All member reviews for Taken

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrybry102 July 20, 2011

Greatest Movie.

Well you parents are crazy, this shows the way the world is! the world isnt a happy place with Just butterflies!! and yes the dad is willing to kill anyone in his way, he loves his daughter and wants her safe and happy, now come on! you parents would do the same thing! This is the best movie i have ever seen. So stop being so strict!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

LIAM NEESON

i love liam neeson
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 19, 2010

A forgettable mix of action and drama; teens and up only

Liam Neeson is usually a good actor. In Star Wars episode I, his performance overshadowed the bad aspects of the film itself. In Batman Begins, he gives a dynamic performance as the vigilante's partner/enemy. Now he tries his luck at hyper-kinetic action and melodrama in Taken. To say the most, he potrayed his character well. To say the least, the script didn't help him at all. Despite some cool car chase scenes, Taken is overall a forgettable mix of action and drama that doesn't bring enough to the table. Excluding Neeson's character, the way they potray other characters is flat and unoriginal. Girls are potrayed as helpless damsels. I know fighting a grown man is hard, but in the abduction scene, the producers didns't even make the young woman fight back. That's sterotypical, to say the least. Racial problems abound. Bloody violence is here. Language is constant. Sex is obviously used. And the movie's message about the wrongs on prostitution is drowned out in the end. The main character's daughter gets saved, but what about all the other poor souls we see? What happens to them? Taken tries to be compassionate and touching, but it's the complete opposite. At the same time, it tries to be fun and entertaining. This has to be one of the most uneven films I've ever seen. If you want to see a movie with a good balance of action and drama, check out the 2008 thriller Traitor.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkyrock5 March 6, 2011

Outstanding plot, good action sequences, loved the film.

This film is very realistic - it portrays the dangers of carelessness very well. It is also very entertaining and interesting to see how the ex-CIA father goes rampaging through Paris (killing 35 people in the process) to find his daughter who has been taken and forced into women trafficking. Violence can sometimes get a bit much (for example the electrocuting scene), but never overly graphic. Guns are mainly used to kill people, and so blood is seen. However, I do not understand why this film was given an 18 Rating. Its perfectly watchable for ages 14+. I loved this film, the action sequences were very good, and it sends a positive message about the trust and love between a father and his daughter. I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Great for all over 12's.

I've seen it and I'm twelve - To be honest, I didn't realize that this was an 18. It's really good telling people about what can happen if you aren't careful. I think it's a must see for all teens, although the sex trafficking parts may be unsuitable for sensitive teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 May 30, 2010

good for 13+ but no younger

I'm 14 and saw when I was 13. It's a very good movie and makes you recognize what goes on and you don't actually realize or think about much. Very good movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybatman17 December 11, 2009

A movie worth seeing

There is plenty of killings in the movie and some brief cleavage of girls. Language not to much. The story has so much to offer. A father going to save his daughter now that is something incredible. Even when he's face with death he will not stop at nothing to get his daughter back.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanoy March 28, 2015

pg 13 vs 18

This film should not be pg13 it countains a large strip scene at an action house and a torcher scene in which a man is straped to a electric chair staped then eletrucuted this film shines a terible light on Europe and in the UK is rated a 18 I dont agree about the 18 its more like a 15 but still not a 13
Teen, 14 years old Written byyuukanda333 January 21, 2015

Good Liam Neeson film, but contains some of violently moments

Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2015

one of my favorite action/violence movies even though i was underage when i watched it

this is a great flick with an erge for excitement rush and energy as well as pain conflict and inpropriate scenes. i was 8 when i watched it i could handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 January 6, 2015

I will find you and I will kill you. I "found" Taken a decent fun flick.

Awesome action flick. Liam Nesson was fierce and spectacular.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Owner of a dog December 24, 2014

Meep

So yeah it is pretty violent for any- no it deepens on what you let your kid watch or how action like he/she is. A good thriller for all. It's appropreite trust me.You don't like it turn it off.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 25, 2014

Violent but cool neeson thriller has lots of death and pushes the PG-13 limits

My rating:R for violence,sexual content and language
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

"I will look for you, I will find you and I will watch u"

Taken is one of Neeson's best films. There are many killings mainly gunshots, stabbings and an electrocution. There is some cussing but nothing you wouldn't hear in an average middle school. There is not much sexual tension although a character is attempted to be kidnapped and sold as a sex slave. Good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 3, 2014

Taken movie review

I really liked "Taken". Before this movie came out, Liam Neeson was more of a comedy star. He wasn't really an action movie star. "Taken" was the movie that boosted Liam Neeson's career. This movie is basically the remake of "Commando". The first 20 minutes of the movie was a little bit slow. After the kidnap, the movie started to gain momentum and it was a fast paced thrill ride. "Taken" shows just how bad-ass Liam Neeson really is. His character really has been through so many experiences as a CIA agent. The action in this movie was mind-blowing. "Taken" has some of the best action scenes I have ever seen in a movie. The screenplay for the movie is amazing. It was just so interesting and the entire plot was riveting. The cast of "Taken" was fine. I liked all of the acting. That being said, there are few problems with "Taken". One thing I can't stand in movies is shaky camera unless it is handled well. In this case, it wasn't. The shaky camera wasn't all that good. Also, Maggie Grace can get over-dramatic at times. Other than that, "Taken" was amazing. It was one my favorite movies of 2009. I do think that parents should not let their younger children watch this movie. This movie deals with the underworld of sex slavery. For older teens, this movie is a must watch.
Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2014

LEARNING

Liam Neeson is on fire!

Taken is excellent! This movie should be seen by people aged 13 and up because of the torture scene which is very disturbing which will scare the pants off kids. Also there is a bit of language like the s word and a**hole but it isn't frequent. Hand to hand punching violence is Brutal but shootout scenes isn't because of little blood showing. If you are 13 you will adore this film you will love the action, tension and epic acting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissPretty175 November 29, 2013

Creepy...

Well, this is what sadly sometimes happens. Kids are getting more mature nowadays, so I think it is only right they should know what's going on in their world, even if it is sad. It IS scary, so kids, watch it with someone older than you. At first it is a little boring, but it gets really good.
Kid, 10 years old September 30, 2013

Shocking violence about prostitution

Common sense are wrong to give this two stars, its a good, entertaining film! Although its an 18, its not as shocking as you might think but it does has shocking gory violence and you might get the question: "Whats prostitution?" from kids about 8 or 9 but TEN OR UP
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 1, 2013

M thoughts

This movies plot has a great plot really solid A+ film but know your kids this plot does scare easy and it makes someone who is possibly a parent think "are we safe if we take this vacation"
Teen, 14 years old Written byYankeesfan33 August 1, 2013

Fun to watch, but also very disturbing.

Parents need to know that Taken can be EXTREMELY disturbing at times. A girl is kidnapped by thugs in her own apartment (which can make people feel VERY uncomfortable; I watched this in Europe and I was disturbed for days). There are scenes involving a twisted sex trafficking ring and scenes with a lot of hand-to-hand violence, as well as a scene involving a man being tortured. That said, the main protagonist will stop at nothing to protect his daughter from harm, making him a great role model. All in all, a great, if not very uncomfortable to watch, action thriller for older teens and up.