All member reviews for Taken 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 6, 2012

Taken sequel is more violent than the first, more brutal

this excellent sequel to the equaly awesome Taken is one of my favorite films of the year. and that means it had to have nonstop action, explosive fight scenes, and great acting. and Taken 2 delivers that in an hour and a half and brutal violence. people are beating with pipes and bare hands, have there necks snapped, and are even stabbed with scissors. one scene shows a women hanging upside down, while her blood exits through a cut in her throat. otherwise, there are explosions, gunfights, chases, and suspensul scenes. older teens who are into hard hitting action with enjoy this thriller
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Taken 2 is awsome

An awsome action packed film which is even better than the first film. It's not as voilent as the first film and the characters are more easier to like. Me and my mates were watching this after school so it was nice to relax. The movie has a interesting villan and liam nesson is a living legend!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 7, 2012

A dissapointing sequel to a good movie.

This movie is slighlty more brutaly violent then the first one. But its only less then half as good as the first. It more about a family bonding in a more violent manner.
Adult Written bywonder dove May 24, 2013

Good sequel, the first is better!!!

Taken 2 was pretty good, but not near as thrilling as the first one. It does have some plot holes and seemed to go by really fast, but if you don't mind that and just want to enjoy a good movie, then you will like it. It seemed a bit more violent than the first, unlike CommonSense suggests. However, it did lack the skillful fist fight action that was most enjoyable from the first film. This one had more gun shootings than anything. This sequel features the three visiting Istanbul for Bryan's business trip, but this time the parents are captured by the father of the man named Marco who kidnapped Kim from the first film - because Bryan killed him and the father wants revenge. Bryan and Lenore's daughter Kim must take orders from her dad in order to save them. When he gets loose, he and Kim must come up with some fast plans to save Lenore before it's too late. The thing I liked most about the first film is that it did not only deliver fantastic action and edge-of-your-seat thrills...but was also emotional. This one has little emotion. Violence is very strong with shootings, chasings, explosions, some fighting, a man slits a woman's throat and hangs her upside down, a woman is told she will be sent home piece-by-piece (set of knives shown), car chases. Sexual content includes a girl making out with her boyfriend on a couch but gets interrupted, a kiss between a man & ex-wife, references to rape. Language has uses of sh*t, b@sterd, goddamn and no "f" words that I recall. Some drinking & smoking. Definitely worth a watch, seems safe for the 13+ range.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

Watch it

Not as good as the first one, but much more suitable. Very good film, action packed, pretty suitable, some violence of course.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2013

BRILLIANT FILM SOME STRONG VIOLENCE!!!

Taken 2 was an excellent film but has a few scenes of strong violence,a man gets stabbed in the leg with a scissors,a woman is hung upside down with a slit in her neck so she will die slowly and a flashback of a man being electrocuted. Apart from that it is just shooting and explosions and not much more extreme violence.I would say it is OK for a 10 year old but that is my opinion and some 10 (or 11year olds) might not be able to handle it. In my opinion it was not bad at all. The only reason I am putting it as a pause on 10 is because of the two scenes of torture. Liam Neeson played his character very well and it will most likely be the last Taken film because who else could the bad guys kidnap. This movie was great and I can not wait to see the first one (I was not allowed to see it because it is 18+)
Parent Written bydavidrox March 21, 2013

Great in some ways....

Taken 2 is a good, smart, but very violent and intense movie featuring Liam Neeson as the main star. It has many interesting plot points and interested me personally a lot. It was a lot different then the first movie which I also enjoyed. The violence though is pretty bad. Guns, shooting, blood drips, stabs, knife cuts, fist to fist fighting, all extremely intense and violent. Language includes a couple d*** its, and some of S**T! The sex only gets as bad as a girl in a bikini, and make out session on a couch. I give this movie 7.5/10 I suggest kids 13 and up can see this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockindude905 January 19, 2013

Super Good!!!

Great movie! Not as good as original but still really good! Violence should be your number one worry, occasional cursing brings up prostitution but none is really shown.
Parent Written byShivom Oza October 10, 2012

Taken 2 Review by Shivom Oza – Takes Us In Yet Again

After daughter Kim gets kidnapped in ‘Taken’ (2009), it’s the parents’ turn. Ex-CIA operative Bryan Mills finds himself in the middle of yet anther kidnapping. His own! Action-packed just like the first film in the franchise! Don’t go in finding logic, there’s none. However, the 90-minutes-long (pleasantly short) film cuts in some breathtaking stunts, witty dialogues, charming father-daughter bonding and lots of illogical plot-points! Works well, if all you’re looking for is entertainment. After the events in Paris in ‘Taken’, the family members of the men whom Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) killed while looking for his kidnapped daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace), return to their homeland Tropojë, Albania, for the funeral. Here, Murad Hoxha (Rade Šerbedžija), the leader of the slain men and the father of Marko, whom Bryan killed through electrocution, declares that they will find their culprit to avenge the loss of their loved ones. Bryan, meanwhile, is trying to get closer to his daughter. Although he gives her driving lessons frequently, it is only until recently that he finds out that she has a boyfriend. Playing the over-protective father to the T, Bryan lands up at the boy’s residence to get Kim back. Kim’s mother, Lenore (Famke Janssen), meanwhile, is drifting away from her present husband. After her husband cancels Lenore’s and Kim’s holiday to China, Bryan suggests that the two accompany him to Istanbul. What Bryan doesn’t know is Murad and his people are aware of his whereabouts. So they are followed all the way to Istanbul. Bryan and Lenore get kidnapped. All Bryan has is a communicating device through which he can keep in touch with his daughter Kim, who is hiding away in a closet in a hotel room in Istanbul. Bryan lets Kim to open his suitcase, wherein all his equipment has been kept. Through some weird topography, Bryan figures out his own location using his daughter’s help. Bryan asks Kim to throw grenades in the middle of nowhere on a deserted terrace just so that he can figure out his distance by hearing the sound. Yes, Bizarre but it’s the movies! We all know what happens in the end. Who knows if there’ll be a third film! However, ‘Taken 2’ is quite enjoyable. Who goes in looking for logic in these films anyway? The chase sequences on the streets of Istanbul have been shot excellently. Even the action sequences are brilliantly choreographed. The background score of the film is fairly good. Overall, the film promises a great mix of action and entertainment and delivers to a great extent. The cast, thankfully, does a wonderful job. Liam Neeson still packs a punch! Director Olivier Megaton delivers a fairly good action film. Although there is nothing extraordinary about the writing, the story is simple to understand. Action films can work without weird aliases, biological warfare and all that razzmatazz. And yes, shorter lengths can work wonders! Shivom Oza
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 January 24, 2015

Ok, but not as good as the original.

2 and a half stars. This time, it's not as violent as the original. Liam Nesson is and will always be a great actor.
Adult Written byerica921 January 12, 2015

Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 6, 2015

Taken 2 Review..

A wonderful sequel to the first.. But, Due of the intense sequences of violence, Parents need to think about this movie before deciding show this to there Young adults.. Otherwise, a great film for mature teenagers ages 14 and up..
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 25, 2014

Much improved sequel is as violent as the first but better plot

My rating:R for violence,sexual content and nudity
Adult Written bykipwalker44 October 22, 2014

Pointless sequel is completely incoherent and a huge waste of time

Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

The sequel to the famous Neeson trilogy

Taken 2 is about Bryan Mills as he attempts to save his family from the relatives he killed in the first movie. Similar to the first movie, most action are gunshots, an occasional torture, knives.Not much sexual tension or drinking, Same amount of language as the last film.Cant wait for the sequel next January
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 4, 2014

Taken 2 movie review

I thought "Taken 2" would be an unnecessary sequel. I was right. "Taken 2" took away lot of what I liked from "Taken". The movie's synopsis could have been good, but it wasn't handled well at all. There are so many stupid things with this movie. For example, Liam Neeson's character tells his daughter to throw grenades off the roof so he can see how close she is to him. I can understand that, but she could have killed somebody. Another stupid and dreadful part to this movie was the villain. He is a very bad villain who has no intelligence. Even the action wasn't good. You can't tell what is going on sometimes. There are some good things about "Taken 2". I liked Liam Neeson's acting and I thought Maggie Grace improved from the first "Taken" movie. Some of the action scenes were cool. "Taken 2" is a movie with very little substance. It has some interesting elements, but it is very underwhelming and I thought it could have been a hell of a lot better. I will still watch "Taken 3" to give Olivier Megaton a second chance despite the fact that he is a horrible director.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySnozzlywins August 6, 2014

Less violent, not as good sequel

I am 13 and watched both movies with ease, the violence is shown on screen but no blood or gore. The plot is not as clever as the first however the action scenes are just as good. Most killings are wringing the neck in the first film but in this one not as many deaths are shown. ( disappointing)
Parent of a 3, 10, and 18 year old Written byKate101 May 17, 2014

Is this movie any good?

It is the 2nd to best action move there is! Liam Neeson is the BEST action-packed actor there is. I personally love this movie, seen is 100 times. AWESOME!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Ok

Can be very disturbing. More violent then the first one but is somewhat off screen "not as violent". Some language.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2013

Taken 2

This is the best movie in life! Parents be ware Liam neeson's new thriller is Certinatley not for anyone under 10