All member reviews for Taken

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrybry102 July 20, 2011

Greatest Movie.

Well you parents are crazy, this shows the way the world is! the world isnt a happy place with Just butterflies!! and yes the dad is willing to kill anyone in his way, he loves his daughter and wants her safe and happy, now come on! you parents would do the same thing! This is the best movie i have ever seen. So stop being so strict!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

LIAM NEESON

i love liam neeson
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 19, 2010

A forgettable mix of action and drama; teens and up only

Liam Neeson is usually a good actor. In Star Wars episode I, his performance overshadowed the bad aspects of the film itself. In Batman Begins, he gives a dynamic performance as the vigilante's partner/enemy. Now he tries his luck at hyper-kinetic action and melodrama in Taken. To say the most, he potrayed his character well. To say the least, the script didn't help him at all. Despite some cool car chase scenes, Taken is overall a forgettable mix of action and drama that doesn't bring enough to the table. Excluding Neeson's character, the way they potray other characters is flat and unoriginal. Girls are potrayed as helpless damsels. I know fighting a grown man is hard, but in the abduction scene, the producers didns't even make the young woman fight back. That's sterotypical, to say the least. Racial problems abound. Bloody violence is here. Language is constant. Sex is obviously used. And the movie's message about the wrongs on prostitution is drowned out in the end. The main character's daughter gets saved, but what about all the other poor souls we see? What happens to them? Taken tries to be compassionate and touching, but it's the complete opposite. At the same time, it tries to be fun and entertaining. This has to be one of the most uneven films I've ever seen. If you want to see a movie with a good balance of action and drama, check out the 2008 thriller Traitor.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkyrock5 March 6, 2011

Outstanding plot, good action sequences, loved the film.

This film is very realistic - it portrays the dangers of carelessness very well. It is also very entertaining and interesting to see how the ex-CIA father goes rampaging through Paris (killing 35 people in the process) to find his daughter who has been taken and forced into women trafficking. Violence can sometimes get a bit much (for example the electrocuting scene), but never overly graphic. Guns are mainly used to kill people, and so blood is seen. However, I do not understand why this film was given an 18 Rating. Its perfectly watchable for ages 14+. I loved this film, the action sequences were very good, and it sends a positive message about the trust and love between a father and his daughter. I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Great for all over 12's.

I've seen it and I'm twelve - To be honest, I didn't realize that this was an 18. It's really good telling people about what can happen if you aren't careful. I think it's a must see for all teens, although the sex trafficking parts may be unsuitable for sensitive teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 May 30, 2010

good for 13+ but no younger

I'm 14 and saw when I was 13. It's a very good movie and makes you recognize what goes on and you don't actually realize or think about much. Very good movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybatman17 December 11, 2009

A movie worth seeing

There is plenty of killings in the movie and some brief cleavage of girls. Language not to much. The story has so much to offer. A father going to save his daughter now that is something incredible. Even when he's face with death he will not stop at nothing to get his daughter back.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2015

Better than two

The storyline is inappropriate but it is fine. I watched the theatrical version of this movie and I am 11. It wasn't bad. It was suspenseful and a tiny bit violent and a little sad that this stuff really happens. The language is kind of bad but it's no worse than what you hear at school. But I don't think it is a drop of blood or two from R. It is just fine being PG-13.
Teen, 15 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 14, 2015

Mature themes and violence. Not for tweens

Taken is a great movie. The action in it is good, the story and characters are all very likeable and Liam Neeson is awesome. People tend to argue in favor of young kids watching movies like this because "there is a lot worse stuff out there" or you've probably heard "Its not even that violent, compared to other stuff". People like this have good morals in keeping kids away from ultra violent/sexual movies, but they are also wrong. No one under 14 should see this film. The violence and sexual themes, along with a torture scene, make this for 14+ for sure
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoso.McD July 9, 2015

My Review

It is not as bad as it look like. its a really good movie and it would be alright for kid at the age of 12 years and over.
Teen, 16 years old Written byirontap June 24, 2015

Should've been rated R

Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 28, 2015

Ruthless revenge thriller has a weak story but strong performances.

The story of this film is without a doubt innane. With little character development after the first third of the film, predictable plotlines and unlikable characters who we're supposed to care for, TAKEN fails to be any masterpiece. Its main strength is the acting: the performances of the two main characters is without a doubt some of the best in this genre. The brutal action scenes are realistic and, while bloodless, shocking, but create a tone and atmosphere that many works of fiction fail horrendously to do. This movie has its moments, but it is no masterpiece.
Kid, 8 years old May 20, 2015

Very violent/disturbing revenge thriller should have been rated R.

My rating R: for strong shocking/disturbing violence, language, and strong racy content.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanoy March 28, 2015

pg 13 vs 18

This film should not be pg13 it countains a large strip scene at an action house and a torcher scene in which a man is straped to a electric chair staped then eletrucuted this film shines a terible light on Europe and in the UK is rated a 18 I dont agree about the 18 its more like a 15 but still not a 13
Teen, 14 years old Written byyuukanda333 January 21, 2015

Good Liam Neeson film, but contains some of violently moments

Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2015

one of my favorite action/violence movies even though i was underage when i watched it

this is a great flick with an erge for excitement rush and energy as well as pain conflict and inpropriate scenes. i was 8 when i watched it i could handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 January 6, 2015

I will find you and I will kill you. I "found" Taken a decent fun flick.

Awesome action flick. Liam Nesson was fierce and spectacular.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Owner of a dog December 24, 2014

Meep

So yeah it is pretty violent for any- no it deepens on what you let your kid watch or how action like he/she is. A good thriller for all. It's appropreite trust me.You don't like it turn it off.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth October 13, 2014

"I will look for you, I will find you and I will watch u"

Taken is one of Neeson's best films. There are many killings mainly gunshots, stabbings and an electrocution. There is some cussing but nothing you wouldn't hear in an average middle school. There is not much sexual tension although a character is attempted to be kidnapped and sold as a sex slave. Good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 3, 2014

Taken movie review

I really liked "Taken". Before this movie came out, Liam Neeson was more of a comedy star. He wasn't really an action movie star. "Taken" was the movie that boosted Liam Neeson's career. This movie is basically the remake of "Commando". The first 20 minutes of the movie was a little bit slow. After the kidnap, the movie started to gain momentum and it was a fast paced thrill ride. "Taken" shows just how bad-ass Liam Neeson really is. His character really has been through so many experiences as a CIA agent. The action in this movie was mind-blowing. "Taken" has some of the best action scenes I have ever seen in a movie. The screenplay for the movie is amazing. It was just so interesting and the entire plot was riveting. The cast of "Taken" was fine. I liked all of the acting. That being said, there are few problems with "Taken". One thing I can't stand in movies is shaky camera unless it is handled well. In this case, it wasn't. The shaky camera wasn't all that good. Also, Maggie Grace can get over-dramatic at times. Other than that, "Taken" was amazing. It was one my favorite movies of 2009. I do think that parents should not let their younger children watch this movie. This movie deals with the underworld of sex slavery. For older teens, this movie is a must watch.