Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybatman17 December 11, 2009

A movie worth seeing

There is plenty of killings in the movie and some brief cleavage of girls. Language not to much. The story has so much to offer. A father going to save his daughter now that is something incredible. Even when he's face with death he will not stop at nothing to get his daughter back.
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 February 4, 2009

strong violence

I knew there would be lots of voilence, but I was surprised by some of the stuff. Honestly, didn't think too much language, or at least very often. We (husband, step-son, and I) liked it, but some of the stuff was left open and you kind of wonder, "what happened to this person..." but the guy beat up so many people, you practically lose track.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRenLikesRamen December 28, 2016

Enjoyable?

Just watched this movie last night at home. It was a bit intense and "scary" for me, but overall it was an okay movie. I enjoyed it. I think 14 and up or a mature younger child could watch, but be cautious. There are a couple scenes that show prostitution and such, achohol, drugs... Its really violent too, a lot of deaths. They aren't too gory but definatly kind of scary deaths.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChezchadbread March 19, 2016

Great action film! Bro!

This is great! Lots of action and violence, but no blood. A torture scene, but not too scary for younger ones. It really raises awareness for human trafficking, which is a terrible real world problem. Grab yer' popcorn!
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2016

Great thriller

Scary but cool loved this film but it gets a little scary some rated r scenes in the movie best action film but brutal and griddy plot
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2015

A very good liam neeson film but a few iffy bits

Hello, taken is a very good and a very violent film, contains sex, drugs, violence and also a scene which makes you jump, but other than that, taken is a great film in which he plays Brian mills, an ex CIA agent who's daughter is kidnapped when she goes to France with one of her under aged friends. The girls find a stranger outside the airport and tell them where they are staying, but that turned out to be a big mistake...
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieKid387 August 8, 2015

Intense Thriller for teens only

Wow this movie is intense. I was expecting it to be better but I was biting my nails Bruh. The movie is about a retired agent who is divorced with his wife And cares about his daughter very much. She takes a trip to "Paris"but really it's a U2 tour and she lies about a lot of things to here dad. She then is taken from a bunch of people who run a prostitute thing. He then gets revenge on the people. This film was pretty violent. People are shot, hit in throat with hand, shocked to death, the taking scene is the most intense scene in the movie, and lots of other violence. The language is not so bad just s words d words a words b words and 2 f words and 1 you can't really hear...just a lot of intense violence
Adult Written bykipwalker44 July 24, 2015
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2015

Better than two

The storyline is inappropriate but it is fine. I watched the theatrical version of this movie and I am 11. It wasn't bad. It was suspenseful and a tiny bit violent and a little sad that this stuff really happens. The language is kind of bad but it's no worse than what you hear at school. But I don't think it is a drop of blood or two from R. It is just fine being PG-13.
Teen, 15 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 14, 2015

Mature themes and violence. Not for tweens

Taken is a great movie. The action in it is good, the story and characters are all very likeable and Liam Neeson is awesome. People tend to argue in favor of young kids watching movies like this because "there is a lot worse stuff out there" or you've probably heard "Its not even that violent, compared to other stuff". People like this have good morals in keeping kids away from ultra violent/sexual movies, but they are also wrong. No one under 14 should see this film. The violence and sexual themes, along with a torture scene, make this for 14+ for sure
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoso.McD July 9, 2015

My Review

It is not as bad as it look like. its a really good movie and it would be alright for kid at the age of 12 years and over.
Parent Written byGarrett50Cal June 15, 2015

Taken review

In this movie, men get stabbed, shot, and beaten. Violence may be a problem but the main reason I'm writing this review is because of the sex. Many woman are kidnapped and sold to sex trafficking, they are drugged and ect. Language isn't to bad. Bill Myers (Liam Neeson) is a good role model in this movie. He saves his daughter facing many challenges. One thing is; Bill Myers holds up the middle finger. Not to bad of a movie for 10 year olds maybe but especially for 11 year olds. Let your kid be free to watch this thriller.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 28, 2015

Ruthless revenge thriller has a weak story but strong performances.

The story of this film is without a doubt innane. With little character development after the first third of the film, predictable plotlines and unlikable characters who we're supposed to care for, TAKEN fails to be any masterpiece. Its main strength is the acting: the performances of the two main characters is without a doubt some of the best in this genre. The brutal action scenes are realistic and, while bloodless, shocking, but create a tone and atmosphere that many works of fiction fail horrendously to do. This movie has its moments, but it is no masterpiece.
Kid, 8 years old May 20, 2015

Very violent/disturbing revenge thriller should have been rated R.

My rating R: for strong shocking/disturbing violence, language, and strong racy content.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanoy March 28, 2015

pg 13 vs 18

This film should not be pg13 it countains a large strip scene at an action house and a torcher scene in which a man is straped to a electric chair staped then eletrucuted this film shines a terible light on Europe and in the UK is rated a 18 I dont agree about the 18 its more like a 15 but still not a 13
Teen, 14 years old Written byyuukanda333 January 21, 2015

Good Liam Neeson film, but contains some of violently moments

Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2015

one of my favorite action/violence movies even though i was underage when i watched it

this is a great flick with an erge for excitement rush and energy as well as pain conflict and inpropriate scenes. i was 8 when i watched it i could handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 January 6, 2015

I will find you and I will kill you. I "found" Taken a decent fun flick.

Awesome action flick. Liam Nesson was fierce and spectacular.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 3, 2015

Keep caution on your young adults while watching this..

I Personally liked this film. But, I personally would want any parent to take a judgement call on this film due to the fact that most of the film talks and shows sex trafficking. also keep in mind that it does show a huge amount of violence. Otherwise, a great film for ages 14 and up...
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Owner of a dog December 24, 2014

Meep

So yeah it is pretty violent for any- no it deepens on what you let your kid watch or how action like he/she is. A good thriller for all. It's appropreite trust me.You don't like it turn it off.