All member reviews for Taken 2

Less violent, more sympathetic sequel delivers the thrills.

Written byAnonymous November 25, 2014

Much improved sequel is as violent as the first but better plot

My rating:R for violence,sexual content and nudity
Adult Written bykipwalker44 October 22, 2014

Pointless sequel is completely incoherent and a huge waste of time

Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

The sequel to the famous Neeson trilogy

Taken 2 is about Bryan Mills as he attempts to save his family from the relatives he killed in the first movie. Similar to the first movie, most action are gunshots, an occasional torture, knives.Not much sexual tension or drinking, Same amount of language as the last film.Cant wait for the sequel next January
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 4, 2014

Taken 2 movie review

I thought "Taken 2" would be an unnecessary sequel. I was right. "Taken 2" took away lot of what I liked from "Taken". The movie's synopsis could have been good, but it wasn't handled well at all. There are so many stupid things with this movie. For example, Liam Neeson's character tells his daughter to throw grenades off the roof so he can see how close she is to him. I can understand that, but she could have killed somebody. Another stupid and dreadful part to this movie was the villain. He is a very bad villain who has no intelligence. Even the action wasn't good. You can't tell what is going on sometimes. There are some good things about "Taken 2". I liked Liam Neeson's acting and I thought Maggie Grace improved from the first "Taken" movie. Some of the action scenes were cool. "Taken 2" is a movie with very little substance. It has some interesting elements, but it is very underwhelming and I thought it could have been a hell of a lot better. I will still watch "Taken 3" to give Olivier Megaton a second chance despite the fact that he is a horrible director.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySnozzlywins August 6, 2014

Less violent, not as good sequel

I am 13 and watched both movies with ease, the violence is shown on screen but no blood or gore. The plot is not as clever as the first however the action scenes are just as good. Most killings are wringing the neck in the first film but in this one not as many deaths are shown. ( disappointing)
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Ok

Can be very disturbing. More violent then the first one but is somewhat off screen "not as violent". Some language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymouchie February 9, 2013

good story, good action, and good content

in this awesome action-drama marcus's (the villan from the 1st movie) dad kidnaps *spoiler* kim, her dad, and his ex-wife. movie has lots of non-violent action(bareley any blood) and a good plot. 5 uses of the word sh*t, but 4 in a chase scene. shooting and explosions are shown, but nothing much. fine for kids 11 or 12.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2013

MORE VIOLENT THAN TAKEN!

More violent than taken has lots of car chases guns but less blood Do not let under 14 see this action packed thriller taken 2
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan January 18, 2013

For once a sequal thats kinda better then the first

In this sequel to the 2009 action hit liam Neeson returns as the hit C.I.A agent who this time along with his wife is taken but he escapes and gets away no he must save his wife along with the help of his daughter. this is a good action movie taken 1 was not the best action movie but i think this is one of the best and a better pilot two. i know its the same but still this is awesome a great action movie and like the first its heavy on the cussing drinking and violence no life lessons as its all about revenge and one character is tortured so i do recommend getting on dvd
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier January 6, 2013

Good movie

DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!! I love this movie but be careful it's full of tortureand violence and cursing Violence 8/10 Language 6/10 Sex 3/10 Disturbing scenes 7/10
Parent Written byLucinaPshegubj December 14, 2012

I Love It

It was really a great movie ! It's better than the first movie, but still They show Muslims as the bad guys, people should know that the movie doesn't show Muslims in general !
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 November 13, 2012

Less Violent then Taken and more teen friendly as well

Taken 2 is an okay revenge flick. There’s a great performance by Liam Neeson as always and the movie does have a few thrills towards the end of the movie. On the downside the movie is both predictable, essentially the first one with less violence, and has a big plot hole. The editing is really bad mostly because it is fast, hard to follow, and really obvious how they took out some violence to make it less violent then the first Taken. There is some language which is between 10-20 profanities which include about five s-words as well as the teenage daughter wears some revealing clothes. The movie is worth a watch but just a matinee price. I say ages 13+ should be able to watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFox101 October 21, 2012

Flawed Sequel To A Flawed Movie; Still Thrilling.

While the premise of this movie isn't nearly as disturbing as that of the first, the film still manages to deliver dark and violent thrills........ Taken 2 has violent references to the theme of its predecessor (Kidnap/Prostitution), and very obviously placed drug references (we repeatedly see a long hallway filled with shelves of what appear to be bongs, but are more likely hashish pipes) that may provoke various questions from younger viewers.... Perhaps questions not yet ready to be answered. All that said, Taken 2 also lacks one thing that the first movie thrived on...... A sense of savage instinct from the main character; protectiveness. That's not to say that it's monotone, and without startling action, it just doesn't seem as urgent or driven as the first.... Not to say it's not an incredible movie, but if you examine the plot too carefully, you may discover it's a tad tired, and without the original desperate energy of the first..... Though there's still enough suspense to make your hands shake, so it's definitely worth seeing! It shows enough of the violence to fuel anticipation (there are excessive amounts of knives/scissors used in torture scenes for a PG-13 movie, but it doesn't show that much, barely enough to keep us on the edge of our seats with ever-growing expectancy), but not nearly as much as the first.....
Teen, 13 years old Written byxoxojillianxo October 20, 2012

wow

loveeeee
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 October 19, 2012

Very violent action movie is similar to the first

Teen, 14 years old Written bySol9000 October 19, 2012

*Fight Scene* DED. *Fight Scene* DED. *Fight Scene* Not Big Surprise

Team Fortress 2 References Aside... I found this movie entertaining. Understood most of it, accept for the fact that for a portion of the film, what's-her-face was only wearing a shirt, a bikini, and some shorts. I understand she's in a hurry, but does she seriously take that long to button her shirt up or something? Nevermind, more importantly: If you gotta worry about anything, it's violence. Here's a test: if the most violent thing your kid watches is "Batman" or tamer, don't bother bringing them. If it's "Call of Duty" or harsher, however, they'll have no problem with this film. For everything inbetween, they're most likely smart enough to avert their eyes when it's getting too scary. Languige? Pfft. It's PG-13. If you don't want your kid hearing this kind of talk, your doing something horribly wrong by taking 'em to see PG-13 films. As for quality? Here's a hint: Seeing this after stuff ParaNorman and Hotel Transylvania raised my expectations.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez October 10, 2012

13 and up.

this second sequel taken 2 is a great action movie but honestly not better then the first one taken 2 has all the action that your teens will definitely want to enjoy with that being said the movie is best left for your teens and parents you need to know that taken 2 has some intense violence some mild language used and some smoking and drinking used.