All member reviews for Taken

Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2012

Yesssss

Liam Neeson greatest film ever. He will find you then kill you! Favorite movie :p
Teen, 15 years old Written byWr4ithSl4yer January 8, 2012

What is Wrong With the reviewers on this sight?

This is a movie about how far a father is willing to go to get his father back from bad people. anyone who doesnt let their kids see this is insane
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2011

LESSONS LEARNED!

I just finished watching this movie with my family. At first, I was scared then I watched it. IT WAS AMAZING! My mom wanted us to watch it because of the lessons kids learn after watching it. Positive Messages: This movie teaches young people not to give out personal information, especially in foreign countries. Violence: Throughout the movie the protagonist kills and injures people. Characters use guns and knifes to kill people. Sexual: Men are trafficking women and girls. Language: A lot of bad words! Drinks: Traffickers are often seen drinking beers.
Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2011

Good Movie

This movie isn't consumed in drugs and this was a good movie and there wasn't any blood me and my dad say this movie and now he is a huge Liam Nielson fan
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2011

"i will find you and kill you" ha ha

very lttle language but so much killing and bullets, but good movie and appropiate for kids.
Adult Written byJosé Pedro August 30, 2011

Good Movie

Adult Written byTinyToya August 13, 2011

Powerful Movie

A story that needs to be told. The movie itself is very forgettable, but we rarely see movies about real life issues like sex trafficking. It is happening all over the world as we speak and having it brought to the big screen and in front of our eyes is important. The father goes to devilish, violent extremes to save his daughter from a devilish, violent situation. For those who think he should've just sat back and told the cops and not killed a soul are crazy. Those men, had they lived, would've set their sights on more unsuspecting girls.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Pause fro any age, but for 9 and up

I love it! I saw it when I was 9 and ha no nightmares about it. Women are potrayed as wimps, one women get backhanded by her pimp lightly and falls. Women get rapedwith drugs in a sex ring. Brian leaves out all the other poor girls to find Kim. But, still a good movie
Adult Written byJakk May 19, 2011

Intense and disturbing, but fine for most teens

Taken is an interesting and exciting film, but is also very violent and leaves a mixed message. First of all, this film is nightmare material for parents worried about their kids being snatched, and even more so for kids. It's quite disturbing at times, and as such isn't for squeamish viewers. This film is also exceptionally violent for a PG-13, with a body count in the dozens and many scenes of fighting, shooting, and killing. The most graphic content takes place offscreen, but there is one scene of torture that's rather disturbing, and the film is very intense even though it's not explicit. The film sends a mixed message. A father is willing to risk everything he has to save his daughter from criminals, but takes dozens of lives in the process. There is also moderate profanity, a few drug references, and a theme involving a prostitution ring. All in all, this isn't a film for tweens or younger kids, but most teens will be fine with it, assuming they're not easily frightened.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2010

Great Movie really teaches a great message

Its great movie telling teens and kids not to tell people that your gonna be home alone and to meet up and talk to random guys and not to have the music so loud that if you get kidnapped no one can hear you scream. It was a great thriiling suspensfull movie that really taught a good lesson i would recommend parents to show it to all their kids sot their kids can learn soemthing.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2010

action packed and average.

lots of action and drugs violent and average.
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

ok movie lots of violence and themes

a ok action movie can be wired at times. i saw the uncut version and it is quiet violent. plenty of action scenes most with shooting and blood. a man is hit by a car and dies. the torture scene can be quiet intense with two nail things being stabbed in a mans legs and being eletrocuted. the kidnapping scene can be quiet intense and frightning. PG-13 language pi*ss off is used a few times from memory i thinks theres a few s-words in there and milder language. a lot of mature themes. young kids won't understand this movie quiet clearly. can be confusing at times. it's worth a rent if you really want to see it but if you just want to watch it just tape it off tv. 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer July 30, 2010

Some Iffy stuff but it's ok for Mature Audiences

Although this movie has some pretty iffy stuff, there is nothing too explicit. There is some language and the overall theme is quite intense but the way the movie is played out this is really * My younger brother (9 years old) saw this movie and was OK with it. Although, I dont think he understood what was going on
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

Pretty good

this movie was pretty good. It was full of action. I would rate it R for Brutal Violence including a scene of torture, disturbing and sexual content, drug references and language.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byarose915 June 6, 2010

Good, intense movie, but not for children/teens

Just watched this movie with my husband after the kids had gone to bed. THANK GOD!! While I really enjoyed the movie there was so much violence and disregard for human life that I would have been mortified if my child had seen it. This movie has made me completely rethink the ratings system and what I allow my daughter to watch before I see it. As a quick example, the movie 13 going on 30 is a cute "PG-13" movie with no violence, and very little suggestive material. I would much rather explain that adults have intimate relationships than have no explination for the killing, fighting, and unlawfullness (is that a word??) that is in this movie. Please watch this before you let your children see it, and make your own decision, but be forwarned it is really not ok for children/teens up to 17.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewboyz12 June 3, 2010

AMAZIN!

This movie is da bomb, action all ova the place, although the whole story line of why the daughter's taken is kinda bad. It's about using her for sexual uses, druging her so high, she can't do anything about it. Great movie though.
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2010

HORRIBLE!!!!!

HORRIBLE!!!! Worst movie ever. Scary and not good whatsoever. BAAADDDD!!!!!
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bycheer chick March 13, 2010

perfect suspense, revenge film!

definitely a movie for adults but it was great!! we loved every minute of it!
Parent of a 15 year old Written bycool-mom January 15, 2010

High Levels of Disturbing and Brutally Violent Content

I am a parent checking out the movie to see if it would be ok for my 15 year old to see. I was using "Clearplay" which allows parents to edit the movie to delete inappropriate content. I had it on the minimum filter settings, and had to keep shutting my eyes from disturbing violence. I couldn't believe this wasn't rated R. Finally, I reset the settings up to medium filter on sex and violence, and high setting for language filter. It was much more tolerable. I feel strongly that the father was portrayed as feeling so above the law in the brutality he portrayed. I am deeply concerned that teens and tweens are watching this stuff and becoming so desentitized to violence and brutality to human beings. Even though I felt that the father wanting to build his relationship with his daughter was great, the other content was too disturbing for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymakaylalalax7 January 13, 2010