Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrybry102 July 20, 2011

Greatest Movie.

Well you parents are crazy, this shows the way the world is! the world isnt a happy place with Just butterflies!! and yes the dad is willing to kill anyone in his way, he loves his daughter and wants her safe and happy, now come on! you parents would do the same thing! This is the best movie i have ever seen. So stop being so strict!
Parent of a 16 year old Written bymomluvsmovies April 2, 2009

Think twice before taking a tween or teen to see this show!

I took my 15 year old daughter to see the movie and now I am wishing I hadn't. It was very disturbing to see young women being thrown into the sex/prostitute ring and to see a father disregard all laws and human life to get her back.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymineralsgirl March 13, 2011
Most parents don't want their kids to know what goes on in the world, you think you are protecting them. Protect them with the truth, The Truth is Knowledge. The "it's bad", your too young", etc just doesn't work for kids, they want to know why. Remember when you were a kid and your mom told you no, was that good enough for you? You want to keep your kids safe, let them watch movies that are real. Let them see the dangers for themselves. The don't talk to strangers will mean something after watching a true to life story. Tweens are perfect victims due to the fact they are still trusting of strangers no matter how much you tell them "Don't talk to strangers" Don't think Tweens are not victims of human trafficking, if you do, you are just a naive as your preteen. Want your kids safe, let them watch the movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

LIAM NEESON

i love liam neeson
Adult Written byerica921 August 8, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 19, 2010

A forgettable mix of action and drama; teens and up only

Liam Neeson is usually a good actor. In Star Wars episode I, his performance overshadowed the bad aspects of the film itself. In Batman Begins, he gives a dynamic performance as the vigilante's partner/enemy. Now he tries his luck at hyper-kinetic action and melodrama in Taken. To say the most, he potrayed his character well. To say the least, the script didn't help him at all. Despite some cool car chase scenes, Taken is overall a forgettable mix of action and drama that doesn't bring enough to the table. Excluding Neeson's character, the way they potray other characters is flat and unoriginal. Girls are potrayed as helpless damsels. I know fighting a grown man is hard, but in the abduction scene, the producers didns't even make the young woman fight back. That's sterotypical, to say the least. Racial problems abound. Bloody violence is here. Language is constant. Sex is obviously used. And the movie's message about the wrongs on prostitution is drowned out in the end. The main character's daughter gets saved, but what about all the other poor souls we see? What happens to them? Taken tries to be compassionate and touching, but it's the complete opposite. At the same time, it tries to be fun and entertaining. This has to be one of the most uneven films I've ever seen. If you want to see a movie with a good balance of action and drama, check out the 2008 thriller Traitor.
Adult Written byca mom November 6, 2009
I am STUNNED that this got a PG-13 rating. Offended and shocked, to be honest. My husband and I liked the movie but every time another terrifying event occurred (and there are plenty!!) we turned to each other and said: "PG-13?!!" The movie is violent and the subject matter is very upsetting for adults and especially for teens! I am now really questioning our movie rating system in this country.
Adult Written byilikemusik23 May 11, 2009

Great Action Movie! But for people that are mature enough to understand it

This is a great action flick! However i saw it alone and had fun with it in the theater but while watching you have to understand how something like this could really happen in real life and it does all the time. So while it is violent it does have some educational value to it. Parents who have kids who are 14 should let them watch the movie and if they have a problem with it they should just watch it with them. Another heads up: part of the plot also involves the character kidnapped being forced into the sex slave business. BTW as mentioned in NINJAGUY's review. THERE IS NO RAPE SCENE!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 May 30, 2010

good for 13+ but no younger

I'm 14 and saw when I was 13. It's a very good movie and makes you recognize what goes on and you don't actually realize or think about much. Very good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhelloitsme May 22, 2016

Really good

This movie is very good. It's a little violent but it's not too bad and it's not too graphic. Some swearing. It's touching that the father would go through so much just to save his daughter!
Teen, 13 years old Written byohyeahbabylol May 21, 2016

Taken

This movie is very good. Not too explicit and very true. This is the real world. Wake up!
Adult Written byzazmopepperz February 18, 2014

Great but violent.

The film is actually very good, it has an interesting theme and has some pretty cool tricks displayed by Liam Neeson. However this film is VIOLENT. The violence is very intense and startling although there is little blood, it is very brutal and disturbing especially the torture scene and the scene where Liam Neeson shoots an innocent women to gain information from her husband. The film is also very mature and because of the subject matter and violence it is actually rated 18 plus here in the UK. Other than that the film is very entertaining, not quite appropriate for 13 year olds but I recommend it for 15 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkyrock5 March 6, 2011

Outstanding plot, good action sequences, loved the film.

This film is very realistic - it portrays the dangers of carelessness very well. It is also very entertaining and interesting to see how the ex-CIA father goes rampaging through Paris (killing 35 people in the process) to find his daughter who has been taken and forced into women trafficking. Violence can sometimes get a bit much (for example the electrocuting scene), but never overly graphic. Guns are mainly used to kill people, and so blood is seen. However, I do not understand why this film was given an 18 Rating. Its perfectly watchable for ages 14+. I loved this film, the action sequences were very good, and it sends a positive message about the trust and love between a father and his daughter. I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Great for all over 12's.

I've seen it and I'm twelve - To be honest, I didn't realize that this was an 18. It's really good telling people about what can happen if you aren't careful. I think it's a must see for all teens, although the sex trafficking parts may be unsuitable for sensitive teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygabby19 February 6, 2009

MUST SEE!!!

This movie doesnt show any nude it my show a few things kids 11 and undre SHOULD NOT SEE it is for older kids and it sends a good message you dont need to go to another country as a woman alone it is dangerous but all in all AWESOME MOVIE!!
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 February 4, 2009

strong violence

I knew there would be lots of voilence, but I was surprised by some of the stuff. Honestly, didn't think too much language, or at least very often. We (husband, step-son, and I) liked it, but some of the stuff was left open and you kind of wonder, "what happened to this person..." but the guy beat up so many people, you practically lose track.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTsbf13 June 5, 2016

Raises Awareness, Great action

I have to admit, is movie kind of freaked me out, although it raised my parents and my awareness about pimps. If you don't want your kid to be more exposed to human trafficking, etc, I would suggest not watching it. I think that 16 is a bit harsh, I think that this movie is appropriate for mature 13 year olds and up.
Adult Written byUnknown Agent November 17, 2015

Great

Good movie contains strong violence and some bad language.
Adult Written byErenJaeger October 29, 2015

Taken review

The movie isn't very original, as it's just another revenge thriller, but it's fun to watch with friends.
Teen, 16 years old Written byirontap June 24, 2015