed film which is even better than the first film. It's not as voilent as the first film and the characters are more easier to like. Me and my mates were watching this after school so it was nice to relax. The movie has a interesting villan and liam nesson is a living legend!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 6, 2012

Taken sequel is more violent than the first, more brutal

this excellent sequel to the equaly awesome Taken is one of my favorite films of the year. and that means it had to have nonstop action, explosive fight scenes, and great acting. and Taken 2 delivers that in an hour and a half and brutal violence. people are beating with pipes and bare hands, have there necks snapped, and are even stabbed with scissors. one scene shows a women hanging upside down, while her blood exits through a cut in her throat. otherwise, there are explosions, gunfights, chases, and suspensul scenes. older teens who are into hard hitting action with enjoy this thriller
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 7, 2012

A dissapointing sequel to a good movie.

This movie is slighlty more brutaly violent then the first one. But its only less then half as good as the first. It more about a family bonding in a more violent manner.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySol9000 October 19, 2012

*Fight Scene* DED. *Fight Scene* DED. *Fight Scene* Not Big Surprise

Team Fortress 2 References Aside... I found this movie entertaining. Understood most of it, accept for the fact that for a portion of the film, what's-her-face was only wearing a shirt, a bikini, and some shorts. I understand she's in a hurry, but does she seriously take that long to button her shirt up or something? Nevermind, more importantly: If you gotta worry about anything, it's violence. Here's a test: if the most violent thing your kid watches is "Batman" or tamer, don't bother bringing them. If it's "Call of Duty" or harsher, however, they'll have no problem with this film. For everything inbetween, they're most likely smart enough to avert their eyes when it's getting too scary. Languige? Pfft. It's PG-13. If you don't want your kid hearing this kind of talk, your doing something horribly wrong by taking 'em to see PG-13 films. As for quality? Here's a hint: Seeing this after stuff ParaNorman and Hotel Transylvania raised my expectations.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 October 19, 2012

Very violent action movie is similar to the first

Teen, 13 years old Written byxoxojillianxo October 20, 2012

wow

loveeeee
Teen, 15 years old Written byFox101 October 21, 2012

Flawed Sequel To A Flawed Movie; Still Thrilling.

While the premise of this movie isn't nearly as disturbing as that of the first, the film still manages to deliver dark and violent thrills........ Taken 2 has violent references to the theme of its predecessor (Kidnap/Prostitution), and very obviously placed drug references (we repeatedly see a long hallway filled with shelves of what appear to be bongs, but are more likely hashish pipes) that may provoke various questions from younger viewers.... Perhaps questions not yet ready to be answered. All that said, Taken 2 also lacks one thing that the first movie thrived on...... A sense of savage instinct from the main character; protectiveness. That's not to say that it's monotone, and without startling action, it just doesn't seem as urgent or driven as the first.... Not to say it's not an incredible movie, but if you examine the plot too carefully, you may discover it's a tad tired, and without the original desperate energy of the first..... Though there's still enough suspense to make your hands shake, so it's definitely worth seeing! It shows enough of the violence to fuel anticipation (there are excessive amounts of knives/scissors used in torture scenes for a PG-13 movie, but it doesn't show that much, barely enough to keep us on the edge of our seats with ever-growing expectancy), but not nearly as much as the first.....
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 November 13, 2012

Less Violent then Taken and more teen friendly as well

Taken 2 is an okay revenge flick. There’s a great performance by Liam Neeson as always and the movie does have a few thrills towards the end of the movie. On the downside the movie is both predictable, essentially the first one with less violence, and has a big plot hole. The editing is really bad mostly because it is fast, hard to follow, and really obvious how they took out some violence to make it less violent then the first Taken. There is some language which is between 10-20 profanities which include about five s-words as well as the teenage daughter wears some revealing clothes. The movie is worth a watch but just a matinee price. I say ages 13+ should be able to watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockindude905 January 19, 2013

Super Good!!!

Great movie! Not as good as original but still really good! Violence should be your number one worry, occasional cursing brings up prostitution but none is really shown.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2013

MORE VIOLENT THAN TAKEN!

More violent than taken has lots of car chases guns but less blood Do not let under 14 see this action packed thriller taken 2
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 7, 2012

Liam Neeson saves the day again!!!

I was really looking forward to this movie. I used to really the first "Taken" but it starts to get old after a while. But I love (not that way) Liam Neeson and he's one of my favorite actors and he even does good in a really bad movie (*cough* "Wrath of The Titans" *cough*), so I'd pretty much see anything with him if it's the right rating of course, and let me tell you...Liam Neeson didn't disappoint me. This movie was awesome and WAY better than the first one. At first I was worried because it was directed by Oliver Megaton ("Transporter 3" which was awesome and "Colombiana" which was really bad) and he actually did a good job again this time. The action was really entertaining and kept me excited though A LITTLE shaky and jump cutty (I made up my own word lol) it's enjoyable unlike something let's just say "Total Recall (2012)" or "The Bourne Legacy". And the tone is WAY less dark than the first even though there are a couple of dark threats but nothing too dark. Liam Neeson was awesome and kicked serious butt (when he wasn't kidnapped lol). Famke Janssen spent most of her time kidnapped and Maggie Grace was okay but seriously plays the same character every movie. There is also a lot of unintentionally funny scenes in this movie. For example there is a scene where Liam Neeson is on the phone with Maggie Grace and says to throw a grenade and nobody notices the grenade. Also there was a car chase scene where she has to drive and Liam Neeson is telling her something and she repetitively says "I CANT!!". I guess that scene was supposed to be funny but I guess I was the only one laughing hard in the theater. Also there is some parts where Maggie Grace runs and I know this is random but the way she runs is hilarious!!! Anyways, I overall enjoyed this movie a lot and I can't wait for more Liam Neeson movies...maybe even another "Taken" movie if they do it right. Iffy for 10+
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2013

BRILLIANT FILM SOME STRONG VIOLENCE!!!

Taken 2 was an excellent film but has a few scenes of strong violence,a man gets stabbed in the leg with a scissors,a woman is hung upside down with a slit in her neck so she will die slowly and a flashback of a man being electrocuted. Apart from that it is just shooting and explosions and not much more extreme violence.I would say it is OK for a 10 year old but that is my opinion and some 10 (or 11year olds) might not be able to handle it. In my opinion it was not bad at all. The only reason I am putting it as a pause on 10 is because of the two scenes of torture. Liam Neeson played his character very well and it will most likely be the last Taken film because who else could the bad guys kidnap. This movie was great and I can not wait to see the first one (I was not allowed to see it because it is 18+)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymouchie February 9, 2013

good story, good action, and good content

in this awesome action-drama marcus's (the villan from the 1st movie) dad kidnaps *spoiler* kim, her dad, and his ex-wife. movie has lots of non-violent action(bareley any blood) and a good plot. 5 uses of the word sh*t, but 4 in a chase scene. shooting and explosions are shown, but nothing much. fine for kids 11 or 12.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier January 6, 2013

Good movie

DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!! I love this movie but be careful it's full of tortureand violence and cursing Violence 8/10 Language 6/10 Sex 3/10 Disturbing scenes 7/10
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan January 18, 2013

For once a sequal thats kinda better then the first

In this sequel to the 2009 action hit liam Neeson returns as the hit C.I.A agent who this time along with his wife is taken but he escapes and gets away no he must save his wife along with the help of his daughter. this is a good action movie taken 1 was not the best action movie but i think this is one of the best and a better pilot two. i know its the same but still this is awesome a great action movie and like the first its heavy on the cussing drinking and violence no life lessons as its all about revenge and one character is tortured so i do recommend getting on dvd
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

Watch it

Not as good as the first one, but much more suitable. Very good film, action packed, pretty suitable, some violence of course.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2013

Taken 2

This is the best movie in life! Parents be ware Liam neeson's new thriller is Certinatley not for anyone under 10
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 January 24, 2015

Ok, but not as good as the original.

2 and a half stars. This time, it's not as violent as the original. Liam Nesson is and will always be a great actor.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 25, 2014

Much improved sequel is as violent as the first but better plot

My rating:R for violence,sexual content and nudity
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

The sequel to the famous Neeson trilogy

Taken 2 is about Bryan Mills as he attempts to save his family from the relatives he killed in the first movie. Similar to the first movie, most action are gunshots, an occasional torture, knives.Not much sexual tension or drinking, Same amount of language as the last film.Cant wait for the sequel next January